BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Triggerpoint

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:11 - 23 Jan 2022    Post subject: Triggerpoint Reply with quote

ITV Triggerpoint, anyone else watching this? only one episode so far. I much prefer when they release the lot in one go so you can binge watch the lot rather than waiting for another week to come around.

Enjoying so far.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:23 - 24 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I watched it, seems ok thus far

I'm on the fence about binge watching stuff, I binged stay close the other day and I feel it didn't have some of the suspense you get when you have to wait for the next episode.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:52 - 24 Jan 2022    Post subject: Re: Triggerpoint Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
ITV Triggerpoint, anyone else watching this?

I kept irritating my other half by shouting "BANG" very loudly every 5 minutes

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 19:30 - 24 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Utter garbage ... embarrassingly bad!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:00 - 25 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep wondering if the Military Type* is watching it, and if he is, whether he is muttering rudely about what's going on.

But I only saw him last weekend, so I'm not going to text him to ask him, otherwise he might think I like him too much Laughing

*reckons he was a bomb officer in the army

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:19 - 25 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I keep wondering if the Military Type* is watching it, and if he is, whether he is muttering rudely about what's going on.

But I only saw him last weekend, so I'm not going to text him to ask him, otherwise he might think I like him too much Laughing

*reckons he was a bomb officer in the army

Hmm.
I seem to recall you worrying like fuck about a Beau and refusing to text him 'case you looked keen !.
You not over that yet ?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:54 - 26 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm quite content with things as they stand right now.
Wink

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:04 - 27 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many female snippers and bomb disposal officers are there?

I'm just asking if it's woke crxp.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 01:52 - 27 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawakid wrote:
How many female snippers and bomb disposal officers are there?

I'm just asking if it's woke crxp.

you need to ask?

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:23 - 27 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes me laugh is how they make disarming simple devices look complicated. Virtually all the IED's I dealt with in the IDF were easily disarmed. There is no need to isolate and disable triggers and power sources if the explosive substance is easily accessible with the detonator sticking out of the top. Separate the explosive from the detonator and you make the device much safer. You can then disable the detonator/s without detonating the main explosive. I have come across a few complex devices, but these are rare and are usually disarmed by use of a disruptor device if a controlled detonation cannot be used. The most interesting bomb I encountered was an Italian 250kg WWII bomb that was found near Haifa refinery. Disarming that was a little sweaty.

One thing I did see wrong in the programme, other than the EOD officer's occasional stupidity, was their shit security around the scene. You never assume that there is only one device and you never, ever have more than the absolute minimum of people and vehicles anywhere near the scene. One of a terrorist's favourite tactics is to plant two or three bombs. The first is a decoy device, although usually still a viable device, that is designed to bring the security and emergency services to the scene, the other devices are planted near to where the cordon is expected to be set up in order to kill the responding units. Until the area has been thoroughly searched, especially the areas close to the cordon, you do not have everyone and has aunt wandering round the place like in the programme. The cordon for the device in the flat was a little bit close but not too much, but once the wearable was found then everyone other than the EOD officers should have been fucked off out of the way and a new cordon set up. Once that device was disarmed there should have been a thorough search of the area before anyone else is allowed close.

Feasty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:36 - 27 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have experience of how these things work in the security services, but seriously - would they really be able to disable a bomb then next minute kick back, turn the stereo up and chill wiv mates! Rolling Eyes

Or is it more likely they'd be attending de-briefing, further searches and keeping other emergency services informed of progress.

I found it amusing how 'wild' the cordon was, yet a police officer walking past bomb disposal on their 'break' asked the question could we move them yet - 'Yeah sure...'.
Have ITV lost the handle on realistic professional workplace practices!?
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:19 - 27 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feasty wrote:

Yeah but come on - is there anybody who has ever seen their profession portrayed in a TV drama who's actually thought, 'yes, that's just what it's like in real life'?

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:30 - 27 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feasty wrote:
I don't have experience of how these things work in the security services, but seriously - would they really be able to disable a bomb then next minute kick back, turn the stereo up and chill wiv mates! Rolling Eyes

Or is it more likely they'd be attending de-briefing, further searches and keeping other emergency services informed of progress.

I found it amusing how 'wild' the cordon was, yet a police officer walking past bomb disposal on their 'break' asked the question could we move them yet - 'Yeah sure...'.

I don't know about in the UK, but my experience is rather different. When I was with the IDF, EOD was my secondary role, my main role was that of combat engineer and almost all of the IED's I disarmed were left by enemy combatants and the whole area was an active combat zone. So the device was made safe and I carried on with whatever combat ops we were involved in when I found the device. This usually happened when we were clearing out tunnels and clearing fortifications ahead of the regular infantry. They were usually simple boobytrap IEDs and because of the situation, I disarmed them as quickly as possible and moved on.
When I transferred to the MAGAV, it was slightly different. The devices I dealt with were placed in civilian areas by terrorists. Once the device had been made safe the area became a crime scene and the forensics guys collected the device or what was left of it and carried out a fingertip search of the area. I would also be interviewed about anything I could tell them about the device that they may not be aware of to look for. I would then pack up my kit and head back to base for a debrief. This would also include updating our go-to notebook with anything new that I came across while disarming the device. All EOD officers keep a notebook of the devices they disarm. This way we can note any pattern and similarities in devices to help find who is making them and it also helps as a reference if we come across any more sophisticated devices. After that I re-equip our vehicle and if I am still on-shift carry on what I was doing before. If my shift was over, I went home.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:47 - 31 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost interest when that robot pushed that long wheelbased van out of the way on a gravel road, with its hand brake on ffs.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:45 - 31 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's better than quite a lot of the other shite that's on. Enjoying it so far.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:53 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

martin734 wrote:
What makes me laugh is how they make disarming simple devices look complicated. Virtually all the IED's I dealt with in the IDF were easily disarmed. There is no need to isolate and disable triggers and power sources if the explosive substance is easily accessible with the detonator sticking out of the top. Separate the explosive from the detonator and you make the device much safer. .

Amd what if the detonator is holding a push to break switch down which is buried in the explosive?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 56 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1