Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So wisdom teeth out in the morning

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:53 - 17 Sep 2021    Post subject: So wisdom teeth out in the morning Reply with quote

Sick Thumbs Down Sick
Dentist phoned, had a cancellation, and can bring it forward, so can do it tomorrow Saturday.

I have a running race on the Sunday. Sad

I imagine the dentist will tell me no exercise for a couple days, due to the risk of "dry socket", which sounds horrendous.

If he says I can run, I'll give it a go, but I imagine it is a no.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:14 - 18 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dental plan?

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:06 - 18 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

bled all over the pillow after i had mine removed. other than that everything was fine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:44 - 18 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only had 1 removed so far, it was impacted and required a couple of stitches.

Can’t say I was in the mode to do anything let alone a run.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:13 - 19 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it was an "oral surgeon" not a dentist I saw, and he said to take both out would be a hospital appointment with sedation, so I opted to get the one out there and then that had been causing all the bother lately.

3 injections, Sick then a 10 minute wait to see if I could feel anything, I could, so a 4th injection which hurt like an absolute mother fucker and I yelled in pain Embarassed then it was numb, and snap,crackle, pop the tooth came out, and I was skipping down the road to a plant sale, and walked the dog.

then the local wore off, and it really fucking hurt for a couple of hours, still hurts now probably from the njectiosn*, but nothing like as bad as the tootache I had beforehand that got me down the dentist to start with Very Happy Thumbs Up

Oh yeah, he told me not to go running tomorrow Sad

* that typo is just too beautiful to correct, I am trying to watch Still Game and touch type.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:22 - 19 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Dental plan?

No, I go to very pricey private dentist and pay each time. But they just fecked me off to the NHS when it got tricky. Rolling Eyes

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 08:32 - 19 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Dental plan?

Lisa needs braces.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:36 - 20 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooth out 11am Sat morning

It is now 3.30am Monday morning, and my life varies between a living hell, to just about okay, depending how recently I have taken 2 ibuprofen and 2 paracetomol. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:54 - 20 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

When my OH had hers out the dentist slipped and basically punched her in the mouth.

Then, once he got the bugger out, it bled so badly for the next 24 hours that she ended up waking up in the night and vomiting blood.

Yay for wisdom teeth!

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:52 - 20 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
I have taken 2 ibuprofen and 2 paracetomol. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Need moar drugs.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:46 - 20 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a wisdom plucked out.
Two Xylocaines, a fly look down the front of assistant's lab coat and it was out.
Not too much hassle.
(Getting her out of the lab coat may have been more difficult.)

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:02 - 20 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the dentis this morningt, last night their emergency 24 hrs number was closed Rolling Eyes and directed me to NHS direct (no, I didn't bother).

Dry socket, and previous infection not quite cleared. Some gunk on the tooth, round of much stronger anti-biotics than before, and some I bougt some co-codamol from the chemist. They seem to work. Bit 'more-ish' apparently though, so only sold me one box.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:22 - 20 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
2 ibuprofen and 2 paracetomol. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

https://www.boots.com/boots-clove-oil-10ml-10114147

It makes things go numb so be careful. Laughing

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:38 - 20 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

When mine removed, I was annoyed by "bone sharp edge" comes out of my gum. Every time I had to go to dentist, cut the gum a little bit, grind the sharp edge. And it occurred 3 or 4 times!! (needed about 3 months)
It was the most annoying thing for me.
https://www.haisha.biz/images/kotueien.GIF

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:00 - 20 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dry socket is exaserbated by smoking . Try to use a bit of gauze to cover the socket.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:39 - 20 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawashima wrote:
When mine removed, I was annoyed by "bone sharp edge" comes out of my gum. Every time I had to go to dentist, cut the gum a little bit, grind the sharp edge. And it occurred 3 or 4 times!! (needed about 3 months)
It was the most annoying thing for me.
https://www.haisha.biz/images/kotueien.GIF

So we now have to do paint diagrams for tooth out as well as bike crashes. Shocked

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:36 - 20 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I had two molars right next to each other removed I could not eat for more than a week. I also had the root canal issue on the other side of the jaw at that time, which was very sensitive to pretty much anything.

I force fed myself cold (room temp.) baked beans from the can, loosing 8-9 Kg while doing so, and also forced myself to drink some water, just to stay alive. When I say I forced fed/drink myself, I mean it. I didn't feel like eating/drinking/doing anything, but I knew that not eating and especially not drinking water would only make things worse.

I would put some beans in my mouth and smash them with my tongue against my palate, then swallowing the mashed up beans, trying to avoid all the sensitive places in my mouth. Drinking was just as much fun as eating. I also had to sleep in seated position, to reduce the blood flow to the wound to reduce swelling. The wound was stitched together so any excessive swelling meant a lot of pain.

By the way, I had to walk home from the dentist the day I had those two teeth removed. I couldn't take 2-3 minutes without spitting blood everywhere, so the public transportation was out of the question and driving a car wouldn't be adviceble. So, I had to do a 10km walk home which only made me bleed quicker.

Even after those 7-8 days of said unpleasantries, the wound was still sensitive, but I could at least drink water (and beer) again and eat soft things and porridges of all sorts. A few weeks after that I had the root canal issue fixed, so I could eat real food again, on one side of the mouth at least. I got the two missing molars replaced with implants later on.

Thinking of it, I once hurt my leg so bad, I could not walk for 3 months. Comparing that to my dentistry adventures, forcing myself to eat/drink and sleep for a week was way worse than that. Thinking

EDIT: I even got a new motorcycle helmet due to all above. I needed a helmet that would not press onto my lower jaw.

Last edited by RhynoCZ on 20:41 - 20 Sep 2021; edited 1 time in total

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:37 - 20 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Dry socket is exaserbated by smoking . Try to use a bit of gauze to cover the socket.

That, and do not leave food in there. Buy some mouthwash without alcohol to clean it after every meal.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:18 - 21 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds horrenndous Ryno Sick

I have to eat with a tea spoon can't open my mouth wide enough, but I can eat curries, and drink hot drinks.

Anyway, got tootache this morning Rolling Eyes enough to wake me up early and keep me awake. Had a problem in this tooth before, I guess wisdom tooth removal has started it off again, really painful, yay Rolling Eyes

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:23 - 21 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:

I have to eat with a tea spoon can't open my mouth wide enough, but I can eat curries, and drink hot drinks.

Anyway, got tootache this morning Rolling Eyes enough to wake me up early and keep me awake. Had a problem in this tooth before, I guess wisdom tooth removal has started it off again, really painful, yay Rolling Eyes

i feel for you fella. toothache is blinking horrible Crying or Very sad

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:30 - 21 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:

Oh, I also had to use the tea spoon method and could only open my mouth just enough for the tea spoon to fit.

The pain was severe only when the wound got irritated (food/drink/laying down, fresh air, trying to lift something up,...). I didn't use any painkillers after the procedure. I don't use them in general.

By the way, for toothaches, try dried clove. Google it. I used this method quite a few times and it's very effective. It is not to be used on open gum wounds, though.

This thing:
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Guy-Paulin-Kamatou/publication/228062435/figure/fig1/AS:302274883670025@1449079356933/The-dried-flowerbuds-of-Eugenia-caryophyllata-known-as-cloves.png

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:39 - 21 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had all four wisdom teeth out at once; hospital job under GA. Struggled to eat anything solid for a few days, more because I couldn't get my jaw to open very well (bizarre as presumably it'd be strapped wide open during the procedure) and it was achey but nothing especially painful from what I remember. Oh and it was free 'cos it was int' hospital. Mr. Green

As for the "nugget" of advice I got from the consultant "after the op, your teeth will have more space to move around" . . . to my knowledge my pearly whites haven't rearranged themselves or played musical chairs since the op. Thinking

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:17 - 22 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you get better and get over this.

I've just been booked in to get one of mine removed, I reckon the one at the bottom needs removing too.

I hate tooth pain more than anything. Get well mate.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:50 - 22 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
for toothaches, try dried clove.

Isn't it more hassle than using clove oil?
Ste wrote:

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 22 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:
for toothaches, try dried clove.

Isn't it more hassle than using clove oil?
Ste wrote:

It certainly is. It's the eugenol that acts as a local anaesthetic and it's far more concentrated in clove oil than in the buds. Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 188 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2