Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

MotoGP 2021

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:26 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I'd be putting a lottery ticket in!!!!

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:59 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marquez. Can't argue with that performance

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:18 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
Moto3.

'kin hell!

It's out of hand in all the 'junior' classes.
Doesn't bode well.

That tantrum could be looked upon as an outpouring of frustration due to a mechanical or an immature lad unaware of the bigger picture.

As for swerving....and then cutting infront after an overtake....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:02 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very lucky not to have a death or two in Moto3.

The riding is reckless, but I have to say that we've seen irresponsible riding go unpunished in the Premier class this season too.

Glad no serious injuries though, very scary!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:43 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Penalties have been issued.

Some consistent direction is needed. Redbull rookies is another series that would also benefit from it too. I'm of the mind that under 16s shouldn't be racing in any major championships.
Aye it's a big can of worms I open with plenty of contradiction and complication.

My kid has fallen off horses and she's been my pillion since 8. That's risk right there.
What she didn't have are pressures that these kids are under.
They (well I certainly didn't) have much in the way of self-preservation or consequence.
I follow a bloke on the socials who teaches kids motorcycle racecraft and the whole thing of training these children to race doesn't sit well with me.
I watched the Lorenzo bio-pic ...that scene with his son on a mini-moto also felt wrong to me.
It's just too much for a wee kid to fulfil the wishes of others.

You....the 6 or 7 people in this thread may feel completely different.

*Mir has been demoted one place for running into Miller on the last lap.

Deniz Oncu has been suspended from the next two races.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:45 - 04 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are right penalties.

The claim that Rossi is somehow clean where Marquez et al are dirty doesn't sit well either. He wasn't aversed to some knocking and shoving in his early career, it's just so long ago that folk have conveniently forgotten about it.

That's where ex racers need to be on the panel dishing out the penalties. As soon as punishment co-exists alongside regulations the daftness will cease.

There's a difference between a no hope barge in and a clean hard move - for the racing I'd not like to see clean hard moves legislated out of the sport. Whereas getting 9/10ths of a bike length past someone and then hacking back in where they either roll off or crash is just not on.

Felt so sorry for Miller, he didn't deserve that after a good race and nor did the folk in Moto3. Still amazed no one died!

As for MM93 - watching him knuckle down and clear off was a welcome return. I can't help wondering if Fabio let him do that because he knew they'd both get what they wanted / needed.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 08:51 - 04 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
Those are right penalties.

The claim that Rossi is somehow clean where Marquez et al are dirty doesn't sit well either. He wasn't aversed to some knocking and shoving in his early career, it's just so long ago that folk have conveniently forgotten about it.

That's where ex racers need to be on the panel dishing out the penalties. As soon as punishment co-exists alongside regulations the daftness will cease.

There's a difference between a no hope barge in and a clean hard move - for the racing I'd not like to see clean hard moves legislated out of the sport. Whereas getting 9/10ths of a bike length past someone and then hacking back in where they either roll off or crash is just not on.

Felt so sorry for Miller, he didn't deserve that after a good race and nor did the folk in Moto3. Still amazed no one died!

As for MM93 - watching him knuckle down and clear off was a welcome return. I can't help wondering if Fabio let him do that because he knew they'd both get what they wanted / needed.

Someone should explain this to Verstappen as well

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:09 - 06 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:

Well, my take on it is this.

IMO, the “antics” we see on track now, week in week out, are the Marquez legacy.

His behaviour on track, when he was in Moto2, was appalling, he was always prepared to shove anyone off the track and always ready to go for a gap that didn’t exist. How he held onto some of his race wins is a total mystery.
However, rather than being told to calm it down for a season in Moto2, Dorna and the FIM colluded, broke their own rules and promoted him to MotoGP.
He did calm down, a bit, not much as he was still stuffing it up the inside into a gap that didn’t exist and fcuk the consequences for anyone else.

Now he’s a multiple world champion and a whole new crop of teenagers have watched him bump, bash and barge his way to the front. As far as they’re concerned that’s the way to do it!

Yes, we did see similar riding in the past, however it was usually confined to the end of season, championship deciding, races. We did not see it week in, week out, as we do now.

I’m fully aware that “rubbing is racing”, fairing bashing and other shenanigans have always gone on, however using the guy on the outside as a berm, a particular Marquez favourite, has taken things to a new level.

The FIM and Dorna only have themselves to blame, they created the problem and now they need to sort it out!

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:20 - 06 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet I'd argue that letting Fenati getting a license again EVER was a far worse reward for outright dangerous behaviour.

I don't know ..... that move that Denis made in Moto2 wasn't even in / on a corner.

Seems Mir isn't aversed to a bit of late entry barging either .....

They're going to have to give them all wing mirrors and a mandatory highway code / theory test at this rate.

Personally I think 16 and younger is too young to appreciate the responsibility that comes with winning / racing.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 06 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
And yet I'd argue that letting Fenati getting a license again EVER was a far worse reward for outright dangerous behaviour.

I don't know ..... that move that Denis made in Moto2 wasn't even in / on a corner.

Seems Mir isn't aversed to a bit of late entry barging either .....

They're going to have to give them all wing mirrors and a mandatory highway code / theory test at this rate.

Personally I think 16 and younger is too young to appreciate the responsibility that comes with winning / racing.

I don't disagree with any of that, especially the Fernati situation, he should have had a lifetime ban, AFAIC!

It was Moto3, by the way.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:31 - 08 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:

I don't disagree with any of that, especially the Fernati situation, he should have had a lifetime ban, AFAIC!

It was Moto3, by the way.

Nope, quite definetly Moto 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTTmSxCYHzc

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:53 - 30 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, can someone quietly explain to me what happened in Moto3, Texas?!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:24 - 07 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Oncu slipstreams past and cuts in front causing a massive crash.
Suspended for 2 races.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:52 - 09 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc Marquez is having double vision issues similar to those in 2011.
Fingers crossed for the fella.

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:49 - 09 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Marc Marquez is having double vision issues similar to those in 2011.
Fingers crossed for the fella.

Oh bugger. I didn't like him being so dominant for so long (just because it made the championship boring), but I was really looking forward to him coming back a bit more like he used to be and giving a challenge to the other contenders. Marquez vs Bagnaia at Aragon was fantastic. Hope he sorts himself out.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:11 - 09 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moto3 Algarve... edge of the seat stuff!

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:39 - 10 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me ... MotoGP is less interesting without 93. It was borderline processional at the weekend.

MOTO 2 and 3 was where the interesting racing took place.

I wish they'd stop fawning over Stoner too!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:02 - 10 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Circuit racing does have its processional phases and I think it was Stoner (sorry to mention him Fester Smile ) who said the bikes and riders have never been so close.
Guess when the top dozen bikes are within 1.5 seconds of each other and the field is made up of so many champions it'll make overtakes mega risky, or it occasionally means punting someone wide/off.

I liked Stacey Moaner....the story how he got to the top, the amazing things he did on that bitchovaredbike and the people who he beat.

The on the grid interview with the Ducati boss (not Tardotzi the other one...no not Mr chin stroker the other one) who was asked about Casey and said how his input was very helpful in the setup for last weekend). Yeah well...that to me shows the intelligence of the man.

Question is...Will everyone pull over to let his holyness take his 200th podium this weekend. Very Happy

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:36 - 10 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hate Stoner and I guess in his defence he had to stop racing against his will as opposed to lorenzo et al.

I just wish he'd be in ... or out.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:21 - 12 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ciao Vale.

An incredible career.

Entertainer and a great racer with a superb racing mind.
Helped raise the profile of the sport like many great champions before him (Ago, Sheene..Schwantz..Doohan et al) and those that followed.

Dodged tax bills...punted riders off...played mind-games..ruthless.

An all-rounder. Clapping

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:27 - 12 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The future is just around the corner.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FD-7SrrXsAUj_RU?format=jpg&name=large

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:52 - 12 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/80594422.jpg

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:35 - 12 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do do some tasty looking bikes

https://ridecake.com/en/products/bikes/

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:02 - 12 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FD7BwW5X0AonD43?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:41 - 13 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be nice if everyone just let him go at the start do a lap and race for 2nd!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 136 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8