Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Probably stupid question of the year but....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:52 - 02 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Yes but those were all things people wanted (or at least could respect upon completion.)

Randomly placed "Eco towns" ? The need for housing is due to emmets buying second or third homes that spend most of the year unoccupied Sad

It was supposed to be tongue in cheek, I can't think of a better place than sticking a bunch of wannabe resident grockles out of the way in a clay pit.
I remember the days when Camborne, Redruth and St Austell were just shitholes that you had to go through to get to the climbing grounds, are they now just shitholes surrounded by MacMansions?

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:22 - 03 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

St Austell?

You mean St Hostile surely?

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:04 - 03 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
St Austell?

You mean St Hostile surely?

Actually, I meant S-nozzel but only a few would know where I meant. Laughing

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:46 - 03 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible place. Made the mistake of going into The Waterwheel.

Over the door 'enter as strangers leave as friends'

Get into the bar "are you an inner or an outer?"

'blank looks'

Turns out despite the sign saying public restaurant and bar, unless you're a resident there, no service. There was one cat, 2 bar staff and one person eating.

Least friendly place we've ever had the misfortune of going. Felt like anyone who could escape had and the ones left hated the tourist industry with a passion. Half the City centre boarded up or whitewashed windows, choice of 2 Indian restaurants or Pizza Express.

Went to find a beach - good luck finding one that isn't blighted with a caravan park. The one we did find ( met a cheery local) was apparently nice but don't go in barefoot as there's weaver fish.

Apparently Cornwall gets better the further in you go - not something I'm going to waste petrol on chancing. Go to the Eden Project and Lost Gardens of Heligan and then turn the fcuk around and go somewhere else.

I'd go back to the Lake District every time in preference to suffering that again.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:06 - 03 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodmin jail is nice.

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:19 - 03 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO Inflation is mostly pure greed.

Nobody is satified with there lot, and they all think that if they rise prices slowly (because they want more), nobody will notice/react, and stop buying, which is mostly true. So everybody jumps on the band wagon, and it's considered the norm.

There are of course those that have to go along with the hoards, because they will go out of business if they don't.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a PriceCheck site (if there isn't one already), that daily udates average (& max/min) prices around the country for ALL products, so you can see instantly if someone is taking the piss pushing the boundaries. I can just imagine how big companies will be busting a gut to circumnavigate around that one, probably wouldn't work anyway I'm pretty sure they're all a cartel.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:46 - 03 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
Terrible place.

St. Austell has local shops for local people, the county's not just there to service your petty needs - typical attitude for someone from up country. Anyway if you wanted proper racism you should have holidayed in Wales Wink

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:18 - 03 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Anyway if you wanted proper racism you should have holidayed in Wales Wink

Times have changed, I can't remember the last time I saw a holiday home on fire.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:22 - 03 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarmacsurfer wrote:
Easy-X wrote:
Anyway if you wanted proper racism you should have holidayed in Wales Wink

Times have changed, I can't remember the last time I saw a holiday home on fire.

Now they legally charge you twice as much council tax if you are english.

steve the grease
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:25 - 16 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarmacsurfer wrote:

Well not quite, a lot of holiday homes round here are owned by Welsh families, the kids all went off to Uni and then got jobs 'away'. Mamgi and Tadcu peg it, and rather than flogging the family home, the kids keep it for holidays. They still pay double though. Round here the Crachach* despised as much as 'the English'.

* look it up...

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:47 - 16 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve the grease wrote:
Tarmacsurfer wrote:

Well not quite, a lot of holiday homes round here are owned by Welsh families, the kids all went off to Uni and then got jobs 'away'. Mamgi and Tadcu peg it, and rather than flogging the family home, the kids keep it for holidays. They still pay double though. Round here the Crachach* despised as much as 'the English'.

* look it up...

You must be a Souther, there's nothing posh up North. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 71 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2