Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 09:46 - 19 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Meh.

Stuff to do with a car crash 17 years ago is being dragged back up in detail.

Fuck ! 17 yrs ?

Can we expect to read about it on the bbc?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:24 - 19 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Details about the car crash are relevant to something else and the details that are relevant are the effects of my injuries rather than anything about the crash itself.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 11:07 - 19 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Details about the car crash are relevant to something else and the details that are relevant are the effects of my injuries rather than anything about the crash itself.

Tell them you can't remember because your memory isn't very good because you were in an accident 17 years ago. Do they think you'd be due more compo because of this?

Repeat yourself a lot.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:49 - 19 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

GWS.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:38 - 19 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are medical reports and statements from people rather than what I remember and more details and documents are helpful anyway.

It's not a GWS thing, at some point I will be less vague about it all. Smile

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:01 - 19 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

GWS anyway.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:32 - 19 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had lots of trouble with the self-service checkout, which I normally don’t use, and then this-
Bounce!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:42 - 19 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

My old faithful audio mixer has burped, farted and died.

It's similar to consecutive light bulbs blowing at the mo.
I'm eyeing equipment with suspicion.

Enquired and sent a vid of said mixer burping n guffing and the very nice tech fella told me a rough price for repair. I nearly keeled over myself.

Savings pot is lubing up for a rogering.

Last edited by Howling Terror on 19:04 - 19 Sep 2021; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:23 - 19 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spent ages designing some artwork for stickers, then realised the printers need CMYK and my image editor only does RGB.

Sorted now, but was a faff.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:46 - 19 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s that time of year when it’s still nice to leave windows and back doors open in the evening, but the house becomes filled with Daddy Longlegs.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:02 - 19 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
It’s that time of year when it’s still nice to leave windows and back doors open in the evening, but the house becomes filled with Daddy Longlegs.

my pup has fun hunting them down. its quite entertaining to watch.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:11 - 19 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

I currently have a spider suspended above the kitchen sink. It caught one yesterday, sucked all the moisture out of it, then dumped the shrivelled carcass on the draining board. I don't think he's an ideal solution...

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:31 - 19 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought an electrified tennis racket for those things.
I can live with most creepy crawlies but daddy longlegs?
Nope.
Doggo is useless against the leggy hoards but he does like a moth or two.
https://i.postimg.cc/6QQZFqnr/Screenshot-20210919-213325-Video-Player.jpg

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:47 - 19 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Had lots of trouble with the self-service checkout, which I normally don’t use, and then this-
Bounce!

I've found if you go when it's busy then get in a flap at the self checkout and look like your going to lose it then they just come over swipe their pass card and let you get on with paying. Ive had a few freebies that way, first time was a couple of steaks and last week i wasnt even getting hacked off it was the machine that was getting in a tiz trying to weigh a courgette, got home and found id got a free block of cheese. Laughing roll on J&S having self checkouts Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:50 - 19 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:

That's dedication for you! Laughing
How much more than a rolled-up newspaper did it cost?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:52 - 19 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Spent ages designing some artwork for stickers, then realised the printers need CMYK and my image editor only does RGB.

Sorted now, but was a faff.

Bloody Unicorns, once upon a time they were just white now they're all rainbow coloured, well thats cultural diversity for you.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:57 - 19 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Bounce!

I've found if you go when it's busy then get in a flap at the self checkout and look like your going to lose it then they just come over swipe their pass card and let you get on with paying. Ive had a few freebies that way, first time was a couple of steaks and last week i wasnt even getting hacked off it was the machine that was getting in a tiz trying to weigh a courgette, got home and found id got a free block of cheese. Laughing roll on J&S having self checkouts Laughing

I’d paid for the wine, but I did get a free pack of ink cartridges a while ago when the chatty girl on the the till struggled to remove the security tag and then forgot to scan the item. I didn’t know until I got home. Documented here at the time.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:00 - 19 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

In the middle of LIDL (TM) they sometimes have fly nets that you stick to the window with velcro strip. Can recommend Thumbs Up

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:44 - 20 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
recman wrote:

That's dedication for you! Laughing
How much more than a rolled-up newspaper did it cost?

I'm a particularly bad shot. All I have to do with the racket is cover them and zap.
I think it was only a tenner.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:29 - 20 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

In the middle of LIDL (TM) they sometimes have fly nets that you stick to the window with velcro strip. Can recommend Thumbs Up

My Triffids like them. I quite often see a few Venus flytraps with legs hanging out of their mouths/traps.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:41 - 21 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
Divorce papers came through today. Oh well.

The 'it's all over' ones or the 'drop your trouser you're about to get shafted' ones?

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:10 - 21 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potholes on the centreline of the A1 near Stevenage, ignored in recent repairs (doesn’t really bother the cars) but a real distraction when filtering yesterday.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:38 - 22 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
Skudd wrote:
Divorce papers came through today. Oh well.

The 'it's all over' ones or the 'drop your trouser you're about to get shafted' ones?

The sad, no fault, just is ones.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 11:00 - 22 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:

Best of a bad bunch. Hope you're doing OK Skudd.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:03 - 23 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Skudd wrote:

Best of a bad bunch. Hope you're doing OK Skudd.

I'll be fine, just one of those things that happen. This Covid thing has taken it's toll in many ways.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 187 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
Page 29 of 176