Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:58 - 24 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keithy wrote:
A100man wrote:
We could take the heat off Shaggy by all getting the same plate on our bikes, perhaps. maybe... Shifty

Genius idea! Thumbs Up

What’s the plate? I got speed and red light cameras near me. I’ll spend an afternoon blasting through em on a bicycle with the plate Velcro’d to the back.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:04 - 24 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

For shits and giggles if you were, for example, to write a number plate on a piece of paper and hold it up by the cameras for the London congestion charge then the owner of the vehicle will be sent a nice photo of you holding it up.

I recommend writing 'greetings from London' underneath. Its a lot cheaper than a postcard.

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:47 - 24 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our old radar guns at work had a tuning fork in the case to test them before use (speed surveys only). You gave the tuning fork a crack on the table to get the high pitched ringing noise, then held it anywhere in front of the gun and you should get a reading of whatever is stamped on the fork. The forks in ours was set for 50mph.

Up the road from me is an old 30mph speed camera, GATSO I think. When my son was little I took him up there with the tuning fork to wave about in front of it so we could see if we could get it to flash. Not a peep out of the thing though.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 02:24 - 02 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
Neither, it's City of London Police.

Then you may get lucky and they will deal with it.

A few years ago one of my plates was cloned and put on a scooter which was found by the Police in a garden who let the person keep it. There was then an assault and various tickets as well as a bit of drug dealing and the ticket office in Dartford refused to acknowledge it wasn't my bike and expected me to jump through hoops, I told them to fúck off as it was a known cloned plate.

Luckily the Police were talking to me on the phone during one incident and I could prove the bike was with me.

After that they finally spoke to each other and apologies were issued but for a normal person I imagine it could be quite stressful.

What are the dates and times of the two tickets?

Now I don't have the problem as the plate has a descriptor on it. Run the plate through the PNC and it links to a file that has a particular phrase that is written across the plate so now if I get stopped they check for the phrase, giggle and apologise telling me I'm free to go.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:29 - 02 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good shout. What's the regs around decorative borders and any other ornamentation around the actual number plate as cloners are unlikely to go as far as reproducing it Thinking Given the resolution of ANPR cameras is only going up you can go "nope, my plate has the phrase 'Cloners are Cnuts' across the bottom"

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 19:27 - 02 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
That's a good shout. What's the regs around decorative borders and any other ornamentation around the actual number plate as cloners are unlikely to go as far as reproducing it Thinking Given the resolution of ANPR cameras is only going up you can go "nope, my plate has the phrase 'Cloners are Cnuts' across the bottom"

It's not something the average person can have linked to a plate, it has to be done by the reporting officer, links in like a piece of intelligence. Some plates for example are linked to drug dealers, mine links to a phrase.

As to the legality of it, who cares.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:52 - 05 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update - just received a phone call from City of London police. The plate was misread, the camera thought it was a "V", it's a "Y". The bike is a Silver scooter, not a black ER5 Smile
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 17:51 - 05 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
Update - just received a phone call from City of London police. The plate was misread, the camera thought it was a "V", it's a "Y". The bike is a Silver scooter, not a black ER5 Smile

Are they putting that in writing?

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:13 - 05 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:

Time to order up the same plate and have some fun around London then Laughing

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:15 - 05 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
The Shaggy D.A. wrote:

Are they putting that in writing?

Apparently - the girl who called me was escalating it to her sergeant for confirmation. She sent me the photo, but I'm not relaxing just yet.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

jeffyjeff
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:11 - 09 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
Apparently - the girl who called me was escalating it to her sergeant for confirmation. She sent me the photo, but I'm not relaxing just yet.

Relax, dude. You are the DA! She should be trembling in fear as she dials your number. What this? The London traffic cams are imperfect? Heads will roll!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 171 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2