Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What was the last thing you bought?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 382, 383, 384 ... 460, 461, 462  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:12 - 14 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
hellkat wrote:
Thinkin' about some of those meself, as it goes Thinking

I have nothing to prove to anyone any more by being 'ard.
Proved it to myself, that's what matters.
Wink Thumbs Up

Just get muffs.

Tried 'em, years ago. Wasn't a fan of feeling like my hands were trapped in them. Same with the big plastic hand defenders on trailies. Just not my thing.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:38 - 14 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

More and more and more kayaking stuff, in fact twice as much as I need because half of it is for nobby's kid.

https://i.imgur.com/TWHLEYC.png

https://i.imgur.com/WXxxgjl.png

It might sound like I'm being nice and helping him because nobby and mrs nobby don't know what to buy or where to buy from but it's nothing like that, I just can't be arsed to have to deal with child who has hypothermia and this is the easiest way of avoiding that. Laughing Plus there are many child welfare things which are a general headache / hassle / stupidity so we don't want hypothermia added to the list. Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:05 - 22 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna treat the XSR to a new battery. All through this year it's been perfectly fine but just in the last couple of weeks I've had to break out the charger & jump starter more often. Currently the factory battery, >5yo I think it's had a fair innings.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:11 - 22 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

a couple of hippy books for the wench. shes into yoga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:47 - 22 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
shes into yoga.

https://media.giphy.com/media/13vPE0A3DPqOcg/giphy-downsized-large.gif

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:39 - 22 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Likes games eh?
I bet she does, I bet she does.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:11 - 23 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its three days before payday and I've gone and had a bit of a binge on some clothes.

Arrow Two jackets (one in blue "reptile pattern" Shocked and one of those ripped* things in black denim with a raggy hem and black pearl buttons)
Arrow A pair of navy "snake effect" skinny-leg trousers.
Arrow And a crop jumper in herringbone with black cuffs.
Bloody TK Maxx - I never used to fit into their stuff. Now I've discovered I do. I've not even *started* on Monsoon, yet.

Oh yeah, and a pair of pink tassel earrings. I wasn't going to buy them, but I needed £3.99 to get to the £75 so I could get free shipping, and they were only £5.99 Shifty

Possibly it was the suggestion that they would be perfect to tart up a "little black dress" (of which I have quite a few in different styles), but yes ... they're right! They would tart up most of my LBDs quite well, it was an investment in six quid.

And free delivery.
Bargain!

*I really disapprove of this fashion for ripped things. I can't get my head around it. But I liked the pearl buttons on this one. So I pretended not to notice the ripped hem of the denim jacket when I was waving my credit card at the screen. Shifty

Edit 1/11: I am extremely annoyed with myself, in that only the earrings fit me at present Laughing ... I forgot that TK Maxx generally caters for skinny types, which is why all the eastern europeans shop there. It will take a considerable amount of effort for me to diet down into the jackets, and possibly even exercise, as my bingo wings are the only thing stopping them from fitting Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing My next spending spree may well be on a nip and tuck op on the saggy bits that this diet has produced.

Meantime, better get back ON the diet, as yesterday I spent a ridiculous amount of money on cakes in M&S, comfort eating after my horrid anaphylactic attack Laughing

Last edited by hellkat on 20:19 - 01 Nov 2021; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:10 - 23 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't, but yesterday my better half went to the garden centre and spent £280 on not a lot. Robbing, thieving bastards preying on the gullibility of persons desperate for retail therapy.

...and now she wants to paint perfectly good terracotta pots gloss black!!!

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:20 - 23 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
I didn't, but yesterday my better half went to the garden centre and spent £280 on not a lot. Robbing, thieving bastards preying on the gullibility of persons desperate for retail therapy.

never ever go to a garden centre with a coffee shop, especilly if it sells clothes and gifts

the draughty sheds, and poly tunnels, tacked onto a farm shop maybe, are the best ones, better value and more importantly they actually sell plants Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:59 - 23 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit, the coffee-shop thing is just a bonus so far as I am concerned. I really do go for the plants, and try not to leave with assorted extra things. Luckily my closest garden centre is in a B&Q so for the most part I am not interested in ironmongery or paint. I take the occasional jaunt around the lighting section, but mostly I head for the plants.

Having said that, the senior consort has a loyalty card to his garden centre/coffee shop, and it does make the coffee and buns experience a lot cheaper (as if neither of us can afford it Rolling Eyes ) - I can see him making a habit of taking me for coffee there of a weekend. But I don't mind, as there are several roses out the back which I would like to take home with me next time I am down there. I made a point of sniffing them to make sure they were scented. It's all very well having roses that look beautiful, but the smell is all part of the pleasure for me. I've taken photos of the ones I want Wink

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:31 - 23 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Diggs: If she's going to go down the "black everything" route, tell her I have some nice little plaster gravestones that slowly disintegrate after several weeks of watering and look very effective tucked into the side of potplants, giving it a spooky look Laughing

I've had them in some indoor plants for a while now, and although they crumble away, they look better when they are scuzzy, and they don't seem to affect the plants either. I suppose there are some that don't like the soil too limey which wouldn't do too well with plaster leaking down into the soil, but for the most part, they look awesome. Cool Thumbs Up

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:03 - 25 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my new phone this morning and gone through the usual trauma of trying to transfer everything over. From a Note 10 to a Flip 3 you'd think it'd be flawless, I pity the muggles Wink

As to the phone let's just say I wouldn't buy one with my own money but as it's a "gift" from the company expense account I can't get too upset. Side mounted finger print reader seems to be much more reliable so far even if it is technically a step back from an ultrasonic under-screen reader. Left or right handed a finger or thumb seems to naturally sit on the sensor. Form factor is a few millimetres longer and a few millimetres narrower than my old Note 10+ which is more of an improvement than one might expect. Thickness is pretty much identical.

But the "star of the show" the foldy bit? It's obviously there and it'd probably annoy the hell out of the OCD ppl but in practice it's easily forgotten. Light at certain angels catching the crease is more obvious than the physicality the the design. It doesn't really open and close quickly - none of the savoir fair of flipping open an old Razr - but it's definitely a very bizarre object once folded given the world has got used to great slabs of phones.

The exterior screen takes a lead from watch designs but I'm sure it's meant to do more than just tell the time Thinking

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:00 - 01 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

1,300 lumens of bicycle light for me, 500 lumens of bicycle light for Nobby's Noblet.

Hope they arrive tomorrow. Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:12 - 01 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A birth certificate to prove I am Anita's mother Rolling Eyes

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:12 - 01 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Western Digital BLACK™ SN850 NVMe™ 1TB SSD

On offer, stupidly cheap and really silly fast - Forza 5 cometh and it needed a new home Smile

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:41 - 02 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:

On offer, stupidly cheap and really silly fast - Forza 5 cometh and it needed a new home Smile

We use the exact same drives in our workstations, very good!

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:53 - 02 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:

I just bought the WD SN550, seems good so far.
Also bought a Ryzen 5 5600X because my 2600 randomly died. The price of CPU's now is shocking. Even the 2600 is £50 more than I paid over 3 years ago. First time I've ever had a CPU die on me though.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:41 - 02 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I bought a ryzen 7 1700x about 18 months bsck and it's just not worth upgrading yet.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:24 - 05 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

New cooker is ordered.
Old one is over 30 years old and bits are starting to fall off.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:56 - 05 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

My free Samsung Watch turned up (an offer with a phone upgrade) and I'm quite pleased with it. The LTE versions are being pushed heavily (with their own monthly data contract!) whereas this bottom rung one is only WiFi and Bluetooth. How quaint Smile

Even so it has the usually step counter and heart rate monitor but on top of that it also does blood pressure (after calibration) ECG, body composition, blood oxygen level (when sleeping) and... "stress" Thinking Oh, and it also tells the time! Most useful is the Samsung Pay feature which saves me fishing out my phone or (hopefully) even taking off my motorcycle gloves Smile

Overall I like that these things now look like watches Smile

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:29 - 06 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

"stress" ... how does it measure that?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:36 - 06 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It measures how many times you swear and how hard your button presses are.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:45 - 06 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
It measures how many times you swear and how hard your button presses are.

Nah. It measures how hard you punch things.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:37 - 06 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my nails done
So that was nice. Mr. Green Thumbs Up

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:22 - 07 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

These, keep me busy over the coming weeks.

https://i.imgur.com/JculFUQ.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 164 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 382, 383, 384 ... 460, 461, 462  Next
Page 383 of 462