Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So How Does Your Machine Perform? Shields Up

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 23:50 - 04 Jan 2022    Post subject: So How Does Your Machine Perform? Shields Up Reply with quote

I've used this site occassionally for over 20 yrs now , and started when at uni'.

Shields Up

It probes your machines ports and gives you a breakdown of potential vulnerable ports, and advises any action.

The main option buttons I use (once you get past the first page) for quickness are 'File Sharing', 'Common Ports', & 'All Service Ports'.

I'm not saying it's the be all & end all, of internet security, but it is interesting, and a could potentially alert you to a major issue.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:08 - 05 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full stealth across the board. Which is what I expected from debian behind a hardware firewall.

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 01:20 - 05 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Full stealth across the board. Which is what I expected from debian behind a hardware firewall.

Nice.

Yep, Linux is defo the way to go.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:37 - 05 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full stealth mode here,
Apart from an IP address up that London way it got nowt.

Dunno why, it's nothing I did
Could it be cos I use a 4G router instead if a normal broadband
(ie phone or fibre) one?

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:28 - 05 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless your machine is directly connected to the internet (bad idea), it's just probing your router. Most these days will have explict deny on any incoming traffic (that wasn't initiated from inside the network), unless you've got port forwarding etc set up.

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:42 - 05 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Results from scan of ports: 0-1055

0 Ports Open
3 Ports Closed
1053 Ports Stealth
---------------------
1056 Ports Tested

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:31 - 05 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is completely clean, surprisingly. I'm happy with that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:55 - 05 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

xX-Alex-Xx wrote:
Unless your machine is directly connected to the internet (bad idea), it's just probing your router. Most these days will have explict deny on any incoming traffic (that wasn't initiated from inside the network), unless you've got port forwarding etc set up.

Pretty much that. Mine clearly shows up 80/443 as they are exposed to a single device which is intentional. Doesn't bother checking higher, but 8080 is open too Laughing

If you have anything open and don't know why... you would be silly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:27 - 06 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Internet port 139 does not appear to exist!
Unable to connect with NetBIOS to your computer.
There is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that a port (or even any computer) exists at this IP address!

guess im covered Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:21 - 09 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well considering my internal network is behind 2 firewall routers with a walled garden for my VoIP ATA and another piece of equipment, and considering that I'm also behind CGNAT at the ISP end...

Oh and I often use a VPN Laughing

It's a good site though - I've used it many times in the past and Steve Gibson is one of the good guys. Thumbs Up

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:42 - 09 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I aren't doing anything special but all was good except port 80 open that might be for security camera though.
Not bothered about that anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:54 - 10 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
I aren't doing anything special but all was good except port 80 open that might be for security camera though.
Not bothered about that anyway.

I would be Laughing

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:17 - 10 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got these results, when I did the all ports tests every post was stealth:

FILE SHARING TEST

Shields UP! is now attempting to contact the Hidden Internet Server within your PC. It is likely that no one has told you that your own personal computer may now be functioning as an Internet Server with neither your knowledge nor your permission. And that it may be serving up all or many of your personal files for reading, writing, modification and even deletion by anyone, anywhere, on the Internet!

Your Internet port 139 does not appear to exist!

One or more ports on this system are operating in FULL STEALTH MODE! Standard Internet behavior requires port connection attempts to be answered with a success or refusal response. Therefore, only an attempt to connect to a nonexistent computer results in no response of either kind. But YOUR computer has DELIBERATELY CHOSEN NOT TO RESPOND (that's very cool!) which represents advanced computer and port stealthing capabilities. A machine configured in this fashion is well hardened to Internet NetBIOS attack and intrusion.

Unable to connect with NetBIOS to your computer.

All attempts to get any information from your computer have FAILED. (This is very uncommon for a Windows networking-based PC.) Relative to vulnerabilities from Windows networking, this computer appears to be VERY SECURE since it is NOT exposing ANY of its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet.

TRUESTEALTH TEST

Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating. Not a single packet — solicited or otherwise — was received from your system as a result of our security probing tests. Your system ignored and refused to reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests). From the standpoint of the passing probes of any hacker, this machine does not exist on the Internet. Some questionable personal security systems expose their users by attempting to "counter-probe the prober", thus revealing themselves. But your system wisely remained silent in every way. Very nice.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:31 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried it again.

"YOUR computer has DELIBERATELY CHOSEN NOT TO RESPOND (that's very cool!) which represents advanced computer and port stealthing capabilities.
A machine configured in this fashion is well hardened to Internet NetBIOS attack and intrusion.
Wow what a great guy, probably a scooter rider?
Good, thought so.
Scooty bois are cool not like them stinky bikers"

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:42 - 14 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD Forte wrote:
Scooty bois are cool not like them stinky bikers"

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/386/217/c6b.gif

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:09 - 03 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% stealth, no access.

Have never made any special efforts to keep my PC secure. Don't even have antivirus other than Windows Defender.

That being said, I think Windows Defender is assumed to be shit because it's a stock app, but is actually very very good, because it has to be, and because it updates itself without asking you.

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:29 - 03 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

That being said, I think Windows Defender is assumed to be shit because it's a stock app, but is actually very very good, because it has to be, and because it updates itself without asking you.

It's hard to lose a bad reputation, and a few years ago it WAS shit. Comes towards the top of most tests pretty consistently now.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:15 - 04 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its mostly testing routers not the firewall on the PC, since your router is rejecting the requests. I got nothing because I'm on a VPN.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 53 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1