Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Stuart garner heading for prison?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:34 - 08 Feb 2022    Post subject: Stuart garner heading for prison? Reply with quote

Stuart Garner is facing prison after admitting illegal pension investment.
I don't think that this will be much of a surprise to anyone familiar with his activities at Norton, which he basically ran into the ground and asset stripped in order to support his other businesses.
https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/stuart-garner-pension/
https://www.superbike.co.uk/article/norton-was-it-a-fraud-from-the-start
https://www.superbike.co.uk/article/norton-was-it-a-fraud-from-the-start-part-two

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:51 - 24 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only because he scammed the wealthy...

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 13:48 - 24 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:

I wouldn't consider all the Norton employees and customers he robbed as wealthy.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:28 - 24 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

martin734 wrote:
ThatDippyTwat wrote:

I wouldn't consider all the Norton employees and customers he robbed as wealthy.

..indeed, and the Spondon former owners according to one of those reports - relatively small businessmen ruined by Garner..

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:09 - 24 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
..indeed, and the Spondon former owners according to one of those reports - relatively small businessmen ruined by Garner..

It doesn't absolve Garner at all, but it really didn't help that one of Spondons' Directors was an alcoholic looking for fast and easy cash. That there was the root cause of it all if you follow the critical path backwards. If he wasn't an alcoholic looking to get money and get out then this wouldn't have come about.

Like I said in my opening sentence though: that doesn't absolve Garner in any way, shape or form. I really, really feel sorry for the people at Spondon who lost their livelihoods due to a alchy and a conman.

Last edited by Fat Angry Scotsman on 15:30 - 24 Feb 2022; edited 1 time in total

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:26 - 24 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
A100man wrote:

It doesn't admonish Garner at all, but it really didn't help that one of Spondons' Directors was an alcoholic looking for fast and easy cash. That there was the root cause of it all if you follow the critical path backwards. If he wasn't an alcoholic looking to get money and get out then this wouldn't have come about.

Like I said in my opening sentence though: that doesn't admonish Garner in any way, shape or form. I really, really feel sorry for the people at Spondon who lost their livelihoods due to a alchy and a conman.

Admonish? It didn't give him a bollocking?

I think you mean absolve.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:30 - 24 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Admonish? It didn't give him a bollocking?

I think you mean absolve.

Correct, and corrected.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:29 - 24 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he was pissing around with the pension funds and stock market. The latter really gets you fucked over, and the basis for my comment.

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:52 - 24 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
I thought he was pissing around with the pension funds and stock market. The latter really gets you fucked over, and the basis for my comment.

He was also selling bikes he knew he could never deliver and the pensions he was pissing around with were partly funded by contributions from employee wages. He was deducting pension contributions from their wages and then using that money to try and prop up other business ventures, like his hotel.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:26 - 24 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called 'doing a maxwell'

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:22 - 24 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:

The way I read it was that the regulations only allow to invest up to 5% of contribution into the company you work for and he was throwing in the lot. So he fleeced his own workforce.. I'm not sure it was all malicious I don't know enough but the articles imply he was an inexperienced at this level of business.

Polo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:18 - 25 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
ThatDippyTwat wrote:

The way I read it was that the regulations only allow to invest up to 5% of contribution into the company you work for and he was throwing in the lot. So he fleeced his own workforce.. I'm not sure it was all malicious I don't know enough but the articles imply he was an inexperienced at this level of business.

Oh he was malicious alright if the claims being banded around were correct. Bike owners sending their bikes in for warranty repairs only for Norton employees to take parts off them in order to complete new bike orders so as to keep £££ coming in.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:32 - 04 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suspended sentence .. FFS Shocked

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/stuart-garner-sentence/?itm_source=bibblio&itm_campaign=bibblio-related&itm_medium=bibblio-footer-2

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:45 - 04 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m astounded. What was the judge thinking?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:58 - 04 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

But he is trying to be better, he paid £30,000 of the £11 million back before declaring bankruptcy. And he's not a well man... we should all have more sympathy Laughing

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:40 - 04 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

Steal £6 of Coca-cola and get almost 4 months in the fucking clanger. Steal £11 million and don't spend a day inside. Fucking clown world strikes again.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/shoplifter-jailed-stealing-6-worth-21236686

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:47 - 04 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steal £6 of Coca-cola and get almost 4 months in the fucking clanger. Steal £11 million and don't spend a day inside. Fucking clown world strikes again.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/shoplifter-jailed-stealing-6-worth-21236686

That's the difference between having lawyers, and not. Rich people rarely get banged up for financial crimes.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:21 - 04 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

xX-Alex-Xx wrote:

That's the difference between having lawyers, and not. Rich people rarely get banged up for financial crimes.

Yes, that does seem to be rather the case doesn't it.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:55 - 04 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steal £6 of Coca-cola and get almost 4 months in the fucking clanger.

Four years ago he had 63 convictions for 167 previous offences and was then jailed for 16 month. https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/court-lists-magistrates-crown-derby-1171929

It was back to prison for him in January this year: https://www.questmedianetwork.co.uk/news/tameside-reporter/jail-for-burglar-who-repeatedly-broke-into-stalybridges-tesco-store/

Sounds like a nice guy. Laughing

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:11 - 05 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Steal £6 of Coca-cola and get almost 4 months in the fucking clanger.

Four years ago he had 63 convictions for 167 previous offences and was then jailed for 16 month. https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/court-lists-magistrates-crown-derby-1171929

It was back to prison for him in January this year: https://www.questmedianetwork.co.uk/news/tameside-reporter/jail-for-burglar-who-repeatedly-broke-into-stalybridges-tesco-store/

Sounds like a nice guy. Laughing

Laughing lmfao I guess it's a little bit more understandable now Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:32 - 05 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

xX-Alex-Xx wrote:

You get as much justice as you can afford.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:06 - 05 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is his Mrs. on the market again?

Asking for a perv.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 14 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1