Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Car mobile phone mount that is secure?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:47 - 04 Nov 2021    Post subject: Car mobile phone mount that is secure? Reply with quote

Can anyone recommend a phone holder for a car dash or windscreen that actually stays securely fixed in place and is much cheapness.

I bought one from The Range but the damn thing just falls off the window or the dash. It has some sticky stuff nonsense which just doesn't actually stick and the supposed suction cup clearly doesn't pull enough suction unless on an absolutely flat surface.

Cheers.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:53 - 04 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite simply, I don't think a good-quality, low-cost screen mount exists.

This is what I am getting for in the car after the £20 Belkin one that I got has started to constantly fall off the windscreen in my car:

https://www.quadlockcase.co.uk/collections/shop-mounts/products/quad-lock-car-mount

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:07 - 04 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or replace the sticky pad with a decent quality 3M EHB double sided pad and thoroughly clean/degrease the surfaces before you stick it down...

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:08 - 04 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
Quite simply, I don't think a good-quality, low-cost screen mount exists.

This is what I am getting for in the car after the £20 Belkin one that I got has started to constantly fall off the windscreen in my car:

https://www.quadlockcase.co.uk/collections/shop-mounts/products/quad-lock-car-mount

Looks like a good phone to holder mount but do you know if the suction cup works as well?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:10 - 04 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Or replace the sticky pad with a decent quality 3M EHB double sided pad and thoroughly clean/degrease the surfaces before you stick it down...

That's a good idea and reminded me i have some of that 3m velcro type stuff. Just have to find out where ive stashed it though Laughing

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:04 - 04 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a magnetic air vent mount that is solid, it stays in place and it is easy to remove the phone from. You need a phone case with a metal plate in it, but it works very well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:35 - 04 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super glue your phone directly to the windscreen Shocked Thumbs Up

Once again the sage that is Pepperami provides the wisdom to solve the problem Thumbs Up .
You’re welcome Smile

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:10 - 04 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
Super glue your phone directly to the windscreen Shocked Thumbs Up

Once again the sage that is Pepperami provides the wisdom to solve the problem Thumbs Up .
You’re welcome Smile

Too much hassle taking the windscreen out to do the job.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:12 - 04 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
I have a magnetic air vent mount that is solid, it stays in place and it is easy to remove the phone from. You need a phone case with a metal plate in it, but it works very well.

Ive looked at those ones but they screw up the magnetometer in the phone.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:41 - 04 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
MarJay wrote:

Ive looked at those ones but they screw up the magnetometer in the phone.

The who?

My phone functions exactly the same when it's on the mount as when it's not. Either way you could still get a mechanical mount that fits to the air vent if you were worried.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:35 - 04 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ram should have wot u want.

If you don't value the worth of the device you're holding then the pound shop will suffice.

The better tools use a flat disc of prastic that you stick to the dash using its VHB tape/similar sized disc.
Then the tool's sucker has something suitable to sook onto.

Some surfaces may be flat but a little porous so air facks up the sucker's vaccum.

(VHB can be removed using a hair drier/heat gun to soften the adhesive.)

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:00 - 04 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this on my dash. The 3M pad is stuck solid.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07XDYPG1V
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:09 - 04 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The device itself is well designed amd has wireless charging so im thinking hack off the sucker bit then fabricate a pad out of foamex and 3m it to the dash, either with 3m sticky pad or the 3m hook+eye pads.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:40 - 04 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve got a £5 Halfords One Touch Universal Car Mount Holder which seems good although I don’t leave it on the windscreen all the time. I’ve also had it stuck on the music player’s 7” screen which allows a short and tidy connection to the 12v socket.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 145 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1