Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:56 - 23 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

yen_powell wrote:
There should be a Volcano tax levied on Iceland, Spain, Italy (and Portugal just in case Madeira plays up).

I've said that for years, it will make them have second thoughts about allowing their volcanoes to go off and pollute the air more in one eruption than man has done since he has been on the planet. Stick Greta on the top of them too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:48 - 24 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

got a gift of a 20v cordless grass strimmer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:48 - 24 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit dreaded double post Crying or Very sad

Last edited by thx1138 on 19:53 - 24 Sep 2021; edited 1 time in total

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:52 - 24 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went fishing today.
Caught a shed load of fish.
Half a pint of maggots and half a loaf of bread, cheap as chips Smile

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:57 - 24 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
Went fishing today.
Caught a shed load of fish.
Half a pint of maggots and half a loaf of bread, cheap as chips Smile

when I were a lad, we would fish of of Worthing pier with drops lines, we would dig lug and ragworm up, climb down the ladders of the jetty and amongst the beams on the pier with a penknife patiently untie, untangle or just cut other peoples fouled lines that theyd left behind to get free hooks and weights

we used to annoy the local serious anglers by being kids and larking about, and also really annoy them by catching fish with out any "proper" kit Laughing

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:01 - 24 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the start of a wee cough work for me.
We are taking up a rather nice offer of spending a few days away at a relatives house near the seaside on the north Norfolk coast.
The impending change in the weather is irrelevant.

Aaaand relax.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:14 - 25 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Its the start of a wee cough work for me.
We are taking up a rather nice offer of spending a few days away at a relatives house near the seaside on the north Norfolk coast.
The impending change in the weather is irrelevant.

Aaaand relax.

Four Coos in a field.
Which one is just back from it's holidays?

The one that had the wee calf.

I've called an Uber.

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 10:54 - 25 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wheel balancer turned up and I had a play....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284116747213?hash=item4226ad83cd:g:SwcAAOSweuxWSezX

Can't make up my mind whether to make my own motorcycle attachment or buy this one..
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223441121061?hash=item340620ef25:g:E6QAAOSwRzlgVTBR

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:39 - 25 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

In amongst the sad news that the British Army is driving Scottish ambulances I noticed the pidgin English wording on the side of the vehicle, much like the Welsh version. There can have been no ancient word for ambulance in old Gaelic so why not write it as, ‘Ambulance’ ? Just to be different, I suppose.
Laughing

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/4004/production/_120688361_976pahi070847402.jpg

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:53 - 25 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Scots invented the Ambaileans to help ferry wounded Englishmen off the field of combat to make way for our sheep and coos.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:56 - 25 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tidy.

https://www.northwaleschronicle.co.uk/resources/images/10689610.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=responsive-gallery

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:35 - 25 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Shouldn't that be a mirror image for people looking in their rear view mirrors?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:42 - 25 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Shouldn't that be a mirror image for people looking in their rear view mirrors?

Agreed, but maybe in Wales when people see a fluor-chequerboard van behind with blue lights and a siren they go, “I think that’s an ambiwlans,” without further clues. It’s the English who need help?

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:43 - 25 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid welsh letters always coming through always go straight in the bin for me..

I've tried arguing for single language V5's in the past but I suppose because i'm in Wales the assembly demand I need bilingual. I've noticed road signs now in welsh first then english, like in N. Wales.
By the time I've read the first sentence and realised it means f all, i'm past it and i've not gleamed anything at all.

Sneaky bar stewards have been sending out multi-language stuff on single sheets of paper now, almost staggered every other paragraph so I can't just chuck the welsh crap out. Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:44 - 25 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
In amongst the sad news that the British Army is driving Scottish ambulances I noticed the pidgin English wording on the side of the vehicle, much like the Welsh version. There can have been no ancient word for ambulance in old Gaelic so why not write it as, ‘Ambulance’ ? Just to be different, I suppose.
Laughing

I believe the etymology is from early modern French, and was not really used in England until around the Crimean War, means walking hospital, from ambulate I think.

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:37 - 25 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Laughing

I believe the etymology is from early modern French, and was not really used in England until around the Crimean War, means walking hospital, from ambulate I think.
I prefer the German Krankenwagen, which takes you to the Krankenhaus.

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:35 - 25 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still occasionally recall the dual language menu I saw in a cafe in North Wales when trail riding there. Next to SWEET it said something like PUDWYN.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:50 - 26 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

150 km in the Moravian countryside, and I even took an alright night sky picture with my new smartphone.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/pxl_20210926_160213215.jpg

It takes 5 minutes to take this kind of picture (pixel 4a). I had to lower the resolution of the pictures to upload them here, but they still look more than alright.
https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/pxl_20210926_185153708.night.jpg

I even caught two satellites chasing each other. Shocked

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/pxl_20210926_190016121.night.mp4

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:59 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locally sourced pork & apple sausages for breakfast, nom nom nom! Smile

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:22 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I dunno.
I'm just generally in a bloody good mood.

I'm not sure what jobs the H.R. Director says she thinks I will be "brilliant" at ... but she wants to chat about them on Thursday, via Zoom. Eeek.
Never really considered that I'd be any good at H.R. stuff, not been my sort of thing so far. Although my sister ended up being an HR Director at a childrens charity in Sydney before she died, and she was alright, I dunno.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see Laughing

And the senior consort, he's alright too ... not bad for an old fella.
Shifty I'm having a 10cc moment on that.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:10 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spent the WHOLE weekend in the garden, both days. Was a bit of a supreme effort for me. Especially cos its RIGHT in the middle of spider season Shocked

The senior consort brought his loppers Laughing (all the way, on the train, tied up with some blue string) ... and helped me cut up all the old bits of tree and rose bush that I had cut down in the last six months or so.

And we got it all bagged up and ready for the bin, swept up and washed down all the paths, and even managed to sit down for a couple of cups of tea in there.

It looks like fuck all at the moment, but that's the point. There's a lot of fuck all, so there is space to plant new stuff - and no branches and prickles on the floor at all Cool

I'm well chuffed. This one manages to push me just enough to get me to do stuff that is good for me, the sort of life that I haven't been living for absolutely AGES.

I'm working out what plants I want to put in there, already Smile

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:24 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Spent the WHOLE weekend in the garden

I'm working out what plants I want to put in there, already Smile

Edible ones Thumbs Up

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:35 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw, the senior consort already does quite well at that himself.
We had a conversation about it, but I'm more likely to stick to herby sort of things, but will let him donate any of his produce to me when I'm in the vicinity.

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:42 - 28 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Spent the WHOLE weekend in the garden, both days. Was a bit of a supreme effort for me. Especially cos its RIGHT in the middle of spider season Shocked

Hmmm ! Thinking

Quote:
I'm trying to convince myself it was the CBD oil and not the really nice dirty weekend that made me so chirpy this morning on the way to work Laughing

What kind of box you say ???

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:45 - 28 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
but will let him donate any of his produce to me when I'm in the vicinity.

..and they say romance is dead. Razz
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 181 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 17 of 101