Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:51 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Explain how I'm wrong?

It wouldn't profit any government to overly restrict a fully vaccinated population.

How are restrictions profiting them now? I mean, the take-up has been pretty good. I don't think there has ever been a 100% take up of any vaccine before, has there?

Quote:
chickenstrip wrote:
But anyway, it's kind of you to allow me a different opinion. I feel privileged! Laughing

So you should! Wink

And I'm sure you're someone very important IRL...besides to yourself! Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:58 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMR when I was about 9 or 10 - everyone at school had it. No idea of the rest of the UK but I'd bet it was close to that.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:07 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
MMR when I was about 9 or 10 - everyone at school had it. No idea of the rest of the UK but I'd bet it was close to that.

So we absolutely need 100% take up? I don't see it myself, not considering how successful it has been. They used to talk about something like 60 or 70% being sufficient for a good level of immunity in the wider population. I guess something has changed, although while we're looking at this much milder form of the virus, I don't know what. Are you of the opinion that all forms of Covid can be 100% eradicated?

Edit: And besides, "I'd bet" doesn't seem to qualify as definitive to me, especially as we're so concerned about scientific accuracy here Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:32 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah and I wasn't saying we need it, just that was an example of what was probably close to it.

No idea what the break through % is. Somewhere between 0% and 100% I'm sure Smile

But the more who can that do means that the rest of those who can't don't need to. If the reason that 'you' aren't is because believing Internet bullshit has made you a paranoid conspiracy Theorist then thats bad.

No issue with someone not doing it because they have a real reason including just a straight 'no'.

Or something like that anyway.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:47 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
Nah and I wasn't saying we need it, just that was an example of what was probably close to it.

No idea what the break through % is. Somewhere between 0% and 100% I'm sure Smile

But the more who can that do means that the rest of those who can't don't need to. If the reason that 'you' aren't is because believing Internet bullshit has made you a paranoid conspiracy Theorist then thats bad.

No issue with someone not doing it because they have a real reason including just a straight 'no'.

Or something like that anyway.

That's pretty much my position on it. Thumbs Up

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:15 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
If the reason that 'you' aren't is because believing Internet bullshit has made you a paranoid conspiracy Theorist then thats bad.

I thought by now my position was pretty clear. Oh well, never mind Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:16 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

You ARE someone important, right? Laughing

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:30 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

It is but note the quotes around 'you' I.e. its nor directed AT you Smile

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:36 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

It is

Oh great, can you explain it to me, cos damned if I understand it Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:40 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

On BCF?? Laughing Folded arms

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:02 - 31 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

On BCF?? Laughing Folded arms

Dammit, another illusion shattered! Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 109 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2