Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:51 - 19 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Weisse Schlange wrote:

Such a pity the rest of the work doesn’t live up the same strasse.

I'm guessing it's probably just as well I have no idea what that means.
Laughing

Work was meant to be world !

It must have made sense to me at the time but I was at least 1 bottle of red in when I posted it.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:32 - 20 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neighbour taking advantage of my good nature.

I obtained a load of timber last year when the local council replaced the fencing around the council houses, good 4"x1" 7 foot lengths, attached to 3"x2" 6 foot lengths, I stripped them all down to their length and stored in back garden for future use. Next door had an ey on them and asked to use a "few" lengths to make a fence panel between him and myself to replace the cheep panel between us that didn't match the rest of the fencing. Reluctantly I said yes, so he took some lengths (the best quality ones) After he had built it and put it in place he then moaned that I hadn't painted my side and drops hints often,

Anyway, I thought that my timber pile had diminished more than I thought it should have, but just thought It was an optical illusion or I had miscalculated how much I had had, But the other day the neighbour let slip that he had taken enough to make a further TWO panels that went between him and the people on the other side. Now looking at what is left, it's only the crap stuff and I wont have enough to do what I wanted to do with the timber. Feeling a right mug.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:32 - 20 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
Neighbour taking advantage of my good nature.
. Feeling a right mug.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 10:26 - 20 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hot water boiler has packed up.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:45 - 20 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

last time mine did that, it was just the fan sticking. quite an easy fix, just took a squirt of WD40.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:46 - 20 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Buy her flowers and chocolates, admit you were in the wrong (obviously you weren't).

Red light runners, blatant three seconds after red, they don't realise how quick off the line a bike can be.

Leaky kit, sat in work with wet pants and t-shirt, one glove (which I didn't tuck in enough). Luckily it had all dried out enough to repeat the process on the way home.

Getting the fine line of adjustment right on a pinlock visor. You're either leaving a gap and the whole thing mists up, or it's too tight in some places, and then mists up where it contacts the visor.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:52 - 20 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

If the heating is still working then it's the motorised control valve that's borked.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 11:00 - 20 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed it. I think it had got water in through the flue yesterday , causing an ignition lockout. It's now dry so reseting it turned it on again

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:09 - 20 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered a phone upgrade. Started the webchat at 10:30am, completed the order ~6pm Shocked The frontline staff at Vodafone are no better or worse than any other company but their back office systems and IT support are atrocious.

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:38 - 20 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
webchat at 10:30am

Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Andy Perrett This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
Andy Perrett This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 11:57 - 20 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cable Tie wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:
I switched it off and on again, after asking for advice, not before

An IT service desk technician's best fwend. Laughing

I didn't ask for advice. Switching it off and on doesn't reset it anyway.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:58 - 20 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cable Tie wrote:
Easy-X wrote:
webchat

A phone company with no phones?

Indeed the irony. I tried on Friday (on hold for 1 hr) and then yesterday (1/2 hour on hold) before trying the webchat.

Thing is the actual service mobile masts, signal, call quality - the hardware infrastructure - is solid but there's a layer in their billing/CRM system that's seemingly held together by blu-tac Sad

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:21 - 20 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I tried on Friday (on hold for 1 hr) and then yesterday (1/2 hour on hold) before trying the webchat.

Oh, webchat is always my first port of call these days, because I can happily work away on the computer for hours as usual, just keeping a vague eye on the chatbox at the bottom of my right-hand monitor. In comparison, the hours spent on the phone on hold - OMG, don't get me started. The worst times are when they play this shitty muzak at you which you have to listen to with your phone in speaker mode; and you can't zone it out because every minute or two it goes quiet, and you think "Yay!! finally I'm in!" but instead you just get "We are experiencing an exceptionally high volume of calls - your call is important to us, please continue to hold..." and more muzak... Brick Wall

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:27 - 20 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moral of the story is move to a different network rather than wasting hours trying to get in contact with your existing provider with the hope of haggling a good deal. Razz

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:34 - 20 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Moral of the story is move to a different network rather than wasting hours trying to get in contact with your existing provider with the hope of haggling a good deal. Razz

If you can't change you ISP's behaviour then change your ISP.

(Finger hovering over the cancel my energy suppliers button. Kunts.)

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:38 - 20 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV adverts.

Who the fuck are they targeting?

Special Needs?

I opted out of BBC telly and using more Cooncil Freeview.
The price I'm paying for that strategy is now I.must suffer that glaiket talentless kunt with the teeth Rilen in saturation ceech ads. Twisted Evil

I'm now about three ad breaks away from putting a 1/2 brick through the shite pump.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:32 - 20 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Who mentioned haggling? And are you saying there are mobile networks with better service or just a different set of problems?! TBF this is pretty much the only problem I have with Vodafone albeit a perennial issue. I think I had trouble getting WiFi Calling going on the Note 8 but I literally got the phone on UK release day so a bit much to expect everything to work.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:47 - 21 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking of selling the Fazer Sad
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:05 - 21 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

This afternoon, the esteemed daughter came up with a hare-brained scheme about me going to Australia for Christmas. Wub

Which IN PRINCIPLE sounds like a great idea, especially as they are slowly coming out of lockdown (but not as slowly as NZ), and we are heading towards a crummy cold dark UK Christmas full of doom and gloom.

Luckily, my mother who is suffering level 3 lockdown in as dignified a fashion as she can muster, has at least talked me out of making it a two-nation trip. I spent most of the afternoon tearing my hair out in consideration and planning of the extreme logistical nightmare that particular plan would instigate.

Now I just have to talk my daughter out of it.
But I REALLY REALLY want to go. To Australia, at least.
And I have a rollover NHS holiday allowance to use up before end of March Shocked

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:46 - 21 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Thinking of selling the Fazer Sad

That's a shit idea you've got two kidneys, if money is tight surely that's a better option?
Andy Perrett This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 159 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
Page 39 of 176