BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Cheap 50cc can’t get it to run

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:29 - 10 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see the rest of the diagram but as its going to the warning light for the indicators I think you are right.

They are probably built ino the dash.

Farmingstock
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:03 - 10 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Yeah, found them now, the wires that come from each indicator goes to each diode then they go to a wire that powers a bulb in the dash.

This is the full wiring diagram

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=80217

I can’t get my indicators to work though or the light on the dash?

When I press the indicator switch there is a constant 12-13v+ live to the bulb wires however when the bulbs are connected they don’t work, I have tested the bulbs separately and they are fine!

The bike needs to be running for them to work so my head is banging from trying to fix them!

There is no relay, just power that comes from the rectifier going straight to the indicator switch.

I’ve managed to get headlight, rear light, brake light, horn working, no dash lights as yet and no indicators!

It’s a good job dads aren’t on an hourly rate or my son would be bankrupt!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:08 - 10 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The flasher relay should plug in (somehow) on the 7/19 connector at the top of the diagram, orange wire (assuming that's what OR means)

Basically it runs like this:

Switched power > flasher unit > left/right switch > indicator bulbs > diode array > clock light.

So the flasher relay is always powered up ready to dump out a signal and the switch directs it to whichever side and the diodes just let a single bulb light up without interfering with the opposite side.

Farmingstock
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:01 - 10 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response

7/19 is a rectifier which I think is also a relay, I’m guessing the relay has a fault, I used a power probe from the switch and the bulbs light up fine, however there is only 6v coming from the orange wire (from the rectifier to the switch that powers the indicators) the battery isn’t charging either, so pretty sure that’s where the problem lies!

Will have to try and find a good one.

This is what they look like:

https://en.50factory.com/pieces-neuves/16207-regulateur-de-tension-peugeot-xp6-xps-rieju-rs1-type-facomsa-68201002.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwhOyJBhA4EiwAEcJdcXS9QAngpwtX_Gr2CyYBaK1BOuVczMhOiL7Rb4TuHcIvXbSMSOhyIxoCZ0sQAvD_BwE

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:29 - 11 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, a combo unit. I'm sure someone here had a similar problem (totally different bike ofc.) The economical thing is to get generic reg/rec and flasher and wire them in place of the old single unit but umm... judging from the rest of the thread I suggest you just get a drop-in replacement from somewhere Wink

Farmingstock
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:48 - 11 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah hopefully I can find another one somewhere. I think other models use the same set up Derbi, aprilia etc so parts shouldn’t be to hard to find.

It’s coming together though slowly, maybe a faulty rectifier would cause the timing issues??

Thanks again for the input

Farmingstock
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:30 - 12 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had another look at the flywheel today as it went in reverse again! The woodruff key was in 2 pieces! Got another one on order with a slight advance lip on it!

Farmingstock
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:40 - 14 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can’t find a rectifier, is there a way of wiring in a 4way rectifier for the alternator and a 2 way for the indicators?

If so how would I wire this from the diagram?

Thanks
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 224 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3