BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The Mason Greenwood case.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 10:18 - 04 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to the civil court guilt, the only penalty is having to pay compensation. If this person should be given the benefit of the doubt because it's balance of probabilies and not proved, shouldn't the same be done with Andy, assuming he loseshis civil case?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:50 - 04 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about anyone else but in my youth I have woken up next to a girl I can't for the life of me remember getting into bed with and by the look on her face, she couldn't either.

Perhaps I was raped. Or perhaps I raped her. Or most likely two drunken kids had a bit of rumpty tumty and enjoyed it even if they can't remember it the next day.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:56 - 04 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I don't know about anyone else but in my youth I have woken up next to a girl I can't for the life of me remember getting into bed with and by the look on her face, she couldn't either.

Perhaps I was raped. Or perhaps I raped her. Or most likely two drunken kids had a bit of rumpty tumty and enjoyed it even if they can't remember it the next day.

Me too. In my adult life I have also woken up next to the missus on occasion and not been able to remember going to bed. I think the point here however is that the girl in question was so drunk that she couldn't communicate her view, whereas the bloke was sober enough to perform.

Put yourself in the girl's position - literally. If you woke to find a professional footballer balls-deep in your 'arris, how would you feel? Likewise if you woke the morning after to find your arse like a blood-orange and farting bubbles?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:15 - 04 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

If the woman was too drunk to give consent, is that a defence one could use generally in Scotland if an accusation of rape is made by someone who has had 'a few too many'? Surely the test must be whether consent is freely given, not how much someone has had to drink? If the latter, any drunk who passes out becomes a potential 'funfair', and that can't be right in a civilised society...

My point was that the evidence was clearly too thin to have any certainty of reaching the burden of proof for a criminal conviction in this case. It's a he-said, she-said situation. Shaky ground and I'm going out on a limb here and saying he denies it.

Wasn't my main point though. My main point is he has been convicted and punished. At what point after this is he allowed to work? What should he be allowed to do? Especially when he does not have a criminal convicion for the offence.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:55 - 04 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have footballers always been this rapey? Or did I miss the Georgie Best episode of #MeToo?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:24 - 04 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Have footballers always been this rapey? Or did I miss the Georgie Best episode of #MeToo?

It's not just footballers is it. We have drink spiking, grooming, boys and girls who aren't sure if they are. Trans everything. Being gay is a good thing and everything else that has pretty well fucked kids heads under the guise of being inclusive.

Blue and car toys for boys. Pink and dollies for girls until they are old enough and sensible enough to make informed decisions.

I don't say that will cure all ills but bringing a lad up to understand that women are to be looked after and not someting to be fearful of might go a long way to eradicating this total clusterfuck we have now.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:41 - 04 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was in the news again.From other reports it was a civil judge not a jury that decided he was guilty.

Quote:
“Should Mr Goodwillie enter the stadium, we will consider the contract to have been breached and we will take immediate steps to terminate it.

“In addition, we have informed Clyde FC that the council intends not to renew the lease with the club when the contract for the use of Broadwood Stadium expires in May 2023.

“The council utterly condemns all and any violence towards, or abuse of, women. The council believes in rehabilitation, and has services which provide this.

Another scottish council full of little bigots that have misplaced their equality law.

Diggs wrote:
I think the point here however is that the girl in question was so drunk that she couldn't communicate her view, whereas the bloke was sober enough to perform.

Yeah but even the dead get stiffys ....... :Shocked:

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:23 - 07 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Diggs wrote:

If the woman was too drunk to give consent, is that a defence one could use generally in Scotland if an accusation of rape is made by someone who has had 'a few too many'? Surely the test must be whether consent is freely given, not how much someone has had to drink? If the latter, any drunk who passes out becomes a potential 'funfair', and that can't be right in a civilised society...

My point was that the evidence was clearly too thin to have any certainty of reaching the burden of proof for a criminal conviction in this case. It's a he-said, she-said situation. Shaky ground and I'm going out on a limb here and saying he denies it.

Wasn't my main point though. My main point is he has been convicted and punished. At what point after this is he allowed to work? What should he be allowed to do? Especially when he does not have a criminal convicion for the offence.

The unfortunately named Goodwilly guy can work, but the employer must be willing to employ somebody with a reputation, and Val McD as a sponsor, is allowed to resist employing a hearsay rapist, even if he genuinely has a goodwilly between his legs these days.

I think he might need to wait for the Bill Cosby Rovers to be formed before he'll ever set foot on a pitch as a professional.

There's nothing preventing him getting a job working with vulnerable people.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:44 - 08 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Well, it would be normal practice to holds some sort of a trial first.

Surely a kangaroo court counts as a trial?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:01 - 09 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Quote:

Well, it would be normal practice to holds some sort of a trial first.

Surely a kangaroo court counts as a trial?

Are kangaroos very naughty?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:03 - 09 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are kangaroos very naughty?

Natural shoplifters.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:04 - 09 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

...whereas the T Rex was rubbish.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 47 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2