Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What was the last thing you bought?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 386, 387, 388 ... 459, 460, 461  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:52 - 26 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:

Not a Huron It's a TOS FN22 - a clone of a deckel FP1.

ah nice! I always liked the Y axis travel on the huron being twice the depth of the bed so if you got clever with clamping and supporting you could work 'over capacity'. that horizontal AND vertical spindle setup does look damn useful though.
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ZebraDriver
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:33 - 26 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some nice work on your machines there Pete. You would probably like my workshop. Elliot universal mill with vertical head attachment, Arboga pillar drill, Ajax hacksaw and a Viceroy lathe.

I like having machines that don't struggle to do the job

Martin

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:29 - 26 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this the other day, looking for a WiFi access point:

https://www.scan.co.uk/images/products/super/3052852-l-a.jpg

PoE powered and built into a single-gang face plate, rather neat Smile

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:00 - 27 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZebraDriver wrote:
Some nice work on your machines there Pete. You would probably like my workshop. Elliot universal mill with vertical head attachment, Arboga pillar drill, Ajax hacksaw and a Viceroy lathe.

I like having machines that don't struggle to do the job

Martin

I had a Viceroy lathe - a 280 Synchro. Sold it and bought a Monarch 10EE. A fantastic lathe that I will never sell. Now I have a hardinge HLV which is 90% restored and will probably be finished over the Christmas break.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:04 - 27 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthur

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:36 - 27 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob W wrote:
Arthur

More a set of ears with a dog attached Laughing

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:38 - 27 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where to begin.... Black Friday has seen me blasting through money on all sorts of shit.
PS5 games, numerous aftershaves, a Lenovo tablet, 128gb memory card for said tablet, phone holder for the car,
bucket seat style office chair, blu-ray movies, playstation plus subscription top up. Now I'm off out on the
lash to turn some more money into urine.

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:40 - 27 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Rob W wrote:
Arthur

More a set of ears with a dog attached Laughing

Laughing

We lost our last Frenchie 6 months ago, and he left a massive void that we're hoping this little guy can fill.

Can't wait for Tuesday afternoon now Very Happy

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:27 - 27 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I don't know where to begin.... Black Friday has seen me blasting through money on all sorts of shit.
PS5 games, numerous aftershaves, a Lenovo tablet, 128gb memory card for said tablet, phone holder for the car,
bucket seat style office chair, blu-ray movies, playstation plus subscription top up. Now I'm off out on the
lash to turn some more money into urine.

Not just me then! I've gone a bit nuts buying tools: for some reason I've always hankered after a T-handled screwdriver - probably seeing one on a YouTube video - an impact driver, a set of dead blow hammers... probably some other stuff Rolling Eyes

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:39 - 28 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

bolt cutters

I dont take things to the tip, I dismantle them in my garden and reuse what I can and what I cant i break up and feed into wheelie bin, just broke up a sofa I had for 20 years, that cost me £2 at an auction, so yesterday I used these to chomp through all sofa springs so they'd take up no room in the bin

the foam I binned, the material I cut up for rags cleaning my bike, the fleecey stuff I made cloche for plants, the wood I used down my allotment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:45 - 28 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

What have I tried to buy Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil .

I tried to buy one of those four wheeled garden trolleys/trucks from Amazon.
Fkin a-holes told sent me an e-mail telling me they tried to deliver but got no reply????
Lying barstewards , I waited in all day Friday, waiting for the delivery and it didn’t happen.

Now they’ve sent me an e-mail saying there’s a supply issue and have cancelled my order and refund me in 5-to-7 days.

W*nkers! Middle Finger Middle Finger

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:16 - 28 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
bolt cutters

I dont take things to the tip, I dismantle them in my garden and reuse what I can and what I cant i break up and feed into wheelie bin, just broke up a sofa I had for 20 years, that cost me £2 at an auction, so yesterday I used these to chomp through all sofa springs so they'd take up no room in the bin

the foam I binned, the material I cut up for rags cleaning my bike, the fleecey stuff I made cloche for plants, the wood I used down my allotment

Proper recycling Thumbs Up

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:29 - 28 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
What have I tried to buy Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil .

I tried to buy one of those four wheeled garden trolleys/trucks from Amazon.
Fkin a-holes told sent me an e-mail telling me they tried to deliver but got no reply????
Lying barstewards , I waited in all day Friday, waiting for the delivery and it didn’t happen.

Now they’ve sent me an e-mail saying there’s a supply issue and have cancelled my order and refund me in 5-to-7 days.

W*nkers! Middle Finger Middle Finger

I've had a coiuple of things like that happen with black friday offers from Amazon. I suspect just a few at cheap price to lure you in and then hope you buy something else.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:43 - 28 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last weekend I bought one of them bulb-planting things, like a trowel with a hole ...? I dunno what they are called.

And I bought some bulbs to go with it, obvs.
And this morning I just finished planting them out before it got too cold again. Laughing

So now in the springtime I will have something to see out of my kitchen window : narcissi, snowdrops and red irises.

Domesticated hellkat Cool

*also I forgot, that I bought also some other sort of bulbs can't remember what, from online - but they haven't arrived yet. Not sure where I'm going to put those Thinking but I'll find somewhere.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:24 - 29 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Android Auto double din unit. Under seat sub. Dash conversion harness. New fascia.

And the unmentioned key to all of this ... a very short usb to usbc new cable.

Instaohoneheadunit reboot solved

Given the car a whole new lease of life as that was the one thing that dated it.

That's recycling.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:38 - 29 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

More and more kayaking stuff for me and for nobbys' noblet.

Dance!

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:12 - 29 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
Android Auto double din unit. Under seat sub. Dash conversion harness. New fascia.

And the unmentioned key to all of this ... a very short usb to usbc new cable.

Instaohoneheadunit reboot solved

Given the car a whole new lease of life as that was the one thing that dated it.

That's recycling.

Did the same to my van last year with a full Kenwood upgrade, CD H/U including hands free kit and DAB, Upgraded door
speakers with separate tweeter modules and underseat sub plus the necessary facia adaptor. Totally worth it although
it pales in comparison with the 9 speaker Bose setup in the new car. That said I went out in the van this morning and
it still sounds pretty decent stereo wise and the hands free kit is probably a little better than the factory one in the Spazda.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:45 - 29 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Think Floyd tshirt on thier website the week before last.
I waited just over a week but nothing arrived so I sent an email to which they replied my order had slipped through the net.
By way of an apology they sent the tshirt plus a little bonus cd.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:28 - 29 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

Did the same to my van last year with a full Kenwood upgrade, CD H/U including hands free kit and DAB, Upgraded door
speakers with separate tweeter modules and underseat sub plus the necessary facia adaptor. Totally worth it although
it pales in comparison with the 9 speaker Bose setup in the new car. That said I went out in the van this morning and
it still sounds pretty decent stereo wise and the hands free kit is probably a little better than the factory one in the Spazda.

Yeah this is a Kenwood DMX5020DABS and an 8" Kenwood KSC-PSW8 250W sub.

Factory speakers still but with the Xover now in charge, i've set them to get only 100Hz plus and the sub gets everything below.

Bass is tight and controlled and whilst it's no longer the 2 10" kickers in the previous car, it's more than enough to keep me happy for a half hour commute each way.

Some folk don't care for the sticky out fascia replacement, personally i don't mind it. For the increase in SQ and the addition of Android Auto, as you say, totally worth it.

Fiesta was a generation too old for a decent built in colour NAV screen and this is the freshen up I needed it to have. Bastard of a job to fit and it's a good job the Kenwood is a half depth unit cos the amount of harness / conversion / steering wheel control stuff that had to sit behind it is ridiculous.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:08 - 03 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

a balanced cable for my headphones.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:01 - 03 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A replacement blade for my cabinet scraper. The old one was too thick to turn a decent burr.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:52 - 06 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A canary-yellow suitcase.
Hope I get to use it.

Actually, is it canary, or is it custard? Thinking
Not sure.

Its fucking HUGE.
Could fit a body in it, folded up.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:41 - 06 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
A canary-yellow suitcase.
Hope I get to use it.

Actually, is it canary, or is it custard? Thinking
Not sure.

Its fucking HUGE.
Could fit a body in it, folded up.

My mind was blown after getting a suitcase with wheels.

I was on drugs though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:36 - 07 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that they heightened your experience Wub

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:41 - 07 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I had one of those eureka moments...Bigger suitcase for the drugs. Idea
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 112 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 386, 387, 388 ... 459, 460, 461  Next
Page 387 of 461