Been scammed on FB - what next?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:47 - 29 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
It was a right PITA last time I needed to give my address to someone on eBay because as you say, they block addresses and phone numbers.
I had to describe my address to them rather than give it in the traditional format. Rolling Eyes

Very odd...

The only time recently I've sold a collection-only item on eBay was a fridge-freezer in November; I listed it as cash on collection only; the guy turned up to my home, gave me the cash and took it away, end of story. But I've just looked back at the eBay messages I exchanged with him and I can see one from the buyer asking for my address, however I can't see my reply in which I provided it! Looks like eBay have removed it, but it begs the question how the buyer received it in the first place! I definitely didn't need to go through any shenanigans to send him the address (I had no idea it might even be an issue)

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:22 - 29 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about it, I've sold plenty of other things on eBay that have been collected since the occasion when eBay messages was being stupid.

Think about it more, that was actually about 7 or 8 years ago now. Laughing

SpiritMr89
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 03:12 - 10 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid reason why I only buy cash and face to face.

Any scammer will guickly say it has been sold, when you want too meet up.

Had one last year for a 300tdi head. Said he'd 'send it, blah blah blah.' He finally gave up, drove nearly 200mile after a getting up at 2am for a 12hr shift.
Turns out he'd never taken it off.

Few words and he steipped it off his engine there and then, whilst grumbling.

On the groups. Turned out loads of people had bought that head. Amd never seen it. Me driving to nearly the Scotish boarder, stopped the ads.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 66 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2