Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 175, 176, 177  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:13 - 14 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I have to question the sanity of someone who joins a motorcycle forum specifically to not talk about motorcycles Thinking

Oi, I resemble that remark.
It's "sport".
When one is in the right weevilly mindset, I quite like indulging in a bit of light trolling meself. Its the mental equivalent of a cat sharpening its claws on a bit of furniture .

edit: not here, mind you. Pointless trolling here.
has to be people who don't know ya Laughing

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:42 - 14 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted the cars brake plumbing and put everything back together, only to find that I now have a puncture. Bugger.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:26 - 15 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
My gears are particularly ground today, so much so that I had to "go for a walk" to chill out in my first new day in a new office-share arrangement with a bunch of research-scientist types.

I think it will all work out okay, its a bit of a squeeze (but I've been in worse), and its a nice sunny corner: the view is lovely (fourth floor view of Chelsea rooftops, nice)

And my officemates (so far) are nice friendly normal-seeming people.

I'll just have to learn how to work more *compactly* for a bit.
It will all work out somehow Rolling Eyes

Strangers are just friends you haven't alienated yet. Give it time Razz

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:25 - 15 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Easy-X wrote:
I have to question the sanity of someone who joins a motorcycle forum specifically to not talk about motorcycles Thinking

Oi, I resemble that remark.
It's "sport".
When one is in the right weevilly mindset, I quite like indulging in a bit of light trolling meself. Its the mental equivalent of a cat sharpening its claws on a bit of furniture .

edit: not here, mind you. Pointless trolling here.
has to be people who don't know ya Laughing

But you do have a motorbike (several I think) and you do talk about them.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:19 - 15 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went fishing today.
It’s colder than it has been lately, water was gin clear, very bright sunshine.
I caught f/all Sad .
Gonna go out on the bike in the next couple of days to cheer myself up.
Gonna look for new fishing venues.

Bet it fecking rains Shocked Laughing .
EDIT: it’s raining Rolling Eyes , fair weather biker = bike stays in the garage Sad

Last edited by pepperami on 09:21 - 20 Oct 2021; edited 1 time in total

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:56 - 16 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who don't pick up after their dog when it lays an egg.

Those people are going to burn in hell. Now the fires of hell that burn for all eternity are fueled by dog eggs, shoes that have been trodden in dog shit and push bike tyres that have dog shit on them.

And they'll be choking on those fumes for ever and ever and ever.

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:05 - 16 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Those people are going to burn in hell. Now the fires of hell that burn for all eternity are fueled by dog eggs, shoes that have been trodden in dog shit and push bike tyres that have dog shit on them.

My dogs are walked mostly on my own land, land that I own.

There is a public footpath that crosses part of my land. My dogs have my permission to shit & piss anywhere they want to & I grant myself permission to leave it there & not clean it up . . . .

Problems arise when over zealous members of the public, & even the odd dog warden, brings to my attention the fact that my dogs might have shit on my land & I didn't feel the need to clean it up.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:19 - 16 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
The senior consort reports that his ex-wife referred to me as "That Woman" today
Laughing

I have to admit, I'm a bit worried about the fact that she has such a malign influence on his life that he says things like :
"I wish I could move to the dark side of the moon..." ;
Me: (but you can)
or
"It's just a matter of flying under the radar"
Me: (I am not prepared to be on the verge of another relationship in which I have to "fly under the radar" again.)

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:55 - 16 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

This always grinds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Andy Perrett This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:43 - 16 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cable Tie wrote:

But cats sh1tting where they want is fine.... Rolling Eyes

my dad used to drive nails through a plank of wood and place them in the garden to help deter cats Mr. Green

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 10:32 - 17 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:
Ste wrote:

My dogs are walked mostly on my own land, land that I own.

There is a public footpath that crosses part of my land. My dogs have my permission to shit & piss anywhere they want to & I grant myself permission to leave it there & not clean it up . . . .

Problems arise when over zealous members of the public, & even the odd dog warden, brings to my attention the fact that my dogs might have shit on my land & I didn't feel the need to clean it up.

So your land is full of shit as well ?.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:13 - 17 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new-ish multi-million pound dual carriageway section east of Milton Keynes is bumpy as hell. I don’t think taxpayers got their money’s worth.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:27 - 17 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
The new-ish multi-million pound dual carriageway section east of Milton Keynes is bumpy as hell. I don’t think taxpayers got their money’s worth.

Which one? The Bedford road?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:48 - 17 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Not sure, I was just passing through. Might have been a section of the A421. Heading east towards the M1.

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:41 - 17 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Laughing
The senior consort reports that his ex-wife referred to me as "That Woman" today
Laughing

I have to admit, I'm a bit worried about the fact that she has such a malign influence on his life that he says things like :
"I wish I could move to the dark side of the moon..." ;
Me: (but you can)
or
"It's just a matter of flying under the radar"
Me: (I am not prepared to be on the verge of another relationship in which I have to "fly under the radar" again.)

At some point in the near future & before it gets too late, you need to sit down & discuss with your wise sage of choice exactly what it is you seek from a relationship.

I get the impression you're attracted to men with attachments. Are you sure you attracted to them & not to their attachments (in denial) ???

Only once in my life did I ever find myself attracted to a girl carrying 'baggage'. Once bitten, twice shy & all that bollox, but the deeper I found myself wound into her web, the deeper her troubles became.

One day you wake up to suddenly realise that it isn't a boy/girl relationship they want. It's emotional turmoil & grief & violence & massive displays of emotions & stand off's with ex's & public slanging matches & anything that feeds their need for negativity in their lives.

If all the partners you end up in a relationship with, all turn out to be b@st#rDs, then you need to sit down, quantify & understand why you are attracted to b@st#rDs.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:55 - 17 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Not sure, I was just passing through. Might have been a section of the A421. Heading east towards the M1.

Ah yes, it is the 421. The section after all the warehouses and new builds before junction 13. It's a vast improvement on the single carridgeway that preceeded it.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:28 - 17 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am definitely not attracted to attachments, dear.

I know what I seek from relationships. I have spoken v.severely to myself about what I should/not be looking for, at this late stage.

So mostly it's stability.
Steady, sturdy, sensible.
Preferally reasonably deviant (of course).

Oddly enough, my first husband was that sort. But I got married very young and realised I had all my living to do and not be stuck in NZ forever.

It's clear to me (now ! ) that I need a sensible down to earth type so that I can continue to be the flighty and bright but darkly sensual and intelligent creature that I perceive myself to be. What I need is for someone who can be the Richard to my iconoclastic and eclectic Hyacinth. Laughing

The senior consort is very much closer to what I need than most of the assortment of ratbags* in the last 30 years or so.
It's a shame I didn't meet him 20 years ago.
Its just that his poxy ex-wife of 40 years lives closer than I do. Brick Wall

I'm less compromising than I used to be.
So I can just walk away. But right now, I don't want to.

That's not to say the bastards* didn't have value: they added colour and experience to my life, mischief that I would probably not otherwise have managed to get into by myself.

*this is what other women like to call them. I prefer the term "ratbags" because for the most part, mine have been likeable idiots rather than nasty calculating shit-heads.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:07 - 17 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Ah yes, it is the 421. The section after all the warehouses and new builds before junction 13. It's a vast improvement on the single carridgeway that preceeded it.

Admittedly I was in the Tiguan which corners well for a tall car but pays the price of lateral stiffness with a tendency for bumps to lean the car over instead of the suspension soaking it up.

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:24 - 17 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I am definitely not attracted to attachments, dear.

I know what I seek from relationships. I have spoken v.severely to myself about what I should/not be looking for, at this late stage.

So mostly it's stability.
Steady, sturdy, sensible.
Preferally reasonably deviant (of course).

Oddly enough, my first husband was that sort. But I got married very young and realised I had all my living to do and not be stuck in NZ forever.

It's clear to me (now ! ) that I need a sensible down to earth type so that I can continue to be the flighty and bright but darkly sensual and intelligent creature that I perceive myself to be. What I need is for someone who can be the Richard to my iconoclastic and eclectic Hyacinth. Laughing

The senior consort is very much closer to what I need than most of the assortment of ratbags* in the last 30 years or so.
It's a shame I didn't meet him 20 years ago.
Its just that his poxy ex-wife of 40 years lives closer than I do. Brick Wall

I'm less compromising than I used to be.
So I can just walk away. But right now, I don't want to.

That's not to say the bastards* didn't have value: they added colour and experience to my life, mischief that I would probably not otherwise have managed to get into by myself.

*this is what other women like to call them. I prefer the term "ratbags" because for the most part, mine have been likeable idiots rather than nasty calculating shit-heads.

Such a pity the rest of the work doesn’t live up the same strasse.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:17 - 18 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

my lush new mountain bike, has fecking presta valves ffs, the tyres are only supposed to be 50psi, it is just stupid

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:45 - 18 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
my lush new mountain bike, has fecking presta valves ffs, the tyres are only supposed to be 50psi, it is just stupid

Does that mean you can't use a standard car tyre compressor?

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:03 - 18 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

People following like sheep the car infront in 'traffic calming measures' (or indeed situations like overtaking a parked bus).

They don't give way and then give you the finger! Twats.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:29 - 18 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weisse Schlange wrote:

Such a pity the rest of the work doesn’t live up the same strasse.

I'm guessing it's probably just as well I have no idea what that means.
Laughing

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:48 - 19 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number 1 son is building a gixer 11 streetfighter, which means I'm building the damn thing.

Then I learn that he has sold a running chassis gixer 11 streetfighter chassis to number 2 son.

Which means I'm building 2 fucking gixer 11 streetfighters.!

That plus number 1 grandson wanting to modify his bandit 600 (nope!)

My winter is now spoken for.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 182 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 175, 176, 177  Next
Page 38 of 177