Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Shemima Begum, Not Coming home now!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:13 - 02 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same people Labour want to give the vote to?

https://labour.org.uk/latest/stories/time-votes-16/

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:29 - 02 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously its ok when it suits the voter demographic.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:47 - 02 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

That's nothing. What age have the Welsh got it down to now? 12? Years or months? Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:14 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

If theyre old enough to have a sophisticated enough understanding of politics to make a choice like going off to live in a war zone and be held responsible then give them the vote.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:21 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, but then you wouldn't have the arguement that are totally innocent of everything.

Remember, the left change all permeters to suit.

This week we want 16 year olds to have the vote.

Oh yes,

https://www.youthrights.org/issues/voting-age/top-ten-reasons-to-lower-the-voting-age/

Last edited by Polarbear on 09:43 - 03 Mar 2021; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:00 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious question though, what should we throw her out of?

a) Helicopter
b) Transport plane

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:04 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of? not sure what you mean.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:05 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Serious question though, what should we throw her out of?

a) Helicopter
b) Transport plane

Both are a bit of a waste of expensive fuel and pilot hours. The Syrians have plenty of cheap bullets.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 196 days between these two posts...

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:32 - 15 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reactivated because a new interview has emerged.

Well, very much a change of heart/style or has she been coached what to say and how to look to be allowed back here?

Gone is the black bin liner (tm Boris) and in comes western clothes and loose hair.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/imageserver/image/%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F5870f616-c2e8-11eb-a26e-4c086490cfe1.jpg?crop=1600%2C900%2C0%2C0

I've got to the stage I'm not really bothered either way. Token trial and let her disappear into the shithole she came from (Bethnal Green) or leave her there. I'd probably side with bringing her back purely because it's going to happen someday, might as well be now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58573501

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:19 - 15 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I've got to the stage I'm not really bothered either way.

I heard this news story in the car on the way home and thought the same (and that this new tack was solely due to coaching by her legal team) but then they said Savid Javid had seen confidential but damning evidence that proved she was a liability. Now admittedly Javid is a dick who will say whatever he thinks the particular interviewer wants to hear at the time, but we’re far too soft while still taking flack from the wet liberals. I say draw a line, no entry.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:28 - 15 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm inclined to accept that she was a child when she was groomed and am prepared to consider that she may have had an epiphany (yes mixing religious metaphors) after suffering the third death of three children.

Of course i would expect close supervision.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:50 - 15 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she was a groomed child. The problem I have with her coming back is that in the interview she said that she would work with the British Government against ISIS. Now, I'm no genius but even I can see that had this have been a true expression of her feelings, she would be dead.

The world's most obvious double agent?

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 15 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sending someone to live in Bethnal Green must fall under some kind of crime against humanity anyway these days. Hope she has a stab vest.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:38 - 15 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

She was 15, old enough to take her GCSE, old enough to know that being an international terrorist is illegal.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:03 - 15 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
I think she was a groomed child. The problem I have with her coming back is that in the interview she said that she would work with the British Government against ISIS. Now, I'm no genius but even I can see that had this have been a true expression of her feelings, she would be dead.

The world's most obvious double agent?

I would think even walking around the camp in non Islamic gear would be tantamount to a death sentence without the permission of the Isis inmates.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:48 - 15 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Reactivated because a new interview has emerged.

Well, very much a change of heart/style or has she been coached what to say and how to look to be allowed back here?

Gone is the black bin liner (tm Boris) and in comes western clothes and loose hair.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/imageserver/image/%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F5870f616-c2e8-11eb-a26e-4c086490cfe1.jpg?crop=1600%2C900%2C0%2C0

I've got to the stage I'm not really bothered either way. Token trial and let her disappear into the shithole she came from (Bethnal Green) or leave her there. I'd probably side with bringing her back purely because it's going to happen someday, might as well be now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58573501

In the words of the late, great Sean Lock...

"That's a challenging wank."

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:07 - 16 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I would think even walking around the camp in non Islamic gear would be tantamount to a death sentence without the permission of the Isis inmates.

Nah, they're totes down with a nice old fashioned bit of taqiyyah, which this clearly is.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 08:05 - 16 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
She was 15, old enough to take her GCSE, old enough to know that being an international terrorist is illegal.

And yet every timeI see or hear the news there's some hand-wringing parent insisting that their 15 year old is too young to make a decision themselves about something as lifechanging as taking a fucking vaccine....

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:21 - 16 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all the difficult decisions and silly mistakes you make as a 15-year old, running off to join a violent Islamic caliphate and have their babies isn’t one of those, “What was I like! It was just a phase Doh!Hand “ moments.

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:31 - 16 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's safer where she is...... Down in Tower Hamlets some idiot threatening people with a machete in a robbery attempt got it taken off him by locals who then used it to remove one of his hands on Sunday night and a young lad got a carving knife stuck in his back three times in a case of mistaken identity on Monday.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 159 days between these two posts...

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:41 - 22 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated - She's still not coming home.

Shamima Begum bid to regain UK citizenship rejected

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64731007

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:10 - 22 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Updated - She's still not coming home.

Shamima Begum bid to regain UK citizenship rejected

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64731007

Thing is, if a fifteen year old called Maria O'Mally O'Murphy and had got caught up assisting with Irish Republican terrorism would she be getting her citizenship revoked?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:26 - 22 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Thing is, if a fifteen year old called Maria O'Mally O'Murphy and had got caught up assisting with Irish Republican terrorism would she be getting her citizenship revoked?

What do you think?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60132861

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:46 - 22 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was Begum's lawyer, I'd have a solid defense in that she was under 16. 16 is the age of consent in many ways, and under 16 you're classed as a minor and not accountable.

I watched her interview on catch up last week, it's amazing how Westernized she is now, Polarbear posted the pictures.

I suspect she'll 'disappear' i.e. be let back in under a completely new identity, somewhat like James Bulger's killers.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:48 - 22 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's also the fact that international law says you cannot make someone stateless. Bangladesh have stated they will not let her take up her potential citizenship there so the UK has made her stateless because we removed the only citizenship she had or will have.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 35 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7