Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:36 - 13 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poita wrote:

Here endeth etc etc.

Oh if only............

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 22:20 - 13 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made it to 4 pages without invoking Godwin, don't think it's going to get much further.

I wouldn't call it a generational thing. I've been watching the same argument happen for 20 years on this forum, so that's at least two generations of the internet equivalent of short man syndrome kicking in. This forum just attracts (and retains) cunts.

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 01:12 - 14 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poita wrote:

So in your world, letting people shit on you and not calling them out on it means you are a calm person and standing up for your self and calling people out when they shit on you is a pathological condition?

The problem you, and many people, make, is that you put emotions into distinct categories where some emotions are good and other emotions are bad.
There is no bad emotion, only bad context and proportion.
Let me give you an example.
I happen to be a conservative (not a Tory supporter though as they are diks). And I think Corbyn is an anti semitic, England hating scum bag with evil Marxist philosophy that he wanted to destroy the nation with. In short, I despise the man and everything he stands for.
However, when I saw a protestor slam an egg into the side of his head year or so I felt nothing but rage and wanted that guy to be arrested, tried, convicted and imprisoned for at least two years.
While others saw a comedic act, I saw clearly that the guy used the egg to put a comedic layer over what was actually a violent assault as the heel of his hand slammed into Corbyn's temple. The idea being that people would talk about the egg hitting Corbyn's head and not the hand. And not only did the guy commit a violent assault, he did so on an elderly gentleman and also as an act of violent political intimidation.
My point being that my rage at this was not due to self centred matters. It was about the principle of the matter despite it happening to someone I disagree with and despise.
A person's 'feeling' about something should be proportionate to the thing regardless of whether it is happening to you or a stranger or someone you like or dislike.

So back to your armchair psychology. I object to someone insulting someone needlessly whether that is me or a stranger. The emotion generated is proportionate to the infraction. An insult generating so much emotion and an assault generating more etc.

So I reject your simplistic and frankly silly characterisation that 'if someone has an emotional reaction to them there is something wrong with them'.
In fact, you feel irritation so you took time to write your glib response. So you add hypocrisy on top of ignorance.

Here endeth etc etc.

https://i.ibb.co/92q14m8/giphy.gif

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 21:41 - 14 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A conservative who, ironically enough, should have been an abortion.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:54 - 23 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poita wrote:
I'm taking you all on and wiping the floor with the lot of you.

Can you also wipe visors in the rain?
That would be a great product.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 62 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4