Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

When Mexican beer attacks! Corona Virus

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:31 - 24 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bit like boiling frogs, if it's all you've ever known you'll know no different. You'll just sit there and happily boil to death.

Same as as folk in their 30s and 40s who didn't have a 2 stroke will have no idea about why they were good. Same as folk who haven't a license yet will ride electric bikes but have no idea about petrol ones.

And folk who've never ridden will just have no idea or care.

Manual boxes on cars will be the next to quietly shuffle off, the same way manual chokes did.

But for me to make the jump from that (inevitable progress) to where we all live in an AI ruled world is just a stoners leap too far from reality.

Possible - yes
Probable - no.

I'll be pushing daisies before we get to that, thank god.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:34 - 24 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have all the answers but I think it's clear the way things have worked thus far is showing some serious deficiencies and flaws.

If you have everyone's gene information, that's a start, and we can eradicate all sorts of diseases, and bring in cloning technology.
There are climate change concerns which mean that trad models on how to live, i.e. going out and about and trying to gather up surplus resources to get a mate and reproduce, are uneconomic and inefficient. Gene editing tech makes this tech obsolete, i.e. we'll be able to dial in height, intelligence, muscle power, etc. in a clone, if we want. The amount of food and other resources consumed is unsustainable. Do you need steak and bananas to get protein and potassium when these nutrients can be manufactured for you in a consumable packet for a tiny fraction of the cost? We've got GMO food crops that can be grown without natural light or soil, and provide huge amounts of nutrition - much more than enough for everyone.

Regarding the economy and who's going to to do the work - in the short-term that's no problem. There are short-term patches and fixes, e.g. immigration, religions (exploiting irrationality to create more and more "morlocks" regardless of living conditions), wars (local survival threats creating resource procurement), etc. which will drive people to produce stuff and create economic activity. When they are forced to transact using the same govt-issued social credits linked CBDC that can be issued according to need, decayed, withheld etc. as per requirements, this will sustain those who are a part of the interim experimental period as the digital existence is being developed. It will only work in the short-term, but it will work.

The priority I would advocate for right now is to offline as many people as possible from the old world. 8 or 9 billion people is way too many, in a world in which there are GM foods and environmental/climate problems. An AI definitely wouldn't need that many flesh suits. For the moment, if we can just collect data from offlining people, even if we don't know what to do with it, on things like eye movements or brain activity in response to different stimuli or news, we will be in a better position in the future to input this data into an AI world governance model. Participants, in the immediate to near future sustained by UBI and social credits, will be grateful to be a part of this experiment and a part of technological progress.

Ultimately, what I see this leading towards is a future in which humanoids are jacked in, useful and know exactly what's most effective and direct, etc. as the eyes, ears and hands of a super-intelligence. All kinds of enjoyments and enhancements which aren't widely available right now will be available to us. Boost your senses, boost your strength, boost your intellectual power, have access to the sensory input of other beings, etc. Activity and coordination directed by AI.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:09 - 24 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Now you're howling at the moon.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:13 - 24 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a bit like what a certain German dictator had in mind.....

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:13 - 24 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

So no romance. Powdered food, warfare, genocide and human vivisection, after which the survivors happily download their minds and destroy their flesh to escape the misery and return to some semblance of normality, albeit virtual. All deliberately engineered by a global Illuminati. You should write a screenplay.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:29 - 24 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall mentioning anything about a global Illuminati or anyone being forced to do anything. Care to tell us more about that one?

It's just going to happen - nothing to do with me. It can happen slowly and painfully or we can embrace it. The "when" is unclear but it's close.

The food won't be as grim as you think btw.

https://www.3dsourced.com/guides/3d-printed-food/

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:01 - 24 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
I don't recall mentioning anything about a global Illuminati or anyone being forced to do anything. Care to tell us more about that one?

It's just going to happen - nothing to do with me. It can happen slowly and painfully or we can embrace it. The "when" is unclear but it's close.

Ah Soylent Green. Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:06 - 24 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Are you really not seeing this?
Quote:
When they are forced to transact using the same govt-issued social credits linked CBDC that can be issued according to need, decayed, withheld etc. as per requirements,

Quote:
much higher goal postulated by futurists,

Quote:
slave-like oppressive social structure to efficiently produce high tech stuff.

Quote:
How to get: you have to use strategic means to make other people dig them out of the ground, and then you take them out of the hands of those people.

Quote:
it's a staged, contained, conventional conflict (i.e. that's the plan).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:20 - 24 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I see what you mean but I don't think this is something that's going to be brought about by an organised shadowy elite of human beings. It's more likely to be the case that a technological solution will be presented by experts to a committee, who will pass this on to a decision-maker, who'll evaluate it by comparing it with his area of responsibility. For example, the CBDC idea is considered by the Chancellor. In his box, he looks at the pros and cons, compares it with the alternatives, then decides to go ahead with it. Same with social credits, etc. We're still in the legacy system of national governments and political parties, foreign relations and the balance of power. Therefore, the govt will frame every tech advance in the context of NATO's strategic planning (led by USA), Britain's interests and access to resources, GDP, then down to social cohesion, popularity, etc. As China already has it, and much more besides (including human gene editing), we'll get all this. So I don't expect a dastardly plan, but rather the system itself is drawing us to these solutions. The interim period may be "interesting" at times, but we'll end up in a nice place. The digital world will keep people happy and hopeful while the world is reorganised. Just what I expect.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:21 - 24 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd call that a dystopian future. It'd make a good science fiction novel.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:11 - 24 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Bhud wrote:

I've nothing against eating processed humans or thedm eating me when I'm dead. What's the problem?

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:20 - 24 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Islander wrote:

I've nothing against eating processed humans or thedm eating me when I'm dead. What's the problem?

Oh I dunno...

https://youtu.be/FZa1R4yM8f8

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:30 - 24 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, the 'furniture' in Soylant Green was very very nice.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5a/5a/aa/5a5aaad7b52cd143e06ab943935c9385.jpg

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:36 - 24 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not an expert on A.I. but as far as wide scale, world altering use we currently have Cloud resource management which is definitely a positive and Social Media which is literal mind poison.

One all draw so far Wink

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:44 - 24 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll consider allowing AI to rule my life a considerable time after we can make a fucking printer that functions properly.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:46 - 24 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think using one is bad - try navigating the HP site to find a fix for one that isn't working.

Or having to explain to someone that although it's 1 month out of 1 year warranty, it's got no replaceable parts and even if it did - the labour costs would still render it uneconomical to fix.

The problem i'm finding with IT of late is that it's gone full circle again and always back to the thing where the thing it was meant to make easier has made it ultimately less useable and more complicated.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 01:11 - 25 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:

The problem i'm finding with IT of late is that it's gone full circle again and always back to the thing where the thing it was meant to make easier has made it ultimately less useable and more complicated.

Amen. An everyday example. I want to submit a sample of dogshit to see if the dog has campylobacter and/or salmonella because its owner insists on feeding it a raw diet and can't see why this might give it diarrhoea. There are two labs I could use.

Clinical pathology lab A. I have to go onto a computer and navigate to their website. I need to log in to that website. So I need to go and find a book where the log in is written down because whoever made the login bought into the random alphanumeric password thing.

Having done that, I need to navigate to the section where I have to register the patient and type in all the patient details on a form. Having done that, I then need to do a search through their test menu. Only it doesn't show you a list of tests, you have to start typing it in and if what you think the test is called is the same thing as they decided to call it, it'll come up. You then submit the form and a .pdf pops up that you print out and put into the sample packaging.

The sample packaging is an origami box thing you have to fold up.

Clinical pathology lab B. Has supplied me with a stack of pre-printed submission forms. I stick a label with the animals details on which is produced by out clinical database software. The form has all the commonly used tests listed on it. I tick the one I want and put the sample in the post. If it's not on the list, I can look up their test code in a catalogue or (what I actually do) write the test I want on the form and they work it out. If they're not sure what I mean, they call me and ask.

The sample packaging is pre-addressed jiffy bags.

The sales rep from lab A can't understand why I don't use them. I keep telling him it's mainly because their electronic submission system is slower and more difficult to use. Real world about 5 minutes longer, but I will send more than one sample in a working day, three samples and I could have seen another client. He keeps offering to give me training in how to use it. I keep telling him I know full well how to use it but it's been designed to make the labs job easier, not the customers.

Aha, he says, but our results come through on an App as soon as they are complete. Yes, says I, which I have to find, log into, search for the animal and look at. The other lab sends me an email with all the results on it when they're ready.

I have challenged him to a race for who can get a sample pot packaged up with the submission form and in the post first. And who can access the results the fastest. He will not take me on.

EDIT: Also, poo sample pots don't fit properly in the origami box thing so you land up wrapping it in sticky tape so it can't spring open in the post.

Last edited by stinkwheel on 01:51 - 25 Jan 2022; edited 1 time in total

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:22 - 25 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't worry stinkwheel, it won't be a problem in another 8 years when we all own virtual dogs, and Mother picks up and analyses all the dogshit.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 01:48 - 25 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:
don't worry stinkwheel, it won't be a problem in another 8 years when we all own virtual dogs, and Mother picks up and analyses all the dogshit.

Perhaps I'll have to start repairing electric sheep?

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:48 - 25 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. The old Vodafone site was like that. Complex random password. Infinite remember password history. 2 wrongs = lockout. New 20 character pwd sent by email but their Web form didn't let you paste into it. Captcha secured site. If you got the Captcha wrong it forgot the password and then locked you out. Off you go back to the beginning.

"Why are you leaving us"

Oh yeah we have to use the site and we hate it too .....

Utter madness.

Can't wait fir the horror stories in the papers when 2nd hand electric cars are saying NO because firmware is out of date or incompatible with an updated charging point. Or when the car just blue screens and has a total hissE fit.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:36 - 25 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:

Utter madness.

Can't wait fir the horror stories in the papers when 2nd hand electric cars are saying NO because firmware is out of date or incompatible with an updated charging point. Or when the car just blue screens and has a total hissE fit.

Friend has just scrapped a perfectly good 10 year old Saab convertible worth about £3000 because computer says 'key not recognised'.
He already spent about £200 on new key and sender thing but the problem is beyond there connecting to car computer.
It wasn't even possible to close the windows to keep weather out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:51 - 25 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
duhawkz wrote:

As long as you don't start dreaming about them.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:08 - 25 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

As long as you don't start dreaming about them.

Very droll, you two.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:50 - 25 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to Covid and politics...

Neil Young demands Spotify remove his music over Joe Rogan vaccine misinformation

The Guardian of course cite the original "270 medical professionals" letter which has already been discredited.

What is this? Last week we sang from thy hymn sheet but people didn't hear us so now we must shout the lyrics?!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:22 - 25 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Back to Covid and politics

Good idea!!
stinkwheel wrote:
electric sheep

https://i.imgur.com/08F6fZ3.png

Neutral
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 63 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 68 of 71