Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Al Beeb subliminal comedy?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
View previous topic : View next topic  

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:28 - 23 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:

Things you'll know if you're a black swimmer:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/swimming/56016127

Quote:
I think if you look at the stereotype people think that black people just sink in water, and you know, that's not true at all

Laughing

Arrow The myth that black people can't swim definitely makes a lot of people not take part.
Arrow There are A LOT of extra barriers...... like hair that they don't want to get wet so often.....and dry skin, so moisturising....
Arrow There are pools that you go to where mostly you just see white people. It's empowering to be there taking up space amongst all these white middle aged men.
Arrow It can feel really good.

Feels good, if you can get over all the white people spoiling it for you with their non fuzzy hair and their oily skin and there just bloody well being so many of them.

What is this shit? Laughing

Last edited by arry on 16:23 - 24 Feb 2021; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:05 - 24 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
What is this shit? Laughing

Race grifting Wink

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:13 - 25 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Race grifting Wink

Up a notch here then.

https://www.indy100.com/news/june-sarpong-salary-bbc-twitter-b1890110

June Sarpong gets paid a small fortune for a 3 day week to grift away at diversifying the workforce and what happens when someone takes a pop at her on Twitter?

Stevie Benton wrote:
Almost everyone raging about June Sarpong and her role/salary is demonstrating, quite clearly, why her role is needed.

That's right, disagreeing with her being paid a whopper fat cheque in a pointless diversity role only demonstrates why the role is required in the first place Laughing

I didn't know much about her so decided to go looking:

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2020/oct/11/june-sarpong-i-dont-have-the-luxury-of-being-mediocre-interview-bbc-diversity-books

Books on how white people can tackle racism Laughing

Quote:
“Well, we know that if you look at who’s had access to opportunity across the board, it’s been a very, very small group in society,” she says. “In order to reverse that and jumpstart the system, you have to intervene. People are very comfortable with targets and goals in all areas of business; it’s only when you start talking about targets for people that there is debate. But I’m not wasting time or energy with anyone who doesn’t want to do it. Especially when there are lots of people who do. My focus is there.”

Yeah, ignore all the plebs that pay your salary Laughing

Imagine being so deluded that you think you need to jump start the system so that black people can achieve in life....when you're a black person that's an OBE and has achieved in life without even having gone to university Shocked How did she do it?!

Quote:
When she joined MTV at 21, for instance, part of a new wave of female presenters including Cat Deeley, Edith Bowman and Donna Air, Sarpong was excluded from a magazine cover shoot celebrating the station’s hot new female talent. At the time, she shrugged it off. “The worst was that it wasn’t the magazine that had made the decision – it was MTV,” she says now. But she kept her head down and stuck to the immigrant parent script: you have to work twice as hard for half as much

Oh, she worked twice as hard and only got paid half as much Crying or Very sad

Just imagine having your nose out of joint for not being on the front cover of a magazine twenty years ago - the insinuation being because she was black - when Cat Deeley, Edith Bowman and Donna Air were all in their prime and competing for the same space. Yeah, wasn't just because, I dunno, you weren't the looker they were?! Shocked

Used to date David Lammy by all accounts - quite the couple they would have been.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:02 - 26 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, some slight racism 20+ years ago is all the proof one needs that the entire system must be torn down Rolling Eyes

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:32 - 26 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

June Sarpong will be proud of this diversity.

New series, Vigil.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11846996/?ref_=rvi_tt

It's about a Submarine. Therefore, the Royal Navy. It also has the old Bill thrown in for good measure.

Just look at the cast Laughing

Apparently there's not only female Admirals in the Navy, but visible Ethnic Minority ones at that Laughing

Imagine the screeching that would go on if someone cast a remake of, say, Boyz N The Hood, with a couple of white guys thrown in for diversity's sake Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:45 - 26 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BBC really has no shame. Having turned a blind eye to Saville’s crimes they’re now the basis for entertainment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58699058

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:57 - 26 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:37 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think cancelling my annual telly tax was money well spent. BBC can go phuck theresels.
And Coogan too.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:29 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
The BBC really has no shame. Having turned a blind eye to Saville’s crimes they’re now the basis for entertainment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58699058

You know, they may not paint the nonce in the best light and they may use it as a vehicle to demonstrate their contrition...

Or they may use it to demonstrate how little the current DG and his minions knew about it, thus resigning it to history and the responsibility of people now retired.

A brave move on the part of Coogan.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:46 - 30 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMHtqOqNLH0

Too close to normal service
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:37 - 30 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMHtqOqNLH0

Too close to normal service

Buggernation Street, LMAO!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:48 - 29 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBC's Nick Watt felt like prey during protester chase, court hears

tl;dr I woz chased by the bigger boys Crying or Very sad

No capacity for self reflection obviously but some wag at the BBC felt it necessary to leave this in:

Quote:
During his evidence, two people were removed from the public gallery for laughing.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:22 - 08 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rural audiences slam BBC's Countryfile, Chris Packham's Springwatch and The Archers for failing to 'represent rural issues'

Living out in the sticks and surrounded by farmland my mum's been saying the same for a while.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:33 - 08 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Rural audiences slam BBC's Countryfile, Chris Packham's Springwatch and The Archers for failing to 'represent rural issues'

Living out in the sticks and surrounded by farmland my mum's been saying the same for a while.

No animal dies on Adam’s Farm and there’s no mud. It’s a sanitised theme park for townies.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:35 - 08 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

No animal dies on Adam’s Farm and there’s no mud. It’s a sanitised theme park for townies.

To be fair, Spring watch is a show about wildlife so thats fair enough. The rest are crap.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:33 - 08 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

Clarkson's Farm?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owMfUgRNiOs

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:02 - 09 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick quiz: which of these do you think has helped farmers the most?

Countryfile

Clarkson's Farm

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:14 - 09 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Quick quiz: which of these do you think has helped farmers the most?

Countryfile

Clarkson's Farm

Any farmers around here? Smile Probably neither, although Jeremy's series did highlight how f**ked they're once subsidies are gone.

I don't know what countryfile are currently doing, I stopped watching (can I admit I did enjoy it at one point? Shifty) when they started with the countryside is raciss stuff...

Rural Britain is racist, says Countryfile presenter Ellie Harrison - The countryside is racist and Britons must acknowledge the “lingering, ambient racism” from our past, a BBC Countryfile presenter has said.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:19 - 09 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Rural Britain is racist, says Countryfile presenter Ellie Harrison[/url] - The countryside is racist and Britons must acknowledge the “lingering, ambient racism” from our past, a BBC Countryfile presenter has said.

No, my dear. The English countryside is English. I'm surprised at your surprise Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:55 - 09 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
M.C wrote:
Rural Britain is racist, says Countryfile presenter Ellie Harrison[/url] - The countryside is racist and Britons must acknowledge the “lingering, ambient racism” from our past, a BBC Countryfile presenter has said.

No, my dear. The English countryside is English. I'm surprised at your surprise Laughing

What annoys me is black and asian areas are very unwelcoming, on top of being shitholes. Ethnic minorities go to a quaint peaceful village, then complain being around so many white people makes them feel uncomfortable.

The hypocrisy is if we say exactly the same thing about a 'diverse' area, that's considered a raciss statement.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:20 - 09 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the crazy people aren't careful, they'll get what they think they want, and "racist" will become a badge of pride (and I don't mean the gay rights lot).
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:40 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
ambient racism

As if institutional racism didn't elicit enough leverage Thinking

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:15 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
I think cancelling my annual telly tax was money well spent. BBC can go phuck theresels.
And Coogan too.
#metoo

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:20 - 10 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Ethnic minorities go to a quaint peaceful village, then complain being around so many white people makes them feel uncomfortable.

The hypocrisy is if we say exactly the same thing about a 'diverse' area, that's considered a raciss statement.

Luton!!!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 231 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23