Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:04 - 24 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen Dog wrote:

probably took me 1/2 hour to successfully navigate my first corner

Zen Dog wrote:
be prepared for hours of fiddling

Zen Dog wrote:
be prepared to hate yourself.

That sounds fun.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:20 - 24 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
The new Guardians of the galaxy game on PS5 is great fun. £35 on Amazon, bargain.

Ordered. Thumbs Up

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:36 - 24 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob W wrote:
That sounds fun.

I like it, but yeah, I felt I should be clear it's not for everyone. Problem with it is, once you've tried it, everything else feels a bit mickey mouse. Most bike games aren't really simulating bike physics, they're just fancily reskinning car physics.

For a bike game that's a lot more casual and you can just have fun with, Ride 3 is probably the best bet, for me. You can pick it up cheap on sale, looks great, good selection of tracks and challenges.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:08 - 26 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

With most bike games you can customise the difficulty, so on hardest you're shifting gears manually, the brake is liable to lock with too much pressure, weight transfer is also modelled so it's ready wash out the front at too high a speed.

Factor in there's no real life cues to indicate speed like g force, wind resistance, bike vibrations, and judging your speed by eye alone makes it even harder to gauge corner entry.

Dial the difficulty down a bit until you're used to the tracks then gradually turn it up to suit.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:58 - 26 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the Black Friday sales I bought a few things. I bought Ride 4 and the Kestrel Lancers expansion for Mechwarrior 5. Ride 4 is OK... it's similar to Ride 3 but a bit nicer looking. The career mode has less choice than Ride 3. If you don't have Ride 3 do that first I reckon, and buy Ride 4 when it's cheap.

Kestrel Lancers is just more campaign missions with no extra story. It's kind of annoying but it's got fun extras so... meh.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:28 - 28 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell let loose, best game I've played in ages.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:06 - 28 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen Dog wrote:
For a bike game that's a lot more casual and you can just have fun with...

Just started playing Lost Days... Bikes, gore, ultra violence, scavenging, stealth, crafting and zombies (known as freakers in-game...)
https://mp1st.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/daysgonepcpic1-600x338.jpg
Absolutely loving it so far. Thumbs Up

Edit... Days Gone, Days Gone, Days Gone.

Last edited by grr666 on 17:52 - 30 Nov 2021; edited 1 time in total

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:32 - 30 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't find a game called "Lost Days" (or I could, but it clearly wasn't the one you're talking about).

Are you talking about "Days Gone" on the PS4?

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:38 - 30 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie GooGs wrote:

Just had a look, definitely appeals to the early 2000's Medal of Honor player in me. Very Happy

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:43 - 30 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen Dog wrote:
I couldn't find a game called "Lost Days" (or I could, but it clearly wasn't the one you're talking about).

I thought that too.

Battlefield V online is superb. Really good map design, old fashioned analogue(ish) weaponry. Can't stop playing, and it's not even made for series X specifically.

I have barely played FS2020 this month, Forza 4&5 are the other games taking up free time. Should probably be doing housey stuff but my excuse is the weather is shite.

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:58 - 30 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
Zen Dog wrote:

I thought that too.

Battlefield V online is superb. Really good map design, old fashioned analogue(ish) weaponry. Can't stop playing, and it's not even made for series X specifically.

I have barely played FS2020 this month, Forza 4&5 are the other games taking up free time. Should probably be doing housey stuff but my excuse is the weather is shite.

Literally just started playing BF-V last night on PC as I got a free copy of it. Just doing the solo campaigns at the moment, will likely try out online at some point though. Used to play a LOT of BF from Bad Company 2 through to BF4 (all console though). It's good to get back to playing FPS on PC again using a keyboard/mouse.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:33 - 30 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ even the single player was pretty decent. Might be worth a rerun on hardest level.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:51 - 30 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen Dog wrote:

Yes. My bad, It's Days Gone. Upon release it was apparently as buggy as hell but the developer stayed with it and over
some time they fixed the gameplay issues and added a bunch of new stuff. It's about a 60 hour game now to complete
story mode. HUGE map, interesting stuff to do and lots of sneaking around trying to avoid freakers. Just had my arse
handed to me by a pack of wolves whilst riding around in the woods, bastards snatched me clean off my bike and savaged
me. There are other wildlife to contend with too, bears and puma to name a couple. I'm getting very absorbed into the game.
Normally I'll just have a quick thrash on something then get bored and play something else instead. Think Fallout meets
Resident Evil and you'll not be far off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6_sR3LMraY

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:20 - 30 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen Dog wrote:
Stevie GooGs wrote:

Just had a look, definitely appeals to the early 2000's Medal of Honor player in me. Very Happy

Yeah I'm old school used to play CS TF2 etc and this game to do needs to have most classes being used, can be frustrating at times.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:57 - 03 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampyr on playstation plus.

a surprisingly good game. would recommend.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:15 - 03 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
Vampyr on playstation plus.

a surprisingly good game. would recommend.

Adding this to the "fuck all else to do in between Christmas and New Year so I'll give it a shot" list now along with Skyrim.

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:25 - 03 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
^ even the single player was pretty decent. Might be worth a rerun on hardest level.

The single player was SHITE. Each story was way too short, everything seemed to emphasise stealth except for when you're playing the French dude storming the hill (and even then you have to sneak around to get anywhere), and the levels looked like they were designed by a first year intern.

"I can't believe the scale of this war, makes you feel small" ... not really mate, we're in a city by ourselves and there's literally 4 enemy soldiers in it. It really shows how little effort EA/Dice are putting into AAA games over the last few years. Pleased I didn't pay for it.

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:47 - 10 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had been moaning for ages that i kept going back to play CS / TF2 classic as there was not much that new that i thought was good.

I have now played about 40hours of Hell Let Loose and ive not played anything else. Its so damn good if you get a good squad where people communicate over the mic, if people don't then i tend to leave the squad as its a vital part of the game (if they dont it just feels a bit solo and you cant really get into it). I would recommend you try it but do that, get into a squad that talks and works together as its so fecking good when you are all working as one.

How the classes work seems to be well thought out as well, the MG for example you need to prone or you need set it a wall etc to get full advantage of it, it has draw backs were you cant stay in the same place for ages as they will figure out where you are then flank you. If you are trying to push forward you can hold the MG but the accuracy is way off and you cant see what your aiming at etc, you need to change to pistol which is obviously takes a bit more care.

The anti tank will need to find supplies / work with a team mate to restock to take out a tank etc.

There is something really good about one shot one kill instead of spraying loads of bullets and hoping they die.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:17 - 10 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

For people of a certain age who remember "Wing Commander" the game was a case of drama > gameplay...

I'm having a dabble with "Chorus" (spelt in Roman letters it looks like CHORVS) and it's like an ultra-dark Wing Commander meets Chronicles of Riddick. The space flight is laughable, the combat is hectic and the plotline deals with religious genocide Shocked Somehow it all works.

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:26 - 10 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie GooGs wrote:
Stuff about Hell Let Loose

It really sounds very much like Day of Defeat (the Half Life total conversion mod). It was one of those games that prized a kind of realism and massively encouraged teamworking. MGs were totally useless unless you were prone (and had deployed the bipod), and then had a very narrow field of fire. You were really vulnerable while using one, but the area in your field of fire was basically impassable. Firing a bolt action rifle while standing would kick your point of aim about 45 degrees up in the air. And one, or maybe two, shots would kill you outright. It was a great game, but you could see it really needed the player numbers, and actual teamwork, to get the best out of it. But this was an era when most players didn't have headsets, and were playing team deathmatch Quake, and it just never quite got the playerbase it needed to reach critical mass. A shame, but if Hell Let Loose can succeed where it failed, I'm in. Very Happy

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:57 - 16 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Matrix Awakens - PS5 (for free)

It is a Unreal 5 tech demo, showing what's possible these days and I am blown away. This is the next-gen stuff. Thumbs Up

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:55 - 17 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

It is a Unreal 5 tech demo, showing what's possible these days and I am blown away. This is the next-gen stuff. Thumbs Up

Absolutely unreal, I was gob smacked when I played that on my PS5.

Just moving around the city and seeing the detail and draw distance is amazing.

Currently playing Control Ultimate Edition on the PS5, I did have it free from PS Store, but I never got the next gen upgrade for some reason and playing it in back compatibility mode was painful having known how it can run on a decent PC. Bit annoying that I couldn't just buy the upgrade but at least the full game was only £25 and it's well worth that with all the DLC.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:17 - 17 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

Yes, Xbox series X it works really well, you can get the framerate to slow down if you're doing a lot of mad stuff in a car but it's very impressive. And the tools and content are free for anyone with any knowledge and talent to come up with something even more amazing.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:05 - 18 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got the One Percenter platinum trophy for Days Gone.
Its taken a while.
I'm now in the process finding all the collectibles, can't see it happening before Easter.

Downloading The Matrix Awakens as I type.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:35 - 27 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

have started Metal gear solid 5. not sure how long i will stick it.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 92 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 49 of 64