Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Goddamn eBay again

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:04 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Goddamn eBay again Reply with quote

A few weeks ago I flogged a widget on the Bay (by auction) for about £50. I rarely have any problem at all selling on eBay, so was quite pissed off when the winning bidder reneged. Had to relist it.

Two weeks later - sold again, this time for over £60. Happy days. But fuck me - the bidder pulled out AGAIN.

Tried again after Xmas - for the third attempt - got over £50 this time. But guess what... the bidder had to go and get some dental work done so now couldn't afford to buy it. Unbelievable. I just ignored the message in a strop, and they've kept bleating on and on for the last week; worked for me they were clearly getting in state about it. Anyway today I had yet two more messages; the first one wanging on about cooling-off periods, Sales of Goods Act and God knows what else, and saying in no uncertain terms that they didn't want to proceed; and the second message was a notification of their PayPal payment in full!

Christonabike, some people are so stupid. What do they think is going to happen if they just walk away without paying? Does she reckon eBay will put her in prison? My instant reaction was obviously to post off the parcel to her immediately (ha ha!); but that would be daft because she'd just lie and tell me it was broken/faulty and I'd end up out of pocket. I'll certainly string the silly mare along for a bit longer yet though...

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:11 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Re: Goddamn eBay again Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
cooling-off periods, Sales of Goods Act and God knows what else

Always amazes me that people think all this shite applies to private sales Rolling Eyes

I've sold people things on gumtree before, they had it for a few days and then call me up asking if they can have their money back because they now have buyers remorse.

Years ago when I bought a new condenser tumble dryer, I flogged my old ducted one on gumtree, sold it and it was all good until about 6 - 8 months later the person that bought it called me saying it broke down and I owe them another one under warranty LMFAO Laughing

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 14:25 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an auction, technically they bought it off ebay.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:56 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's something valuable then I actively delete all the zero-feedback bidders (and say I will do such in the listing) and that usually dispenses with the majority of fuckwits.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:46 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set eBay buyer requirements to the most restrictive options to filter out as many time wasters as possible.

Relist the item as a £60 buy it now or best offer and make use of the immediate payment option.

I hope you've made non paying bidder reports for those people and blocked them.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:33 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Relist the item as a £60 buy it now or best offer and make use of the immediate payment option.

In fact, I originally started out at £30 BIN and got nothing at all, so tried auctioning from £4.99, with the results above, three times - odd how many people just get carried away when there are lots of bids (mind you, look what happened this time as a result. I have £0 so far Rolling Eyes )

Ste wrote:
I hope you've made non paying bidder reports for those people and blocked them.

Of course. Not that Ebay give two shits about non-paying bidders. They actually give buyers the warning that they can ask the seller to cancel an order, but that the seller is under no obligation to agree. I got a sales email from them a few weeks ago, headed "We heard your feedback, so here's what we did". They sent me here. TL,DR: If your buyer doesn't pay, you can cancel the order after 4 days and relist the item. That's actually IT.

Easy-X wrote:
If it's something valuable then I actively delete all the zero-feedback bidders

My three muppets' feedbacks are as follows: 37, 612, 46 Wink

As I say, I rarely have anything like this happen; and three non-payers on the trot is unprecedented.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:08 - 15 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

a lot of people are skint at this time of year.
monthly paid and a spendy xmas, dont make for a healthy bank balance.
they buy stuff then remember bills that need paying.
no idea how to budget.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:42 - 17 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
a lot of people are skint at this time of year.
monthly paid and a spendy xmas, dont make for a healthy bank balance.
they buy stuff then remember bills that need paying.
no idea how to budget.

True, a lot of people get paid before Christmas by their employers so they have their salary before Christmas, which is nice and helpful at the time but a double-edged sword as it means waiting almost 6 full weeks before being paid again.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:29 - 17 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only comfort I can offer is to consider what eBay would be like without its feedback system, e.g. Gumtree Shocked

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:52 - 17 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
The only comfort I can offer is to consider what eBay would be like without its feedback system, e.g. Gumtree Shocked

If there's something on ebay you really want, ie rare/ unique, bad feedback wont change your mind

it only works for shit that's being sold hundred times over and half the time, these sellers have multiple accounts selling the same thing

Ebay as a whole is full of spastics that have never been in an auction and treat it like a shop, then think they can treat sellers like shit, they get both barrels from me and half the thickos wont know how to send neg feedback anyway, so i'm still at 100% positive Smile
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 89 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1