Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Extinction Rebellion or how not to win an argument

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:32 - 15 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems there was a 4 car pile up at a motorway junction. BBC of course are not saying it was because of those pricks, but if it is, I hope they throw the book at them.

It was "too early in the investigation" to know if the crash was linked to the protests, the force said.
Rolling Eyes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-58569794

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:00 - 15 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

I've mentioned this before but if we don't get a handle on all this nonsense soon we'll be looking at V for Vendetta* rather than 1984 Sad

If it involved a bald Natalie Portman like the film i'd vote for it.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:11 - 15 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It seems there was a 4 car pile up at a motorway junction.

I told my Mrs not to superglue her tits to the armco!!!

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:36 - 15 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what the carbon footprint of an indoor cannabis grow farm is with all of those artificial growlights is? Any cops on here give us some insight?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:58 - 16 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The arrests roll on...

M25 protests: Met arrests three over 'orchestration'

So they are supergluing themselves to the tarmac? I see two solutions: live footage of police officers armed with machetes Shocked Or leave the fuckers there indefinitely with a 24/7 webcam so the nation can track "nature taking its course" Laughing

What I can't figure out is why home insulation? There are loads of subsidised programs in this area...

<ring, ring... ring, ring...>

"Hi, I'm Janice and I'd like to talk to you about loft insulation!"

Oh, so you're with those cunts on the M25... fuck off!

<slam>

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:09 - 16 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There are loads of subsidised programs in this area...

The point here, and it is a valid one, is that we as a society don't consider the impact of insulation upon the amount of energy we use etc etc etc...

The subsidy is only any use if you don't earn any money. For ordinary wage-earners, it is no use whatsoever. The Government has withdrawn all general subsidy for household insulation and this is where the anger comes from. Either that or the fact that 'subsidised' money is offered to do the works at a higher interest rate than available from a bank. It is almost as if the Government wants to discourage ordinary people from insulating their homes, to keep utility bills high... surely not! Shocked

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:34 - 16 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough, I'm just hearing stuff 3rd-hand. I did toy with boarding out my loft (which is yet another insulation layer over the fibre glass) but I think I've missed that boat given the recent rise in wood prices.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:25 - 16 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

So they are supergluing themselves to the tarmac? I see two solutions: live footage of police officers armed with machetes...

Or, as is actually the case, "if you have any questions, or need anything, we're here to help" Brick Wall
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:58 - 16 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Or, as is actually the case, "if you have any questions, or need anything, we're here to help" Brick Wall

Ah, so you've seen the Andrew Lawrence video Wink

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:01 - 16 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Ah, so you've seen the Andrew Lawrence video Wink

I saw a video on GB News.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:00 - 16 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need more superglue because just sticking their hands to the road is a bit half-hearted.

If they were really committed to their cause then they would get naked then glue themselves together and to the road.

Mr. Green

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:59 - 16 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they were really committed to their cause they'd wrap themselves in loft insulation, douse with petrol and self-immolate.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:10 - 16 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insulate Britain: more cladding on buildings..?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:59 - 16 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

I particularly enjoyed seeing that ex bbc t1t getting irritated about it. Im looking forward to what extinction rebellion do next now

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:01 - 16 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
They need more superglue because just sticking their hands to the road is a bit half-hearted.

If they were really committed to their cause then they would get naked then glue themselves together and to the road.

Mr. Green

Extinction centipede style? Laughing with Greta at the head.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:55 - 16 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

I particularly enjoyed seeing that ex bbc t1t getting irritated about it. Im looking forward to what extinction rebellion do next now

Probably just like you enjoyed getting someone sacked from their job for no reason. Hate and resentment - definition of lefties.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:10 - 16 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Probably just like you enjoyed getting someone sacked from their job for no reason. Hate and resentment - definition of lefties.

Wow, you must be bored this evening.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:30 - 16 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Wow, you must be bored this evening.

Yeah, I keep reading your posts, what a giveaway Laughing

Nah, I'm watching music videos tonight, and popping in here now and again.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:50 - 17 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh look, they're back again. Rolling Eyes

But at least the police response was faster this time...

"Climate protesters have blocked a junction in Leatherhead on the M25 on Friday morning for the third time in one week.

Insulate Britain, which is demanding government action on home insulation, stopped traffic at a section of Britain's busiest motorway.

At 8.38am on Friday the group of 14 walked out into the road carrying banners and blocked cars from moving.

Enraged motorists got out of their cars to argue with the group.

Police were on the scene within three minutes of the group’s arrival, one of them holding a video camera. The group said they had called the police shortly before they stepped into the road.

Two protesters were arrested for criminal damage as members of the group also painted 'IB', for Insulate Britain, on the road in large blue letters.

By 9am the whole group had been arrested for conspiracy to cause a public nuisance and moved to the side of the road. The blue paint remained and was picked up on the wheels of some cars as they passed.

At 9.05am police began to move protesters away to vans. One protester’s backpack was searched as he lay on the floor refusing to move.

All 14 protesters that blocked the junction in Leatherhead on the M25 on Friday morning were also arrested on Monday and Wednesday.

By 9.40am all protesters had been searched and loaded into vans. One member of the group was carried by police after refusing to walk.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/09/17/m25-protests-eco-activists-block-junction-motorway-third-time/

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:06 - 17 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite effective really as a lot of people won't even know insulation is a policy issue for reducing energy costs.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:28 - 17 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm amazed they've still got any skin left on their hands after glueing them to the tarmac 3 times in a week

If i ended up at the front of that queue of traffic though, i'd purposely leave the engine running and horn blasting till they were either deaf or intoxiacted

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:00 - 17 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

As heinous as Boozey's parking was, the manager shouldn't have been such a dick about it and shouldn't have got into a shouting match.

Anyway, it was someone else who brought it to the attention of J&S on twitter.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:05 - 17 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

As heinous as Boozey's parking was, the manager shouldn't have been such a dick about it and shouldn't have got into a shouting match.

Anyway, it was someone else who brought it to the attention of J&S on twitter.

I am just gutted that the videos were taken down on YouTube and I missed the drama. Embarassed

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:08 - 17 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Quite effective really as a lot of people won't even know insulation is a policy issue for reducing energy costs.

The fact that insulation reduces fuel costs is hardly a revelation.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:31 - 17 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The recent energy price increases are all the incentive people either need or can understand visa vie loft insulation.

If they try it again I can see someone getting out of their car and going "oh, so you've superglued yourself to the tarmac, eh? well I've just drunk 2 litres of cola waiting in the traffic queue..." <zzzziiiippp>
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 215 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 30 of 55