Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Black Lives Matter.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 158, 159, 160 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:08 - 23 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

With even Biden labelling him as white supremacist they need a lesson in being more circumspect with populist comments - during a trial especially.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:28 - 23 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
With even Biden labelling him as white supremacist they need a lesson in being more circumspect with populist comments - during a trial especially.

Unfortunately you can't sue the PoTUS. He'd probably go with the Guinness/Saunders defence anyway Smile

Does make one wonder who's in charge of updating the Hymn Sheets given the choir are still singing the exact same pre-trial tune Thinking

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:17 - 03 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is hilarious. https://www.channel4.com/programmes/unapologetic?cntsrc=social_share_android_unapologetic

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:07 - 03 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

I was short of "unconscious bias" to complete a line in Woke Bingo before I lost the will to live and threw a brick at the TV.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:38 - 03 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

I was short of "unconscious bias" to complete a line in Woke Bingo before I lost the will to live and threw a brick at the TV.

There was something genuinely saddening watching them all agonising. I rather hope most black people don't waste their time like that but i suspect will never know.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:58 - 03 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldn't say white guests, why the need to say black guests.

*walks off muttering*

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:14 - 03 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Sign-in to view? Meh!

Quote:
preparing his kids to make their way in the UK

Let me guess. Priming them to see racism everywhere?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:45 - 03 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

If you dont have the c4 catchup thingy the program is on weekly

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:56 - 03 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Quote:
preparing his kids to make their way in the UK

Let me guess. Priming them to see racism everywhere?

This seems to be the norm, telling your black kids how everything is against them, how they need to give the police and anyone in authority the run around and to show as much disrespect as possible. The only crime a person of colour is guilty of these days seems to be if they get caught.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:43 - 03 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
There was something genuinely saddening watching them all agonising. I rather hope most black people don't waste their time like that but i suspect will never know.

TBF this is a "Black" programme rather than a "black" programme Neutral But as to your question of "genuine black ppl" from my experience, given they mostly turned up in the '50s the "black people" of the past are pretty much the same as white working class ppl in Olde London Towne. Black ppl now could be from anywhere and will have whatever cultural attitude that makes money but an old white dude and an old black fella on some city allotment on a Sunday afternoon will be as close as two needles despite the damage CH4 tries to inflict.

tl;dr black or white is pretty much the same, it's the brown and yellow ppl that get in the way.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:07 - 04 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

TBF this is a "Black" programme rather than a "black" programme Neutral But as to your question of "genuine black ppl" from my experience, given they mostly turned up in the '50s the "black people" of the past are pretty much the same as white working class ppl in Olde London Towne. Black ppl now could be from anywhere and will have whatever cultural attitude that makes money but an old white dude and an old black fella on some city allotment on a Sunday afternoon will be as close as two needles despite the damage CH4 tries to inflict.

tl;dr black or white is pretty much the same, it's the brown and yellow ppl that get in the way.

Ahh, class issue then?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:58 - 04 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Ahh, class issue then?

Indeed, the complaint of "black ppl have been fucked over in the UK" is actually "black ppl have to eat the same shite as white [working class] ppl."

I'm just talking from personal experience though. I've rocked up to Neasden as a short-ass white fella and got on fine whereas I'd consider Southall as almost a separate country.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:16 - 27 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalian Atkinson: Police apologise for killing black ex-footballer

I'm not surprised the police were eager to pick up the race-card that was played, it conveniently covers up the real prejudice they have against the mentally ill Sad

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:32 - 27 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

I'm not surprised the police were eager to pick up the race-card that was played, it conveniently covers up the real prejudice they have against the mentally ill Sad

In my experience police officers often behaved more sensitively and sympathetically to my mentally ill clients than the nurses, doctors and social workers. I suspect those so called professionals had more to do with the guys psychiatric situation getting out of control than we will ever know.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:44 - 28 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:
Ahh, class issue then?

Indeed, the complaint of "black ppl have been fucked over in the UK" is actually "black ppl have to eat the same shite as white [working class] ppl."

I'm just talking from personal experience though. I've rocked up to Neasden as a short-ass white fella and got on fine whereas I'd consider Southall as almost a separate country.

What happened to your ass in Southall?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:40 - 28 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

What happened to your ass in Southall?

London is full of seperate countries. When I worked in London and lived on my narrowboat on the Regents canal, just about anywhere I moored after Uxbridge was a seperate country. Indian, Portuguese/Brazilian, Muslim/Pakistani and that's just the West side. It's either a vibrant international community or proof of a failed immigration policy with no integration depending on your point of view. Rolling Eyes

Harlesdon is the only place in the whole of my travels of the world I have actually witnessed a drive by shooting.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:25 - 28 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem I regularly encounter in so-called black areas is tuning into 1st generation Jamaican patois but at least it is a version of English.

Southall and the like have whole swathes of ppl who don't know and will never learn English. The class structure is rigid and stifling.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:43 - 28 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overpopulation is a terrible thing, for communities, for society, for the individual's expectation of life quality, etc. Just my opinion.

However, there are certain auxiliary effects of entropy that are seen as advantages that can't be ignored, by central planners. I have a little information most people won't know about what happened in some of these areas, under the increasingly authoritarian Blair government. I'll write up what little I know about it, one day. It's not very interesting but it was deliberate, and it's just something that fits into a picture of historical events and trends in the world at large, at that time.

Separate from that, the Occupy movement, from which we get BLM and XR, came from the same place as the al-Muhajiroun, HuT and other stupid things: London universities, which were used as sandboxes for all the techniques used much later. Those were obvious social experiments. And then, of course, this packaged disorder got international funding and set its sights to the 1%, Wall Street, etc. before ending up as what it became.

All of society is just an experiment, really. 2050-2060 we'll see some major changes as there will be no advantage in having a million monkeys bash away at typewriters to type the works of Shakespeare when you can just get Shakespeare himself. We need transhumanism and its associated technologies, before this kind of paradigm stops being relevant.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:53 - 28 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

What he said... Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:59 - 28 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
2050-2060 we'll see some major changes,

Hover boots at last!?

Bhud wrote:
transhumanism and its associated technologies,

Crying or Very sad

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:20 - 29 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I've said before you can trace most of this stuff back to Marcuse and the Frankfurt School.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:37 - 16 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched an interview on the BBC with The Real Thing lead singer Chris Amoo.
At first, the subject matter was naturally about the early years, videos were shown and music was played.
They're making a bit of a comeback so the latest album was briefly discussed.
The the subject of 'how difficult was it being black back then?' was it.
You could see Chris's face change to one of disappointment, he just said 'Not very, we didn't think about it.'
The black hardship story never came so papers were shuffled while the interviewers quickly searched for something else to talk about.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:26 - 16 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
I watched an interview on the BBC

I think I see where you're going wrong Wink
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:10 - 16 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically if you poll [insert disaffected group here] you'll find a perception of hardship for the group as a whole but personally most ppl have been fine and got on with their lives.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:00 - 16 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised we don't need a passport to visit London, like the other foreign countries.

Surely that makes us, rUK, victims of a colonial power, London? Thinking
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 61 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 158, 159, 160 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
Page 159 of 184