Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The end of Johnson's lies and the sleaze?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:37 - 23 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should lay some bait out for him. A question about gear ratios on a CB250, perhaps.

On a more serious note: why isn't he posting any more?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:41 - 23 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

Have you seen Fight Club? I don't want to be unkind but it sounds like the sort of comment someone would make if they'd heard of Fight Club.

Fight Club (for my money) was about finding weak points in a system and applying acupuncture accuracy in excising dead tissue to bring about change.

Yes I've seen it.

I disagree that Fight Club was about identifying weaknesses in a system. That (i.e. identifying weaknesses in a system) can be used to justify any destructive act. There was no computer hacking and reporting back to the network admin, in that movie. That movie had terrorist cells being set up, men looking for a sense of purpose and belonging being brutalised in an ultra-masculine cult, and buildings falling down.

I think there's always a danger of seeing everything through a narrow lens, e.g. network security. However, the movie was not about that. It was about a descent into barbarism. Nothing productive came out of that. It was all destruction. You note that the lead character was dissatisfied with his perfect flat and his perfect Ikea furniture as his perfect "solutions to modern living". But look at what they represent. Perfect geometrical forms. Form and function as one. Mass manufacture and virtues of engineering over an intangible "quality". It was a normal, average man with a desk job, becoming a bestial degenerate. It was just a bad outcome. The movie was a warning.

Has to be the mark of a good movie if people can read into it in a multitude of ways Smile For me the Na'vi are the bad guys in Avatar, film makes much more sense!

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:45 - 23 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Tracey Suntan-King wrote:

Teffers? Deed? Nooooooo

Nah, he's still typing his latest reply.

Last will and testament. Volume 9.

(Hope he’s all right.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:12 - 23 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

Nah, he's still typing his latest reply.

Last will and testament. Volume 9.

(Hope he’s all right.)

He's probably making Facebook but even more storage capacity. Laughing

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:43 - 24 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keir starmer would be more electable if he didn't act so entitled to the job of Prime Minister. He's like a fatter, uglier, faker David Cameron.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:18 - 29 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cressida Dick meeting with Boris revelead:

https://i.imgur.com/Cv10iib.png

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:57 - 30 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Keir starmer would be more electable if he didn't act so entitled to the job of Prime Minister. He's like a fatter, uglier, faker David Cameron.

I think what you mean is that he is a complete non entity who apart from being a waste of skin , adds nothing to politics and couldn't challenge or debate his way out of a paper bag.

He's a nothing.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:41 - 31 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly are Boris’ worst lies and sleaze? The OP says Boris allowed someone else to pay for the refurbishment of the No. 10 apartment but that’s owned by the state, and it’s doubtful how much political leverage the sponsor could have bought. Boris previously likened the burkha to a post box, which might be disrespectful to some but it’s not far from the truth and hardly savage. The Number 10 tea breaks garden parties don’t seem to contravene the rules as applied to those people who continued to work on-site during lockdown. I’ve been no fan of the Tories but this looks like a left wing witch hunt in the absence of any credible policy opposition. Boris managed to move us away from Theresa May’s Brexit stalemate, and the UK Covid vaccination programme has been a triumph. The Lib Dems and Labour are a joke, which is a tragedy for voters, but why are they getting less media flak than the Conservatives in terms of electability? Currently the Tories are a shoe-in once again.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 01:33 - 31 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weisse Schlange wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

I think what you mean is that he is a complete non entity who apart from being a waste of skin , adds nothing to politics and couldn't challenge or debate his way out of a paper bag.

He's a nothing.

As a comedian on the radio said the other day. "On one hand you have a politician who has business meetings that look like parties... On the other hand, you have a politician who makes parties look like business meetings.".

I think what the press and the official opposition hate most is how little of a fuck people seem to give if they were having drinks parties in number 10 during lockdown. Everyone was doing it, they just kept it low key and didn't have Dominic Cummins ready to grass them up.

You'd have though his record in following lockdown and isolation rules being what it is, he wouldn't want the met poking about to see if any retrospective action needs to be taken.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:16 - 31 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
What exactly are Boris’ worst lies and sleaze? The OP says Boris allowed someone else to pay for the refurbishment of the No. 10 apartment but that’s owned by the state, and it’s doubtful how much political leverage the sponsor could have bought. Boris previously likened the burkha to a post box, which might be disrespectful to some but it’s not far from the truth and hardly savage. The Number 10 tea breaks garden parties don’t seem to contravene the rules as applied to those people who continued to work on-site during lockdown. I’ve been no fan of the Tories but this looks like a left wing witch hunt in the absence of any credible policy opposition. Boris managed to move us away from Theresa May’s Brexit stalemate, and the UK Covid vaccination programme has been a triumph. The Lib Dems and Labour are a joke, which is a tragedy for voters, but why are they getting less media flak than the Conservatives in terms of electability? Currently the Tories are a shoe-in once again.

Nobody cares about the parties. Those who care only care because it might lead to them getting power. See if those same people would agree that if it later transpires that a Labour MP had any kind of party then the Labour government should be booted out and it revert to Boris Wink

To be clear. They are fighting over a cattle prod and they want you to decide who gets to beat and shock you with it. I. Want. The. Power Laughing

BTW politician is one of the best paid unskilled jobs, especially for people with degrees in useless subjects Laughing

Keir found a beer and just had to drink it. And a takeaway randomly got delivered so he ate it. Not a party. Just a government job with beer and takeaway.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/01/14/14/52931699-10403057-image-a-9_1642171508100.jpg

TheRealSmiler
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 03:07 - 31 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Nobody cares about the parties. Those who care only care because it might lead to them getting power. See if those same people would agree that if it later transpires that a Labour MP had any kind of party then the Labour government should be booted out and it revert to Boris Wink

Think the majority of the general public understand that most of the country were having gatherings but they kept it hidden or weren't so blatant about it. The main issue is that BJ did it blatantly whilst giving out the order to stay separate. If you are a lower member of parliament you might get away with it however if you are the head of the state I.e Prime minister then you should be setting an example for all to see; plus held accountable if you do get caught.

The problem with this whole situation is it's likely nothing will happen and it will drag on whilst millions face higher living costs. Just so certain Mp's can get there two pence worth and not make a difference. I'm not normally political but whilst recovering I've been watching PM questions and most of the time it's just trying to score points instead of helping constituents; I.e doing the job they are paid for.

KiwiBob
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 13:01 - 31 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Its not about parties! .. Its about Johnson lying to parliament!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:54 - 31 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shock horror! Politician tells lies! Well, I never would have thought.
I'm more concerned at how his stupid green policies are going to leave thousands in poverty. And how he isn't making the most of our new-found independence. And how the Tories are doing little to fight back against woke ideology. The "party gate" thing just adds to the general distaste for the twat.
He did get us out of the EU, and he is now seemingly doing the right thing over putting the whole Covid thing in its proper place (although sacking thousands of NHS staff for not having the jab is questionable). But he won't be able to live on past glories forever, and sooner or later people will want to see these issues addressed.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 25 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good speech from Boris in Parliament today, having been vindicated. The civil servants can expect a deserved kicking backed by Sue Gray’s report. I didn’t vote Tory (never have, still not sure I could) but I loathe the current opposition. I think Boris has done well under hugely difficult circumstances, not least the fact that the official opposition isn’t Labour, it’s the Lefties embedded in the media and the civil service. Even an 80-seat majority seems to struggle against that unelected resistance. Radio 4 this evening pushing back (not simply reporting as you might hope) by saying it’s what Sue Gray’s report didn’t say that’s more important. Do go away! Starmer’s cross-country trip to meet new candidates and their mates looks shaky now.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:51 - 25 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but Boris is our most disappointing PM... since Teresa May Wink

Strange that Val's not around to crow about it. I'm assuming the pay checks have been disrupted due to the war special military action.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:38 - 26 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a Boris fan, there has to be better but Starmer, Wee willy and all the others aren't.

He signed up to get Brexit done and ended up with a pandemic, a war and a cost of living crisis. Whether you think he has done OK is a matter of opinion. Mine is he has done OK, many mistakes but it was the blind leading the blind at times.

Of course the red part of the country think he hasn't but even with partygate (which personally I couldn't care less about) his stock hasn't fallen therough the floor which says more about the opposition than Boris and the Torys.

Teflon Boris doesn't have the same ring as Teflon Tony but I can't think of a good appellation for him. I'm sure someone can though Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:17 - 26 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I'm not a Boris fan, there has to be better but Starmer, Wee willy and all the others aren't.

He signed up to get Brexit done and ended up with a pandemic, a war and a cost of living crisis. Whether you think he has done OK is a matter of opinion. Mine is he has done OK, many mistakes but it was the blind leading the blind at times.

Of course the red part of the country think he hasn't but even with partygate (which personally I couldn't care less about) his stock hasn't fallen therough the floor which says more about the opposition than Boris and the Torys.

Teflon Boris doesn't have the same ring as Teflon Tony but I can't think of a good appellation for him. I'm sure someone can though Laughing

I agree with this.

Bojo is a bit of a balloon but not nearly as as much of a Sneaky-Basty-Nastard as Tony the Tosser is. (T.B. Allowed/Encouraged state money to pay for Jesus Schools where their Science officer went wild in a Statement about Creation. And there was no fucking scandal kicked up about that. Gawd Botherin' Bampot.)

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:17 - 27 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

When those in power are being investigated and then water down the ministerial code it does make you wonder why anyone has the faith and trust to vote for them....or indeed work for them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:39 - 27 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
When those in power are being investigated and then water down the ministerial code it does make you wonder why anyone has the faith and trust to vote for them....or indeed work for them.

To abuse a footballing statement, You can only vote for what is in front of you.

There are no politicians at the moment that seem to have an ounce of credibility. I used to think Sunak was one of the best of a bad bunch but even he has been less than open about his buisness and personal dealings.

Is there a benevolent dictator in the house or shall we just vote for the woman with the biggest tits.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:20 - 28 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Howling Terror wrote:

To abuse a footballing statement, You can only vote for what is in front of you.

There are no politicians at the moment that seem to have an ounce of credibility. I used to think Sunak was one of the best of a bad bunch but even he has been less than open about his buisness and personal dealings.

Is there a benevolent dictator in the house or shall we just vote for the woman with the biggest tits.

I think a Big Tits Vote is equally as useful as one of them Tactical Votes.

My new approach to choosing who I want to represent me in parliament will be the one with the biggest tits.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:02 - 28 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
...the one with the biggest tits.

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/d5570b21efdb9bcb9de2b0539b9b25aa6ccfb25e/0_353_7007_4206/master/7007.jpg?width=465&quality=45&auto=format&fit=max&dpr=2&s=5e76b16ac5a2aa0ced0c282a903a5088

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:14 - 28 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Biggest and most worn out Vag too.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:08 - 29 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Sorry but Boris is our most disappointing PM... since Teresa May Wink

Strange that Val's not around to crow about it.

You miss me eh Laughing

I honestly don't know what to say about Boris.

There was two reasons I was giving the UK as an example of good democracy the fact that you do not need to produce ID when police stops you and the fact the politicians have the decency to resign when wrong.

Obviously the decency has gone forever. Johnson will never resign, but to add insult to the injury he changed the ministerial code so that he can save his own skin.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/boris-johnson-changes-ministerial-code-so-rule-breakers-can-avoid-sack-sz68nskxm

And I agree with you I never thought I will say that Theresa May was the last decent PM.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:02 - 29 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
And I agree with you I never thought I will say that Theresa May was the last decent PM.

She seemed to actually care about the job. Shame we only found out in her resignation speech.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:34 - 29 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:

Biggest and most worn out Vag too.

I could tighten it up fir her. Cool
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 304 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17