Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Scorpion End Can

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mark65
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:01 - 06 Dec 2021    Post subject: Scorpion End Can Reply with quote

Hi All,
I have bought a Scorpion end can but it doest seem to fit, and yes its the correct one quad checked, its out by about 4-6mm (images attached) the OEM goes on and off easily.
Im waiting on there response from Scorpion as its a no modification fit, has anyone else had problems with them?.

Thanks
Mark

steve the grease
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 13:53 - 06 Dec 2021    Post subject: Re: Scorpion End Can Reply with quote

Mark65 wrote:
Hi All,
I have bought a Scorpion end can but it doest seem to fit, and yes its the correct one quad checked, its out by about 4-6mm (images attached) the OEM goes on and off easily.
Im waiting on there response from Scorpion as its a no modification fit, has anyone else had problems with them?.

Thanks
Mark

I've worked in and around the motortrade for forty years . The curse of the job is ' the wrong parts' . Whether it's the wrong part in the right box, the right part but wrongly made, the catalogue being wrong for your vehicle, or any of the thousand other permutations of ' it's a fuck up', the part you have been given is plainly not a straight fit for your vehicle.
Can you wiggle a screwdriver in the two holes and get it to line up a bit better with a bit of judicious bending? Maybe loosen the front pipe a bit to if that helps?
Or is this is where you find out how good the company who sold you the silencer is, do they try and get you sorted, or somehow try and blame you , for their crap parts.

Mark65
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:45 - 06 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
No wiggle room, the metal band on the pipe is tack welded to the exhaust so no more movement forward, not sure if that is a recent mod that suzuki have done and the company dont know about it?, maybe it would fit without it but im not grinding metal of a new bike. I would think they would send a slightly shorter link pipe maybe or I will return it.
Still no reply from them yet.

Mark

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:10 - 06 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the mounting bracket that is on top of the can riveted into place or is it held on by screws?

This might be a dumb idea but it might have been placed on at Scorpions factory in the wrong orientation and turning it 180 degrees might fix the issue by moving the eye forward the few millimetres that it seems off by?

EDIT: Should probably just phone them instead of e-mailing them to get a faster response.

Mark65
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:14 - 06 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Its rivited, will call them thursday when im working from home, if they havent replied to my email by then i will just ask for a refund.

Mark

Mark65
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:13 - 06 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Finally received a reply, the technical (person) is not in till tomm and the said person will contact me they have said, so tomm it is.
Mark

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:31 - 06 Dec 2021    Post subject: Re: Scorpion End Can Reply with quote

steve the grease wrote:

I've worked in and around the motortrade for forty years . The curse of the job is ' the wrong parts' . Whether it's the wrong part in the right box, the right part but wrongly made, the catalogue being wrong for your vehicle, or any of the thousand other permutations of ' it's a fuck up', the part you have been given is plainly not a straight fit for your vehicle.
Can you wiggle a screwdriver in the two holes and get it to line up a bit better with a bit of judicious bending? Maybe loosen the front pipe a bit to if that helps?
Or is this is where you find out how good the company who sold you the silencer is, do they try and get you sorted, or somehow try and blame you , for their crap parts.

I know most of the characters involved in Scorpion & have an enormous amount of respect for all of them.

I hear what you sayin' & I too have been there & done that.

Of all the spin off's of "Micron", or Codnor Light Fabrications, Scorpion are probably the bestest of the bunch, at least they are the longest lived.

Anyone who knows, knows that sometimes it all goes horribly wrong. I personally judge the Co's I deal with by how they deal with the situation when it does go Pete Tong.

We call it "exception handling".

It's a fundamental principle of business that no matter how well a Co' is run, sometimes things get twisted & skewed in the customer relationship, & the customers experience may not always live up to the standards that the business sets itself. On these occasions a Co' can be judged by how many times it goes Pete Tong, but it's also important to judge them by exactly how hard they try to put it right.

Scorpion Exhausts is a good Co', it is well run, well funded & generally staffed by motivated & competent people who have a general interest in keeping all of their customers happy.

If the OP doesn't get an agreeable outcome from this, then I will happily volunteer to step in & mediate . . . . !

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:46 - 06 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mediate? I wouldn't even trust you to put the bins out.

Mark65
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:49 - 06 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the reply from Louise annoyed me already:

Thanks for your email, unfortunately my colleague who deals with technical enquiries is not in the office until tomorrow, he will get back to you on his return

I said:

Hello Louise,
Perhaps your reply should be "we are sorry your having problems with your purchase, when our technical advisor comes in tomm we will do our best to rectify any problems you are experiencing".

I also pointed out any parts that need returning wont be payed for by me.

The reputation of the company is why i bought from them, I have MTC and Pipe Werx all nearby but i liked their design, I have a feeling maybe that collar on the pipe was not on earlier models but cant confirm that and Im happy to give the benefit of the doubt if the link pipe is not correct, possibly a slightly shorter link pipe would allow the forward movement needed?.
See what happens tommorow.

Mark

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:35 - 06 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me skeptical but Directors resigning from oldco (Scorpion Exhausts Ltd) and new company started up (Scorpion Redpower Ltd)…

Taking cash out the oldco by winding it up since it’s cash heavy and light on liabilities?

Tdibs
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 12:23 - 07 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the ring on the collector tac welded on stock? (the middle imagine) not seen that before, looks like the pipe will fit if that was not there?

Mark65
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:41 - 07 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, yes the ring is spot welded on the join and tack welded on the backside edge, it does seem odd why its there?.

I have tried calling Scorpion but they only give a recording hiding behind the Covid excuse, I have told them I would like a reply today as I was told or I wish to return the faulty goods and or using the distance selling regs.
Ive asked for a returns number.

As i have been writing this I have had a email from Martin that they are sending a new link pipe, i did ask if its a shorter one or was the wrong one sent originally. Hopefully that will sort the problem, other than that it feels very well built, but if not back it goes.
I will let you know.
Mark

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:06 - 07 Dec 2021    Post subject: Black widow Reply with quote

I got a black widow for my bike and they were very helpful and very reasonably priced.

Mark65
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 08 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
So I got the replacement this morning but no dice, the can was touching the swingarm, I had another go with the first one and manged to get it on but it only has 10mm clearance from the swingarm (I have no idea if that's ok).
The bolt at the top that goes through the rear hanger is not perfectly straight but there is a rubber mount in there.
I know its a mass produced item so there will be variances in the construction, it sounds great.
Images attached, oem, short and the original and one from side.
I asked if they are happy with the fitting for warranty purposes in case it has stress on the can top mounting points, hopefully all will be good.
Mark
Scorpion have said there confident it will be fine and 10mm is ok.
Roll on spring.

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:44 - 08 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

10mm clearance (sideways) from the swingarm should be fine, there shouldn't be any side to side movement in your swingarm anyway. I had a similar issue with the exhaust (just) touching the swingarm on my street triple, and fixed it with a washer added to the bolt connecting the silencer to the hanger to push it out very slightly.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 130 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1