Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:08 - 22 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
Knowing that I need 48 planks of wood, knowing that I had over 100 planks, then knowing that the neighbour took 60 planks (instead of the 20 I thought he was going to take) plus he took the best 60 planks leaving me with 40 knackered planks that will not do the job I wanted to do with them. What is even worse is he is a nice guy, just taken liberties beyond the pale and I can't get the [planks back and I can't say how pissed off I am. Well I'm going to have to get my sarcasm book out. Bastard..

Well at least he didn't take your wife. Oh wait a minute....

TaffyTDM
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 06:25 - 22 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
The "adventures" of motorcycling, eh?

That's exactly the sort of experience we think we don't want with this bike-riding thing. But its the sort that sticks in your mind for ages, and you never forget that you felt forsaken out there, and thought you would never get home.

But then when you do ...
That's the best feeling. It's one of those "aaaaah" moments and you get a warm sensation of "Fucking hell, I made it back!"

Great description. I could really feel the angst of that wet darkness.
Cool

Not sure of the warm sensation. My socks are still drying out Shocked

To grind gears further, turns out the battery wasn't it, the stator is goosed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:49 - 22 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
The "adventures" of motorcycling, eh?

That's exactly the sort of experience we think we don't want with this bike-riding thing. But its the sort that sticks in your mind for ages, and you never forget that you felt forsaken out there, and thought you would never get home.

But then when you do ...
That's the best feeling. It's one of those "aaaaah" moments and you get a warm sensation of "Fucking hell, I made it back!"

Great description. I could really feel the angst of that wet darkness.
Cool

Some rides should come with a Ride of the Valkyrie soundtrack. Helmets should be fitted with a special chip to play the MP3 in the appropriate conditions.

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:46 - 22 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I've been working too bloody hard lately.
And I can tell you now, I Do Not Like It.

I've always loved working, I love the buzz when it's going right, and I even quite like having to work out how to solve fuck-ups (most of the time). I like a bit of a challenge Laughing

But for the first time in ages (literally decades) I am starting to feel like I don't want to keep working like this all the time.
But I can't stop, cos people want/need/rely upon.
Most frustrating.

I really need to take a little breather.
I am not irreplaceable. Need to remind myself of that.
I was waiting for 5pm yesterday so I could put my out of office message on, it was delicious moment, leaving all the current crap for a week. I still did some stuff for another hour or so because it will ease my return, but only for my benefit

I even cancelled some work in the morning because a developer didn't answer three repeated emails spread over 6 weeks with information I needed. They bloody answered that one at 4:45pm though, demanding to know what was going on. My last reply before the out of office went on was they need to answer enquiries when they are made and if they didn't like it they should complain to my overseers.

Their next email will have to be dealt with by my boss's boss (my actual boss has gone and will not to be replaced to save money).

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:11 - 22 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood 4 pint milk split in my bag for bloody life. What a pain in the arse.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:49 - 22 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
That is a very stupid place to have a letterbox. Laughing Laughing

In the 11 years I've been living here, Richard is the first person to have missed it.

What about the person who's left a package on your doorstep in the photos then - was that the second? Wink

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:49 - 22 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

yen_powell wrote:
I even cancelled some work in the morning because a developer didn't answer three repeated emails spread over 6 weeks with information I needed. They bloody answered that one at 4:45pm though, demanding to know what was going on. My last reply before the out of office went on was they need to answer enquiries when they are made and if they didn't like it they should complain to my overseers.

I sympathise. We have an unwritten policy that if it takes X weeks for someone to reply you have up to X weeks to respond to them Smile UberEats are terrible for this, >6 months to get a developer account set up Sad

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:49 - 22 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kunts in Kommunikation Kumpanies.

I bought a 5 euro ticket to access wifi on flight last week. (Heapest option, Let's you check email and chat messages.)
The email that confirmed the purchase had instructions to connect to the on board wifi.
Well they didn't work.
And every kunt was asleep and I was too tired to be arsed asking cabin folk at 3am.. Like a prick...
So I asked the lassie when she brought the breakie.
The instruction she advised was completely different from the email.
By that time we would be landing and I could use the airport wifi FOC.
I emailed Telekom.de to ask for a refund.
Twice I've emailed the Kraut Kunts now and they continue to ignore me.
I'm pissed off now as I'm running out of ways to escalate this without invading the Faderland again and glassing some kunt.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:01 - 22 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:

What about the person who's left a package on your doorstep in the photos then - was that the second? Wink

That was the package Richard didn't deliver. He took a picture of not delivering it.

He found it today.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:45 - 23 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote a full on rant and lost it all.

I'm really going to punch someone soon.

I hate Scousers, they should all be stabbed or put in a football stadium and made to crush each other Scouse thieving bastards,

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:53 - 23 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://78.media.tumblr.com/b4d862cb40b989c4816e123d7c623c40/tumblr_p1mzq6Wft61vkzuj9o1_250.gif

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:34 - 23 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:

I hate Scousers, they should all be stabbed or put in a football stadium and made to crush each other Scouse thieving bastards,

have met a couple of very strange ones in my time. definitely wouldnt trust them.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:59 - 23 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
Skudd wrote:

have met a couple of very strange ones in my time. definitely wouldnt trust them.

They are a bit of a weird bunch. I did my 2nds at John Moores uni and never really got on whereas my time in Newcastle (South Shields) was an absolute hoot and the geordies a real laugh, once I could understand what they were saying.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:55 - 24 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
I wrote a full on rant and lost it all.

I'm really going to punch someone soon.

Ay, ay, calm down!

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 12:29 - 24 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from the fact that the US has them as well, but not just to the same scale.

https://comstruc.com/prefab-medical-buildings-for-military-hospitals/
Andy Perrett This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Off Topic). Unhide this post / all posts.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:01 - 24 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
........... Scouse thieving bastards,

Are we to infer from this that a scouser may be implicated in Skudds loss of a wife? Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:55 - 24 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

See gear-oiling thread Rolling Eyes

I had to put a lid on the nostalgia-ravine by sitting down and having a joint.
I'll go back down it another day (when all the remains of my daughter's photos have dried out )

Got to do it. If I decide to go to Aus for Christmas, I may as well haul all this old stuff of hers/her father's with me Rolling Eyes
It's her time to curate it, not mine. I've done my bit.
I can throw out a few bits of paperwork into the shredder, etc., irrelevant stuff, but I can't throw away old curled photos that are stuck together, that's her history not mine.

God its a bittersweet little project Rolling Eyes

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:03 - 24 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The snails et the entirety of the paper inside her first NZ passport Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
They just left the covers Sad

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:00 - 24 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Box it all up and just send it snailfreight.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:37 - 24 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
See gear-oiling thread Rolling Eyes

I had to put a lid on the nostalgia-ravine by sitting down and having a joint.
I'll go back down it another day (when all the remains of my daughter's photos have dried out )

Got to do it. If I decide to go to Aus for Christmas, I may as well haul all this old stuff of hers/her father's with me Rolling Eyes
It's her time to curate it, not mine. I've done my bit.
I can throw out a few bits of paperwork into the shredder, etc., irrelevant stuff, but I can't throw away old curled photos that are stuck together, that's her history not mine.

God its a bittersweet little project Rolling Eyes

You know you can wash photos (proper ones taken with a film camera)? Like put them in a sink of clean cold water, swoosh them about for a couple of minutes then hang them up to dry on a little clip. They come with a slight curve because the automatic developer machines dry them on a heated stainless steel roller after developing.
Andy Perrett This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:06 - 25 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

You know you can wash photos (proper ones taken with a film camera)? Like put them in a sink of clean cold water, swoosh them about for a couple of minutes then hang them up to dry on a little clip. They come with a slight curve because the automatic developer machines dry them on a heated stainless steel roller after developing.

Thinking
I might just give that a try, thank you sweetie Wub

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:20 - 25 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eyetie shrink has succumbed to Covid, so now all his patients' appointments are going to be backing-up and/or they will be desperate for their medications and will be pestering me at close range until he is better.
Which is unknown Sad

He says it has KOd him, it's much worse than he expected, and that he can barely stand.

Crikey Shocked
Better pull me socks up.
I'll have to actually do some work for a change Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:26 - 25 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
The Eyetie shrink has succumbed to Covid, so now all his patients' appointments are going to be backing-up and/or they will be desperate for their medications and will be pestering me at close range until he is better.
Which is unknown Sad

He says it has KOd him, it's much worse than he expected, and that he can barely stand.

Crikey Shocked
Better pull me socks up.
I'll have to actually do some work for a change Laughing

I could step in, ive years of experience with the genuinely mentally ill as well, not freakin sports personalities who've had a bad weekend on their xbox or somesuch. Im particularly good with people who've slipped their antipsychotic meds, plus im a lot cheaper than an Italian import. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 154 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
Page 41 of 176