Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:43 - 24 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Ste wrote:
Saturday morning, that's a paddlin' swimmin'.

Laughing Laughing

List of MPs who voted to allow raw sewage to be dumped into rivers

https://evolvepolitics.com/heres-a-list-of-every-mp-who-just-voted-to-allow-water-companies-to-continue-dumping-raw-sewage-in-our-rivers/

Gears oiled by having curry for breakfast.

The raw sewage is a thing.
There are very few facilities capable of treating all sewage properly.
The bastirts collect the cash for it and a not often prosecuted for not treating 100% of water they handle.
The problem is the Victorian sewerage systems are only added to and not re-modelled downstream to suit modern needs.

A lot of what treatment plants get is gulley water that could divert straight to water courses but some areas it gets into the sewers.

The treatment plants can't handle the rainwater bulked out flow.

Complex issues.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:44 - 25 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the grumpy entitled man united fans at work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:08 - 26 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just last week, Nobby the Bastard wrote:
And that's the last Wednesday paddling of the year so I can get back to the serious business of drinking on my Wednesdays rather than having to ferry ste and no. 2 son there and back.

So today we'll need to leave your place at 1730 and collecting after at about 1915.

Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:26 - 26 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today my gears are oiled because it is Techno Tuesday on Radio 6 and Mary Anne Hobbs chooses some awesome music Wub

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:42 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Just last week, Nobby the Bastard wrote:
And that's the last Wednesday paddling of the year so I can get back to the serious business of drinking on my Wednesdays rather than having to ferry ste and no. 2 son there and back.

So today we'll need to leave your place at 1730 and collecting after at about 1915.

Laughing

So ... do Nobby's kids have to call you "Uncle Ste" or something? Thinking

Or are you just "that mad friend* of Dad's who's quite cool but we'd never admit it".

*(we've all got one Laughing )

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:43 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little of Column a little of column b....

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:05 - 30 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
So ... do Nobby's kids have to call you "Uncle Ste" or something? Thinking

Meh. It's more like "oi dickhead" or something like that.

We do end up having to spend quite a bit of time telling people at kayaking that we're not related. Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:37 - 30 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was going through some more stuff of the deceased Italian husband and I found a cheque for a dividend payment on some Barclays shares.
But I don't know if he cashed them in (cos he was always skint).
Fortunately, they have a bereavement section that I can sort it all out with.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:30 - 30 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The little bastard no longer needs stabilisers.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:48 - 30 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

wish i could ditch the seroxat me sen, i must admit

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:02 - 30 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/QJTxwJF.jpg

Dance!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:50 - 30 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
The little bastard no longer needs stabilisers.

Yeah, you shouldn't at your age Razz
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:06 - 30 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:

Is it like many drugs where tolerance over time increases? <<<Should ask a friend because he was taking anti-depressants and against advice he stopped taking them.

[edit] I'm gonna phone him...

1 moment your call is important to us

<Napalm Death hold music>

Just spoken with him. Worth noting that Andy is hmmm different (in a lovely way) so maybe not a typical example.Plus I don't know what you're taking seroxat for.

He can't recall the name of the drug (it had an x in the name .... Rolling Eyes ) and was on it for 7 years. Over that period he would ask the doc for stronger dosages as his depression wasn't diminishing.

Said when he was running low on tablets that he had a similar feeling to someone who 'knew' it was time to have a cigarette. A small nagging calling.

He's self-employed and work drops off in winter so that was the decision to stop taking them (cost of the scripts) but mainly it was a realisation that ultimately depression is a part of life (for him) and he could manage it by doing the things that eased that heaviness away, but sometimes still feels too low to help himself.
Mentioned that when he's in the dumps he knows it doesn't last.

He's got into a routine of getting out and into nature (a thing he loves) and feels the power of it, the (insert adjectives here) and it reflects back at him. He's also (you may have guessed) a highly creative man and said if he's working on a piece/Drawing/Song that distraction sometimes helps.

I don't 'suffer' from depression but like everyone do have dark/grumpy feelings for no apparent reason. Similar to Andy I know it'll pass and if I can be arsed I know what needs doing to alleviate those feelings.

Told me to say hello and hopes you work something out.
I do too because you're alright you are. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:33 - 30 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

The raw sewage is a thing.
There are very few facilities capable of treating all sewage properly.
The bastirts collect the cash for it and a not often prosecuted for not treating 100% of water they handle.
The problem is the Victorian sewerage systems are only added to and not re-modelled downstream to suit modern needs.

A lot of what treatment plants get is gulley water that could divert straight to water courses but some areas it gets into the sewers.

The treatment plants can't handle the rainwater bulked out flow.

Complex issues.

I agree, I have a basic gist of how it works. Surprised that all the new housing estates that are springing up around here are using almost the same sewage system created locally about 130 years ago.
No new reservoirs or dredging either (maybe they vastly over provisioned).

Locally United Utilities have made a few improvements plus built some holding tanks for storm water.
Still have un-treated sewage entering the local water courses. Nothing like in other parts of the country but enough that on my travels I see and smell when they are discharging.

Needs more dosh to make it better.
Personally feel clean water courses are critical.

Bunch of people voting how they did isn't helping matters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:13 - 30 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

Well, you're gonna be paying a lot more in taxes now, so they got that much right Rolling Eyes
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:35 - 01 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

One week ago, Ste wrote:
Two weeks ago, Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Laughing

You're being a taxi driver again tomorrow.

At some point your Noblet and I will start going on Mondays and Wednesdays as well. Mr. Green

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 23:42 - 01 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Howling Terror wrote:

Well, you're gonna be paying a lot more in taxes now, so they got that much right Rolling Eyes

Meh.such is life. I can afford it.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:56 - 01 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kierkegaard wrote:
Out of love for mankind, and out of despair at my embarrassing situation, seeing that I had accomplished nothing and was unable to make anything easier than it had already been made, and moved by a genuine interest in those who make everything easy, I conceived it as my task to create difficulties everywhere.

For some reason this quote really resonates with me Smile

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:18 - 02 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heated seats. Heated rear AND front screen.

For all the things i dislike about the Fiesta ST this is one of the things I love.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:01 - 02 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
Heated seats. Heated rear AND front screen.

For all the things i dislike about the Fiesta ST this is one of the things I love.

Heated front screen is awsome, I have it on my Jag. I can only presume they aren't cheap otherwise why they aren't on all cars is a mystery.

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:24 - 02 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Heated front screen is awsome, I have it on my Jag. I can only presume they aren't cheap otherwise why they aren't on all cars is a mystery.

I would love an electric defrosted windscreen on my car, but the ones I have driven I couldn't stop looking at the lines- plus you have to be careful not to scratch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:58 - 02 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ford, and by extension Jaguar/Land Rover have some kind of patent on it that they won't allow other companies to use, well maybe if the licence fee was paid, so yes, expensive for other brands.

I had one on a Mondeo ST220, it was brilliant on the passenger side, but the elements must have broken as the drivers side stayed frosted Laughing

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:35 - 02 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont notice the lines anymore and they're really only noticeable in bright sun.

Once you've had one and sat for 90 seconds whilst it defrosts you'd never want cold fingers again Smile

Stops the blades from welding to the screen as well!

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 02 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

My daughter winning a small fight against the mighty tax avoiding exploitative muti-trillion dollar mega-corp apple.

Mac book seven days out of the one year warranty packed up, they refused to fix free of charge. Wanted to charge £569.

Invoked the consumer rights act magic words and they still refused.
Claimed there was physical damage to the computer, glad I'd told her to take photos of it before handing it over.

Asked for evidence of damage, and for address of where to issue a money claim/small claims court letter before action, and they gave her some random head office address.

She got a phone call about 30 mins later relaying the message they'd changed their mind and would fix under CRA. I'm presuming legal told retail to FRO.

The hoops these twats make you jump through, hoping you'll just cough up or go away.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:22 - 02 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:

My top tip for doing that is to wean yourself off really, really gradually (slower than advised necessary by the GP). I've been on the stuff for three or four spells over my life and experienced difficulty with getting off off it... last time I came off I was taking 100 mg/day; I halved that dose for 12 months (probably longer than necessary!), then halved it again for another 2 months, and finally took that dose on alternate days for another 2 months before kicking it completely, 2 years ago, without any ill effects.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 169 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 23 of 103