Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

When Mexican beer attacks! Corona Virus

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:32 - 27 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is interesting...

Last living signer of Canadian constitutional charter of rights sues government over COVID travel ban

Apologies for the Fox link but hardly anyone seems to want to touch this story probably because it's an iceberg. On the surface it's a challenge to a specific edict from the federal government but under the water is a commentary on how the whole of old-skool democracy in Canada has been slowly dismantled over the last few decades - even prior to Covid - and this case might begin to shift things away from authoritarian rule.

In the UK we should count ourselves fortunate that our government is so useless or this could be us Shocked

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:59 - 27 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is becoming more obvious that being vaccinated does not stop people from getting Covid and does not stop them from spreading it,

Worthwhile to suppress its worst effects though. People can bitch all they like in hindsight but at the start there was a possibility that this was ‘the one’ we’ve been expecting, and taking precautions was wise even if the chosen precautions were moot. They’d have bitched if it hadn’t been taken seriously. They’d have bitched if they’d been described a cheapo anti-parasite treatment. Mistakes may have been made but it’s been a useful rehearsal. We’ve emerged without the ‘Great Reset’ the idiots had forecast.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:08 - 27 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made the mistake of having a cough at work today. Lost six hours pay after being essentially forced to finish my shift
after just two hours to go and get a corona test, which I might add came up negative, so just a cough then. Who's going to
pay me for the 6 hours pay I lost just to satisfy their paranoia?? I have actually had a nasty case of CV19 and the difference
between that and the mild cold I'm currently experiencing couldn't be much further apart. Good job I don't need the money
or I'd be kicking right off about this at work. And I'm still unjabbed btw.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:36 - 27 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
We’ve emerged without the ‘Great Reset’ the idiots had forecast.

Premature.
However the indoctrinated stooges they have placed in Governments in many nations have toned it down after all the negative publicity.
Macron, Trudeau and Arden excepted
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:55 - 29 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
We’ve emerged without the ‘Great Reset’ the idiots had forecast.

Premature.
However the indoctrinated stooges they have placed in Governments in many nations have toned it down after all the negative publicity.
Macron, Trudeau and Arden excepted

It's in the process of being rebranded, working title "The Great Reset 2.0 - The Great Narrative" Shocked It's like Hitler coming straight out with "gas the Others" in 1930.

Remember: "You will own nothing and be happy" is not a prediction it's a threat.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:15 - 29 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Remember: "You will own nothing and be happy" is not a prediction it's a threat.

©️Bhud (2022)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:08 - 29 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah - people are all up in arms and angry about nothing.
There will be private property but it will have to run concurrently with a parallel system. The political driver for the new technological future is actually the price of property.

Zoopla says the average UK property price based on sales in the last month is £329291.

A huge swathe of the population here simply isn't cut out for the needs of the 21st century economy. This is because we can't compete with the tech education and innovation of the likes of Silicon Valley or Singapore. That's not 100% down to policy but has a lot to do with only being able to play the hand you've been dealt. How exactly do you offline those people who think "Hi, can I take your order" is a sufficiently productive skill to allow them to reasonably get a mortgage, start a family, have holidays, etc.? You can't, without remodeling the entire system. So you have them doing things they can do, such as online gaming to earn "bux". The only chance we've got comes in the form of leapfrog tech.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:20 - 29 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I made the mistake of having a cough at work today. Lost six hours pay after being essentially forced to finish my shift
after just two hours to go and get a corona test,.

I did kick off about this in the end, there's supposed to be testing facilities at work which I've yet to see in use
since starting there. Upon my return to work the following day I was dragged into the office for a return to work
interview as if I had just gone sick mid shift. This pissed me off as I was sent home, I didn't just decide to leave the
premises. After a little argument about this, I will be getting paid for the entire shift and the absence won't be on my record.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:54 - 29 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

How very hard to explain
https://rairfoundation.com/revealed-uk-statisticians-find-massive-death-spike-during-covid-vaccine-campaigns/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:31 - 29 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unreadable plots interpreted by a psychologist.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 19:58 - 29 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:

Not all that hard really.

Vaccination campaigns also co-incided with huge spikes in infection rates. Particularly the "1st jab" in the elderly which was December, January, Febuary 2020/21 during the big Delta spike. Remember? Christmas was cancelled etc.

The bulk of 80 and 90 year olds received their first jab during that period but would have had no protection from it for the first week or two. So which is more likely. That the death spike was caused by the vaccine or the virus?

Of course, as a good statistician, he'd have adjusted for infection rates?

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:25 - 03 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denmark ends all restrictions including isolation after positive test - because the omicron strain(s) are no worse than common cold.
https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/denmark-lifts-all-covid-19-travel-restrictions-becoming-first-eu-country-to-do-so/

They have a very high rate at the moment but hospitals are seeing minimal challenge and the wave is expected to be done by mid-February.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:30 - 03 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
Denmark ends all restrictions including isolation after positive test - because the omicron strain(s) are no worse than common cold.
https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/denmark-lifts-all-covid-19-travel-restrictions-becoming-first-eu-country-to-do-so/

They have a very high rate at the moment but hospitals are seeing minimal challenge and the wave is expected to be done by mid-February.

Otoh, Macron has closed France's borders to all those who don't have their vaccines up to date.
Who wants to go to France anyway? Laughing
Going to get tricky for the EU if the individual countries keep setting their own policies I would think.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 19:46 - 03 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Going to get tricky for the EU if the individual countries keep setting their own policies I would think.

Yes, I thought the policy was to insist on duty charges and customs checks at the border if they aren't going to allow free movement of people.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:48 - 03 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
doggone wrote:

Otoh, Macron has closed France's borders to all those who don't have their vaccines up to date.
Who wants to go to France anyway? Laughing

No different from the stupidity of England, Wales, Scotland and NI doing the same.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:54 - 03 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

No different from the stupidity of England, Wales, Scotland and NI doing the same.

Yep, stupidity is a universal quality Laughing
But what I was referring to was specifically EU stupidity. Or French stupidity. Or at least confusion. Dealing with our own brand is something to be done independently of EU countries now Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:10 - 03 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure that macrons directive affect French citizens as much as the rest of the Eu so freedom for non nationals aren't discriminatory.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:45 - 03 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Pretty sure that macrons directive affect French citizens as much as the rest of the Eu so freedom for non nationals aren't discriminatory.

Oh well, that's alright then! Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:42 - 03 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:

The grift is over. All thanks to the tireless work of our own Dear Leader*

All hail Boris, the destroyer of diktats, the eradicator of edicts, liquidator of lockdowns, erm... mangler of mandates!

*Nip down the off-licence for us, there's a good chap!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:19 - 03 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purveyor of partys?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:15 - 16 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember when Covid19 was Racist?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/27/structural-racism-led-to-worse-covid-impact-on-bame-groups-report

Well, in an interesting turn up for the books:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/bulletins/coronaviruscovid19caseratesbysociodemographiccharacteristicsengland/1september2020to10december2021

Last year Covid particularly picked on:
Arrow White Christians
Arrow With material wealth
Arrow In good jobs

I await the damning structural racism report from the Govt any time soon Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:00 - 16 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of that LBC interview where the bird was going "so why mask mandates?" and the Labour guys was "mah feels" Sad

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:30 - 24 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Public health Scotland is hiding statistics on the jab deaths because they don't like how it looks and they still haven't removed restrictions like those down south have.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:55 - 24 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jmoan wrote:
Public health Scotland is hiding statistics on the jab deaths because they don't like how it looks and they still haven't removed restrictions like those down south have.

Not politically convenient.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:31 - 24 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really strange.

I don't know of anyone who died from being jabbed, but I know of a few people who died of Covid and a few that were hospitalised.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 58 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 70 of 71