Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Insurance query - cars.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:50 - 22 Mar 2022    Post subject: Insurance query - cars. Reply with quote

Hi,
I have a policy for a car, which I use my NCB on. I’m thinking about getting another car for running around in and sticking the commuting motorway miles on. Are there companies that will accept the fact I’ve got full ncb on another car and give me a refund? If I start from zero bonus on the runaround it’ll not really be worth it I’d guess. I am going to ask my current insurer if I can simply add another car on my policy but if they won’t, what would people suggest as an idea?

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:24 - 23 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Admiral multi-car policy. How mine has been explained to me by the insurance monkey is that I state which vehicle I want the NCB to apply to, and the other starts at nil NCB, however a discount is applied to that element of the policy. Of course, if you have to claim on either, you'll lose that NCB unless it is protected, which costs...

Assuming all policies are the same, it makes sense to apply the NCB to the most expensive car then have the nil NCB apply to the cheaper one. At least, that is how the nice gent at Admiral explained it to me...

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:06 - 23 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
At least, that is how the nice gent at Admiral explained it to me...

I thought the Admiral was a woman!?

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:09 - 23 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
Diggs wrote:
At least, that is how the nice gent at Admiral explained it to me...

I thought the Admiral was a woman!?

I suspect it was a Rear Admiral....

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:09 - 23 Mar 2022    Post subject: Re: Insurance query - cars. Reply with quote

1198 wrote:
Are there companies that will accept the fact I’ve got full ncb on another car and give me a refund? If I start from zero bonus on the runaround it’ll not really be worth it I’d guess. I am going to ask my current insurer if I can simply add another car on my policy but if they won’t, what would people suggest as an idea?

Not sure what you're expecting by a 'refund'?

If you want your existing NCB to apply to the runaround, then you should transfer your existing policy over to that vehicle, and start a completely new policy (with zero NCB) on your existing car. Unless you start some sort of multi-vehicle policy as suggested above - but pretty sure even those still involve matching an NCB to a vehicle though.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 27 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1