Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:22 - 08 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

GettinBetter wrote:
to v or not to v wrote:
....i believe RM will collect parcels from your home address now?

That's great, and I will keep it in mind for later, but...

as I mentioned, I'm not there during working hours ( in my 05-30 to 17-30)....

Change jobs, them some shit hours fam.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:03 - 08 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

An advert at the top of the forum for "drafty" - loans at 89% apr Shocked

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:12 - 14 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I managed to get a (gear-oilingly) refund from Emirates for the flight I didn't take to Australia - but the wankers took a FOUR HUNDRED QUID "refund fee" for the privilege of having done so.

Cunts.

So I might have to look at my travel insurance and see if I can claim any more out of that to try and rake back as much as I can Mad

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:09 - 14 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grind my gears, me.

Local charity shop has a "Half marked price for everything" event today.

I chose a thing, marked up at £4. "That'll be £4 please." She said .

I paid. £4.

Because it would be churlish, wouldn't it? To quibble in a charity shop?

And now my gears are further grinded because I've taken the time and trouble to post it here. Because, £2.

But, £2 is £2. I was robbed.

Doh!

Moth
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 02:43 - 14 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:

Because it would be churlish, wouldn't it? To quibble in a charity shop?

Doh!

I don't make it a habit to frequent them, but I once found something for £2 that should easily fetch £200. I didn't want it but I knew someone who would & asked them to put it to one side.

He was there quick as a flash & paid them £150 (a poor repair IIRC).

I don't fully agree with charity shops, I think they are an abomination, but I'd never try to rob one.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:56 - 15 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got flashed by a speed camera going into Woburn village tonight. It was pitch black and foggy and I really didn't think I was doing over 30 so I can't have been much over the threshhold unless it's changed to a 20 and I missed the signs.

Fuckfuckity fuckfuck. There goes my nice squeeky clean licence.

Then going through the deer park in thick fog one decided to try and commit suicide on the front of my car. Thankfully braked in time and didn't hit it. That would have really made it a fucking bad day.

Wifie laughed. Evil or Very Mad

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:36 - 15 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

That the one on the crest as you come in from the golf course back road? Sneaky bugger that one.

For me, it's BT Sport / BT internet - complete and utter hot sweaty mess of offers and no one seems to understand what is what.

Getting very close to just binning the whole thing off and forking out for Dorna direct access.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:55 - 15 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Not necessarily. You might be offered a place on a nice interesting speed awareness course. Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:59 - 15 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck the speed awareness course 3 pojnts make fuck all difference to insurance.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:22 - 15 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Skoda Shite Triple* got me down to Cornwall and back trouble free but now decides to have a wobble parked outside my father-in-law's (walking distance from my house.)

First it was an engine warning light which the diagnostics revealed as the auxiliary coolant pump. Not a biggie unless you want hot air in the car in the middle of winter Rolling Eyes It's one of those annoying things a garage will relieve you of >£300 to replace as although it's a 5 min fit you have to drain and refill the coolant system Neutral

At the same time the in-tank fuel pump went on the fritz, incidental I assume as they're entirely unrelated systems. You can sometimes get the things going by pummelling them with a rubber mallet while someone turns over the car but that's a two-man job and my father-in-law was already at the pub wondering where I was.

All rather annoying but a least it failed close to home. The pump had previously given me jip but had been fine for the last few years. As it is I have a complete second-hand assembly (includes pump and level sensor) and a new one with slightly different return pipes. I should be able to cobble something together. Worst part is trying to fish the thing out of the tank without making a mess!

*3 cylinder, 1.2 litre diesel

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:28 - 15 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Not necessarily. You might be offered a place on a nice interesting speed awareness course. Laughing

Can I keep my mouth shut through hours of pontificating bullshit?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:30 - 15 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
That the one on the crest as you come in from the golf course back road? Sneaky bugger that one.

Thumbs Up It was.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:52 - 15 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Islander wrote:

Well now, that's the $64,000 question... Laughing

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:19 - 15 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

i attended one this week. it was a 2 hour zoom meeting. not too hard to endure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:29 - 15 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Costs more than taking the fixed penalty, wastes a day of your life and has absolutely no effect on your insurance.

I've never done one and will never do one. Every time it's been offered I've taken the.points.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:48 - 15 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one coming up in February, for doing 40 in a 30 zone Rolling Eyes

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:06 - 15 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today my gears are ground by the fact that I feel every single second of my age.
Not done a full week's commuting in nearly 2 years Shocked
Might have a duvet Sunday with the cats and see how I feel after that.
Definitely looking forward to when I can have a few WFH days again Laughing

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 16 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Today my gears are ground by the fact that I feel every single second of my age.

https://www.dignitas.ch/?lang=en

Thumbs Up

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:04 - 16 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

With 2 people on the job the fuel pump was a piece of piss. Turns out the new part I had on the shelf was an actual VAG part and not a knock off Smile Swapped over and it started straight away.

TaffyTDM
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:56 - 16 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Costs more than taking the fixed penalty, wastes a day of your life and has absolutely no effect on your insurance.

I've never done one and will never do one. Every time it's been offered I've taken the.points.

Mine was 30 quid cheaper than the ticket. And it was zoom so not having to waste a day in a hotel conference room at what feels like the world's shittest wedding.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:07 - 16 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody satnav, bike has gone through four of the buggers. Vibration is a bugger. Satnav has frozen, tried the soft start as it's more than likely software issue. Bastards.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:22 - 16 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
hellkat wrote:

https://www.dignitas.ch/?lang=en

Thumbs Up

Went for a ride instead Thumbs Up
Made me feel better, younger, less achey.
Thanks but no thanks Laughing

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:40 - 17 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The UK public transport system ground my gears this weekend. Specifically buses.

We are all supposed to be using buses instead of driving but the UK bus system is opaque almost to the point of uselessness.

I went to Edinburgh this weekend and though instead of driving into the town centre and trying to find a parking space, I'd use the park and ride. Which is one of the de-facto entry points to the city for visitors.

So I go to the bus terminus and try to work out what to do. There is a series of bus stops with numbers on them. Nothing else. Nothing to tell me which bus to get and where it goes. Then even if you do get the right bus, there's nothing to tell you which direction it's heading.

If you are lucky enough to find yourself at a stop with a timetable, it would still be useless for a visitor because it has a list of esoteric bus-stop place names which still tell you nothing about where it's actually going.

I'm lucky enough to have lived in Edinburgh for 5 years (over 20 years ago now) so one eventually came along displaying a destination I knew they'd have to drive through roughly where I was going to get to. Even then, I had to know the town well enough to know when to get off it.

A visitor unfamiliar with the place would stand no chance whatsoever. What if they didn't speak English? Then the classic last resort of asking a nearby granny would be out of the question too. Even when I lived there, I'd usually land up wallking everywhere because I had no fucking idea which bus to get on or where to get it. Things have not improved.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:27 - 17 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats because the notion of tempting people onto public transport because its better / cheaper/ more efficient is still overuled by the view that taxing people out of cars is enough.

Belgium is a delight in terms of public transport and a total misery in a car. But you'd never know or care because there's no reason not to use public transport.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:25 - 17 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely go on Facebook but what's the deal with these posts?

"Name a fish without an 'A' in it. Bet you can't Wink"

Dolphin Laughing

If they're just some intellectual exercise to pass the time why frame them as an insult?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 70 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
Page 64 of 176