Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Sir Tony Blair? No thanks!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:41 - 09 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

For that many people to actually give a fuck in an online petition is pretty damning in my eyes. I can only think of one other person/politician who would elicit that amount of animosity and that would of course be Thatcher, The difference between them would be that I doubt Thatcher would have had an 'across the board' dislike from people of all walks of life. Thatcher dislike was much more politically polarised.

One point about the amount of people who have put their signature to this, it's one tenth the total amount of people who voted Labour in 2019 and pretty much the same number who voted for the SNP. It's certainly not insignificant.

The fact that 1 million (inc me) bothered to verify our email just to stick up our finger to him says a lot [about him].
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:47 - 09 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Mr Clarkson pointed out, the may be 1 million people who have signed to say that they don't want the murderer knighted, but the are 69 million who haven't. A Knighthood has become worthless now anyway seeing as Mr go down on one knee woke Hamilton has been given one. When you think it is connected to slavery, the empire and White privilege Mr I don't like to lose Hamilton should have jumped away like a thingy on hot coals from it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:50 - 09 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the Queen personally selected Blair to receive this honour and it’s the most senior order of knighthood, (Order of the Garter) so extra special. But why? Was it just seen as a kindness because it was belated, or has he been doing good works since he was PM, or has he been a particular friend to Royalty?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:12 - 09 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Order of the garter is almost always given to pms. Thatcher had it and so has John major, who was pm before Blair.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:20 - 09 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Order of the garter is almost always given to pms. Thatcher had it and so has John major, who was pm before Blair.

Yeah fuck it. Give him his award. Just devalues it even more than it already was in the eyes of most people, but who cares? It's nothing to do with us. The media shouldn't bother reporting it.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 78 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3