Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:31 - 23 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you load the account into Outlook and then extract it / view it sensibly there?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 18:17 - 23 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
Can't you load the account into Outlook and then extract it / view it sensibly there?
Dunno, never used outlook. I try to avoid using any microsoft products where possible. The probably have it on the work computers.

Ste wrote:
https://www.google.com/search?q=print+google+calendar

Can't do a full year though. Can't even display a full year on screen.

It's ok. Looks like it'll be quicker and easier to just colour in a year planner. I could've done it in the time I've spent looking already.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:55 - 23 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can barely use Outlook myself, and I now have to wrangle it on a regular basis for these damn meetings Laughing

I proper fucked up my first big meeting last week by sending them all some sort of a fucked-up link where I had to keep letting them all in, but fortunately the CEOs PA had sent out a link which rescued things.

Not a fan of electronic planners, I seem to have screen-blindness in terms of comprehending what I am looking at. I have a big silver A4 diary that I just write everything in. I'm going to have to get to grips with the damn thing, as this new job is full of meetings, its what I do now, eeek, LOL

But I do like the helpfulness of things reminding me "don't forget you have a meeting in 10 minutes" - I can remember to get the coffee and go for a wee beforehand, and make sure all my pencils are sharpened Laughing So I *do* wish I could get the hang of doing Outlook/Google calendars better. No doubt that time when I have to, is rushing ever closer Laughing Shifty

And yet conversely, booking the Italian Shrink's patients in that version of Outlook is easy #-peasy. So I know it can't be *that* difficult. Rolling Eyes

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:24 - 23 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

8 months rather than the full 12?

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:31 - 23 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

It's ok. Looks like it'll be quicker and easier to just colour in a year planner. I could've done it in the time I've spent looking already.

Which is what I've got. "But it's last years and the days are wrong"

Yeah but the dates aren't - a loose reminder is fine.

Although the important stuff is in Outlook either way

Edit: shiny wall planner and a dry wipe marker is all you need. Too old to argue with tech sometimes

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:51 - 25 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm grinding my own gears lately.
I can't seem to get dates correct.

I got a 2-day photoshoot job notification last week, and it was in my head as 26/27 January, so I booked myself in and out of work, all hunky dory, everyone knows when I am off etc.

Got home last night, decided to just check something about where the shoot is - and suddenly ... the dates jump out of the page at me, 25th and 26th.

So, today then.
Mad panic to find clean clothes Shocked

I even had a message yesterday from the booker reminding me to do a Lateral Flow test "today for tomorrow's shoot" - to which I responded, and it still didn't sink in.

Probably I need to get to grips with that electronic diary thing Laughing

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:44 - 25 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

I got a 2-day photoshoot job notification last week, and it was in my head as 26/27 January, so I booked myself in and out of work, all hunky dory, everyone knows when I am off etc.

Got home last night, decided to just check something about where the shoot is - and suddenly ... the dates jump out of the page at me, 25th and 26th.

So, today then.
Mad panic to find clean clothes Shocked

I even had a message yesterday from the booker reminding me to do a Lateral Flow test "today for tomorrow's shoot" - to which I responded, and it still didn't sink in.

Probably I need to get to grips with that electronic diary thing Laughing
Paper diaries are the future. I actually go out and buy one each year now that work doesn't supply them (paperless innit), much more reliable than anything electronic.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:12 - 25 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

See, what you need is a shiny wall planner and a dry wipe marker... Wink

hellkat wrote:
I got a 2-day photoshoot job notification last week

Never having done a photoshoot job in my life, I'm fascinated... do tell?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:07 - 25 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, today I might have chopped a few healthy-looking tomatoes, smiled gladsomely and, errr, sat on a sofa and looked at my phone, possibly at a health and wellbeing app, whilst drinking a cup of tea Shifty

Tomorrow, however, I have to go and stand out in the cold at Connaught Water for a few hours ( Shocked ) and pretend to do star-jumps/go jogging, eek.
That oughta grind a few gears.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:45 - 25 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:

Never having done a photoshoot job in my life, I'm fascinated... do tell?

Does ending up as the library video used by htv West whenever the dwp went on strike count?

Technically I was breaking the law at.the time because I worked in Bath and not at Eagle House in Bristol where i was filmed so was a flying picket.....

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:11 - 25 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Well, today I might have chopped a few healthy-looking tomatoes, smiled gladsomely and, errr, sat on a sofa and looked at my phone, possibly at a health and wellbeing app, whilst drinking a cup of tea Shifty

Tomorrow, however, I have to go and stand out in the cold at Connaught Water for a few hours ( Shocked ) and pretend to do star-jumps/go jogging, eek.

Aye aye, very good.

How did the photo shoot go is what folk want to know.

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:17 - 25 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Please tell me this is a photo shoot again lol ?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:02 - 26 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it didn't actually grind any gears, oddly enough.
Took the bike, too! Which was nice.
Bit brisk but otherwise at least it wasn't raining.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:39 - 26 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have to go and stand out in the cold at Connaught Water for a few hours ( Shocked ) and pretend to do star-jumps/go jogging, eek.

The mind boggles! I hope someone is paying you for it, and not just taking nip pics... Laughing Laughing Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:08 - 26 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

All things considered, they've Looked After me very well.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:11 - 26 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Does ending up as the library video used by htv West whenever the dwp went on strike count?

Technically I was breaking the law at.the time because I worked in Bath and not at Eagle House in Bristol where i was filmed so was a flying picket.....

For some reason, I imagined you being on the roof of Strangeways Prison. Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:28 - 26 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Quote:
I have to go and stand out in the cold at Connaught Water for a few hours ( Shocked ) and pretend to do star-jumps/go jogging, eek.

The mind boggles! I hope someone is paying you for it, and not just taking nip pics... Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm pretty sure that the demon kitty would prance around nekkid if the 'director' said it had artistic value.

And if money was involved...

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:21 - 27 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why everyone's got it in for furries. I'm not one myself, and this forum is pretty good as it's been a live-and-let-live sort of place when it comes to furries. However, out there in the world, people don't like 'em to the extent that they say they're a sign that the end of the world is nigh. Journalists have even coined fake stories about schools in America bowing to the needs of "furry" self-identifying pupils. Why have furries become the antithesis of Jordan Peterson-style traditionalism in today's world? They're aren't harming anyone. Besides, everyone like furry animals. I've got a theory but it's half-baked so I don't want to share it. Just seems unfair though. Furries: proper grassroots subculture. Seems like punks, in the 80s. Plus some of them can really ride (found a Youtube channel by one - again, not me).

https://nypost.com/2022/01/26/school-boss-debunks-rumor-that-they-provided-kitty-litter-for-furries/

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:03 - 27 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
I don't understand why everyone's got it in for furries. I'm not one myself, and this forum is pretty good as it's been a live-and-let-live sort of place when it comes to furries. However, out there in the world, people don't like 'em to the extent that they say they're a sign that the end of the world is nigh. Journalists have even coined fake stories about schools in America bowing to the needs of "furry" self-identifying pupils. Why have furries become the antithesis of Jordan Peterson-style traditionalism in today's world? They're aren't harming anyone. Besides, everyone like furry animals. I've got a theory but it's half-baked so I don't want to share it. Just seems unfair though. Furries: proper grassroots subculture. Seems like punks, in the 80s. Plus some of them can really ride (found a Youtube channel by one).

https://nypost.com/2022/01/26/school-boss-debunks-rumor-that-they-provided-kitty-litter-for-furries/

I think ppl have their suspicions that the mindset of furries is similar to the mindset of paedophiles. There's also the conflation with bestiality. Not saying that line of thinking is correct; we live in a world of misconceptions.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:07 - 27 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's fucked up. Yeah, that line of thinking is definitely incorrect. I am sort of keen on animals, and not discriminatory as to farm animal vs wild animal vs pet. However, just from looking up the furry phenomenon online, it seems to be a bunch of adults going to conventions and, erm... identifying as nicer things than humans. I could totally get that. Haven't found anything yet about some paedo dressing up in a fursuit to prey on kids.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:55 - 27 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
I don't understand why everyone's got it in for furries. I'm not one myself, and this forum is pretty good as it's been a live-and-let-live sort of place when it comes to furries.

You're not a furry or is it really that you don't see yourself as a furry because you've got a mursuit rather than a fursuit?

You can tell us, we're open minded.

Have you decided on a name for your fursona?

Rain

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:02 - 27 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.google.com/search?q=mursona
https://www.google.com/search?q=fursona

All good but I still see no good reason to kick 'em in the balls. Each to their own. The anger, though. The ANGER. Evil or Very Mad

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 02:11 - 27 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I learnt that Bhud is a closeted furry.

Maybe Bhud is also one of the dragon people. Question

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:16 - 27 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the fuck should I know? Razz At least give me a couple of days to research what I am. I came up with this:

https://firstlaw.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_People

Don't think so. Not furry enough.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 02:25 - 27 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not those people.

The dragon people I'm referring to are dragonkin.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 62 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
Page 67 of 176