Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I just choked a very nice rum across the boat...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:55 - 12 Mar 2022    Post subject: I just choked a very nice rum across the boat... Reply with quote

Saudi Arabia executes 81 men in one day.

Really. Does that sort of thing go on nowadays, whoever they are?

OR

Is that what to do with terrorists, traitors and IS bastards?

Who's right, softy leftie west or totalitarian states who don't give a sh1t about whining western winnies and just dispose of humans like so much flotsam?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-60722057

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:31 - 12 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing it's not your first drink of the evening Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:58 - 12 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I'm guessing it's not your first drink of the evening Laughing

You are right, but the question still stands

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:19 - 12 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably an opportune moment with everyone focussed on Ukraine.

Quote:
Saudi Arabia has one of the highest execution rates in the world - fifth in a list compiled by Amnesty International, the other four being China, Iran, Egypt and Iraq.

The USA is next in the list, keeping some interesting company. That ought to be embarrassing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:00 - 13 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question has to be 'why are we being told this today?'. What do our media overlords seek to gain by feeding us plebs with this nugget at this point in time?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:43 - 13 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
The question has to be 'why are we being told this today?'.

Because it should beheadline news.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:05 - 13 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Diggs wrote:
The question has to be 'why are we being told this today?'.

Because it should beheadline news.

Now that made me laugh out loud. Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:55 - 13 Mar 2022    Post subject: Re: I just choked a very nice rum across the boat... Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Saudi Arabia executes 81 men in one day.

Really. Does that sort of thing go on nowadays, whoever they are?

OR

Is that what to do with terrorists, traitors and IS bastards?

Who's right, softy leftie west or totalitarian states who don't give a sh1t about whining western winnies and just dispose of humans like so much flotsam?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-60722057

How many of them were motorcycle thieves?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:06 - 13 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the upside,
https://www.arabnews.com/node/2041311/saudi-arabia

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:59 - 14 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
The question has to be 'why are we being told this today?'. What do our media overlords seek to gain by feeding us plebs with this nugget at this point in time?

The Arabs won’t turn the tap on for Joe so it’s up to Boris to sweet talk them. Our Tory-hating MSM are preparing the ground for another attack.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/mar/09/saudi-arabia-and-uae-leaders-decline-calls-with-biden-amid-fears-of-oil-price-spike

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:25 - 15 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find myself not much caring if the Saudis want to execute a few people they see as dangerous criminals. I don't have to live in Saudi Arabia, and it's not exactly genocide, is it?
Quite happy to pour our money into China though, aren't we? Now there's a country that offs a few people they don't like. And there are quite a few in this country who would happily bring back the death penalty for murderers, terrorists and rapists, and it could be argued that in some cases it wouldn't be a bad thing.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:49 - 15 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I find myself not much caring if the Saudis want to execute a few people they see as dangerous criminals.

What, like gobby journalists you mean?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:14 - 15 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
I find myself not much caring if the Saudis want to execute a few people they see as dangerous criminals.

What, like gobby journalists you mean?

My problem there is doing it outside of their own jurisdiction. If they want to knock off their citizens who disagree with the ruling power in their own country, that's their decision. I don't think it's good, but it's their country.
If the majority of Saudi citizens don't want that to happen, it's up to them to do something about it.

Beyond those considerations, do you care about it? I mean, does it prey on your conscience every day? I bet not.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:17 - 17 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly they struggle to find be-headers in the jobs market what with oil at $110+/BBLS.
So wait until they can do a batch all at once.

Ive been there for four months and heard NOTHING about this event.

It is not the talk of the tearoom there.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 34 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1