Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

A heart-warming tale from the home counties..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:28 - 14 Sep 2021    Post subject: A heart-warming tale from the home counties.. Reply with quote

.. or is it East Midlands - no-one knows for sure. Anyway:

https://www.bedfordtoday.co.uk/news/crime/nearly-70-e-scooters-stopped-in-bedford-with-over-30-seized-in-police-crackdown-3381291

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:44 - 14 Sep 2021    Post subject: Re: A heart-warming tale from the home counties.. Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

https://i.imgflip.com/5mwujt.jpg

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:12 - 14 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riding under the influence. Laughing

I'm laughing because the hire scooters in MK are the defacto 'go home' after a night on the piss. Because we have the redway system where the police never go, they are safe from getting done.

Even the poor hard done by illegal Asian taxi drivers are moaning that the scooters have taken their trade away.

Ah well, at least some good comes of them. Twisted Evil

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:09 - 14 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope, seized and crushed, with the offending scooterer on-board. Mad

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:55 - 14 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking about this.

If you fitted an e-scooter with one big hinged pedal on the deck which is attached to the rear wheel with a single run of chain going over a freewheel with a coil spring return, it would nominally be able to propel the thing forwards when you push down on the pedal and it would return on the freewheel when you lift up. Add a microswitch which only sends power to the motor when you are pressing the pedal and it's then pedal assist.

A bit like a stepper scooter but considerably more shonky.
https://bestgamingpro.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/0112191575197393.jpg

Imagine the rage on a coppers face when their self-riteous indignation turns out to be wrong.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:25 - 15 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
I hope, seized and crushed, with the offending scooterer on-board. Mad

A few months ago while I was in my cage waiting in traffic on the A749 I saw a cunt on a e-scooter going up the nearside of the road flying up between the parked cars and the cars sitting in the queue at the lights. You can see the location here:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.8245498,-4.2097355,3a,75y,322.95h,91.38t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sVThV08fbinX9g59EcfwPDA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

The cunt smashed into an Audi that was parked at the side of the road, he fell off his e-scoot, got up and shook himself off, seen that he smashed the Audi's wing mirror clean off then just scarpered off not a care in the world and went through the red light using the ped crossing which had a green man.

I really hate these cunts.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:42 - 15 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

If you fitted an e-scooter with one big hinged pedal on the deck which is attached to the rear wheel with a single run of chain going over a freewheel with a coil spring return, it would nominally be able to propel the thing forwards when you push down on the pedal and it would return on the freewheel when you lift up. Add a microswitch which only sends power to the motor when you are pressing the pedal and it's then pedal assist.

Imagine the rage on a coppers face when their self-riteous indignation turns out to be wrong.

If it is anything like e-bikes, this would still be limited to 150w.

You could have a switch to limit power to 150w when the rozzers stopped you but it would be a lot of hassle proving this in court. I doubt you would get the whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing with something like this. That is so 20th century.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:24 - 15 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

It wouldn't make you not a cnut though.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:26 - 15 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:

A few months ago while I was in my cage waiting in traffic on the A749 I saw a cunt on a e-scooter going up the nearside of the road flying up between the parked cars and the cars sitting in the queue at the lights. You can see the location here:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.8245498,-4.2097355,3a,75y,322.95h,91.38t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sVThV08fbinX9g59EcfwPDA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

The cunt smashed into an Audi that was parked at the side of the road, he fell off his e-scoot, got up and shook himself off, seen that he smashed the Audi's wing mirror clean off then just scarpered off not a care in the world and went through the red light using the ped crossing which had a green man.

Audi you say? - ooh now I'm in a bit of tizzy..

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:25 - 15 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them, purely because the police are getting a bee in their bonnet about them.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:38 - 15 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I like them, purely because the police are getting a bee in their bonnet about them.

Lets hope the Welsh police start focusing on them instead of harrasing innocent bikers.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:54 - 15 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon these things will produce a generation of very unfit people, at least e-bicycles mostly require some pedaling
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:41 - 16 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
I reckon these things will produce a generation of very unfit people, at least e-bicycles mostly require some pedaling

A generation of unfitties like wot PC Gaming has generated?
Very Happy

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:09 - 16 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

I think its more Joe Public TBh that have complained to the Rozzers who at last have taken some action. I suspect they'renot widely used in Cumbria - a bit too hilly. Wink

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:47 - 16 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

We look forward to seeing you on Dragons den.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:49 - 16 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:

And, Audi drivers use wing mirrors when?

stevo123
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:54 - 15 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get why e-scooters and e-bikes are treated so differently by the law. Anyone know?

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:33 - 15 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo123 wrote:
I don't get why e-scooters and e-bikes are treated so differently by the law. Anyone know?

E-bikes are 'pedal assist'. E-scooters are for kids and kunts.

TaffyTDM
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:45 - 15 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

You've inadvertently created scooterpal

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:58 - 15 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo123 wrote:

Ebikes are specifically exempted in the law and must have a limited speed and require you to pedal all the time.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 15 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
stevo123 wrote:

E-bikes are 'pedal assist'. E-scooters are for kids and kunts.

from what ive been told e-scoots are only legal for driving licence holders, so not for kids, just Kunts.

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:51 - 15 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

So has Stinkwheel created this pedal assist E-scoot and been done over by the plod for it or is he busy in the real world? its anyones guess. Laughing
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:14 - 17 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo123 wrote:

The scum in the system don't like it cutting into the numerous rackets they have with other forms of transport. They're also having to bodge the law to steal them from the public.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:53 - 18 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

virus wrote:
So has Stinkwheel created this pedal assist E-scoot and been done over by the plod for it or is he busy in the real world? its anyones guess. Laughing

Stinkwheel has been having a great time riding a real motorbike in the Picos de Europa.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/AM-JKLVMS7wEMBY0C_pO1CIORk1DDSpsHjNPAm0QAqxfxkm3RNAVKAISamEoJRmNPWXFoGXqVtzvnudM2eVTG_6o2ykjGlYlzSto3bYeTaR6AH_XIbynyPmbyXiHcwAt-s_Orafx9Xl2CoyqloYTXPQPh3nc=w1576-h886-no

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:46 - 19 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
virus wrote:

Stinkwheel has been having a great time riding a real motorbike in the Picos de Europa.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/AM-JKLVMS7wEMBY0C_pO1CIORk1DDSpsHjNPAm0QAqxfxkm3RNAVKAISamEoJRmNPWXFoGXqVtzvnudM2eVTG_6o2ykjGlYlzSto3bYeTaR6AH_XIbynyPmbyXiHcwAt-s_Orafx9Xl2CoyqloYTXPQPh3nc=w1576-h886-no

Nice.

Whats the leccy bike/scooter/skateboard sitrep? Wjen I was in Paris a few years back they were all over the place.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 161 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2