BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Gin

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:50 - 19 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I drink gin, it's Bombay sapphire in a very tall glass with lots of ice, decent tonic, lemon and little a purple umbrella. Cool

However Dead Mans Fingers spiced rum, ice and ginger ale is my go to posh tipple.

Captain Morgan's, diet coke and lots of ice is my commoners drink.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:30 - 20 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Makar.

"Since the 19th century, the term The Makars has been specifically used to refer to a number of poets of fifteenth and sixteenth century Scotland, in particular Robert Henryson, William Dunbar and Gavin Douglas, who wrote a diverse genre of works in Middle Scots in the period of the Northern Renaissance."

https://www.glasgowdistillery.com/item/10/Makar/Makar-Original-Dry-Gin.html

End of thread.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:48 - 20 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gin trivia. Juniper was used for flavouring because illicit stills were often fired with juniper wood which burns cleanly so the excisemen couldn't see the smoke from a distance. The resulting spirit was then infused with the readily available juniper berries so it didn't taste so nasty.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:35 - 20 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
The Makar.

"Since the 19th century, the term The Makars has been specifically used to refer to a number of poets of fifteenth and sixteenth century Scotland, in particular Robert Henryson, William Dunbar and Gavin Douglas, who wrote a diverse genre of works in Middle Scots in the period of the Northern Renaissance."

End of thread.

Yeah that's why so many distillers make LONDON gin. And so few make Scotchland gin....
You lot up there should stick to making Whisky!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:33 - 20 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
MCN wrote:
The Makar.

End of thread.

Yeah that's why so many distillers make LONDON gin. And so few make Scotchland gin....

Well FYI, we do stick to making whisky but since we're no a shower of greedy bastirts (like yous lot down there) we have the patience to let it settle for a few years.
In the meantime, our stills are kept busy making other wonderful drinks.

"Scots, wha hae wi’ Wallace bled,
Scots, wham Bruce has aften led,
Welcome to your gory bed,—
Or to victorie.—

Now ’s the day, and now’s the hour;
See the front o’ battle lour;
See approach proud Edward’s power,
Chains and Slaverie.—

Wha will be a traitor-knave?
Wha can fill a cowards’ grave?
Wha sae base as be a Slave?
—Let him turn and flie.—

Wha for Scotland’s king and law,
Freedom’s sword will strongly draw,
Free-Man stand, or Free-Man fa’,
Let him follow me.—

By Oppression’s woes and pains!
By your Sons in servile chains!
We will drain our dearest veins,
But they shall be free!

Lay the proud Usurpers low!
Tyrants fall in every foe!
Liberty ’s in every blow!
Let us Do—or Die."

(Robert Burns)

You're welcome. Wink

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:37 - 20 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
MCN wrote:
The Makar.

End of thread.

Have you tried Japanese whiskey? Some of those could give any Scottish whiskey maker a run for their money.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:42 - 20 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, this weekend I shall be singing sea shantys and trying

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0468/8730/5378/products/badf3aa1-90ab-eb11-8183-06676fafec60_22508_540x.jpg?v=1619992634

That a kind lady donated to my alcoholics fund in exchange for me sorting out her battery charging system. I was hoping for a more personal payment but hey, this comes a close second. Cool

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 19:58 - 20 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Have you tried Japanese whiskey? Some of those could give any Scottish whiskey maker a run for their money.

I'd say some of those would give some Scotch Whisky makers a run for their money. They're first division, not premier league.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:06 - 20 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
The Makar.

End of thread.

so Scottish men like to write poetry and wear skirts Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:35 - 23 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
MCN wrote:
The Makar.

End of thread.

so Scottish men like to write poetry and wear skirts Laughing

Stinkwheel M8, are you seeing this.

Downright Cold-Hearted flame. Crying or Very sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 209 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2