Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

An MMA question

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:06 - 06 Apr 2022    Post subject: An MMA question Reply with quote

Any MMA fans here? Can someone explain to me what Gilbert Burns has to gain from this fight with Khamzat Chimaev this coming Saturday?
I get it for Khamzat - he's hungry, the new guy on his way up (he hopes). but what does Burns have to gain here? I see only risk for him, assuming he thinks he has more of an MMA career ahead of him.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 13:42 - 06 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://c.tenor.com/9YbVhssn7hoAAAAd/money-rain.gif

The only reason to have a fight these days.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:50 - 06 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's UFC's motivation. And you're possibly right in Burns's case.
What's the reason for your cynicism generally though? I mean, it's a hard game and fighters can be forgiven for wanting some reward can't they?
Should nobody ever do anything if there are great rewards on offer? Combat sports would never have existed!

But maybe there shouldn't be a huge reward for the winner of this fight, since although Chimaev looks promising, and certainly is entertaining, he is by no means seriously proven yet.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:04 - 07 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

No cynicism, most if not all reasons for sports are to be better than another for money purposes. Most people are driven by zeroes in the bank.

I feel its similar for me and gaming, I game be cause I enjoy it and am lucky enough to get money for doing so, if I didn't get paid for doing it anymore, I wouldn't bother.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:31 - 07 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
No cynicism, most if not all reasons for sports are to be better than another for money purposes. Most people are driven by zeroes in the bank.

I feel its similar for me and gaming, I game be cause I enjoy it and am lucky enough to get money for doing so, if I didn't get paid for doing it anymore, I wouldn't bother.

That says to me that gaming isn't your thing, even if you're good at it. When you find a real passion, you'll do it even if it bankrupts you.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:56 - 07 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
That says to me that gaming isn't your thing, even if you're good at it. When you find a real passion, you'll do it even if it bankrupts you.

I absolutely love gaming, but there is no reason for me to game if I don't earn from it, same as work, work is a passion for me, if it wasn't I wouldn't do it either Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:19 - 07 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

I absolutely love gaming, but there is no reason for me to game if I don't earn from it

So you give a reason for gaming that isn't money, and then tell me you'd have no reason to do it if it didn't pay Confused
You're not making any sense Paddy.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:13 - 07 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll rephrase.

Why would I play if I didn't benefit from it?

I get enjoyment out of it, but I have other things that provide money so why would I sit there when my desire is money?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:20 - 07 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what will you do with that money when you get it?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:23 - 07 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Same as I do now, spend it on stuff I want Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:26 - 07 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Same as I do now, spend it on stuff I want Laughing

So your passion is spending money on stuff. That's what women love isn't it? How many pairs of shoes do you have? Laughing

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:36 - 07 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I wear the same shoes until they fall apart Laughing

I buy stuff, like food, toys to fuck around with, tech, anything. Its what money is for, can't take it with you Very Happy

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:18 - 07 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Well I wear the same shoes until they fall apart Laughing

I buy stuff, like food, toys to fuck around with, tech, anything. Its what money is for, can't take it with you Very Happy

Oh well, as long as it makes you happy Thumbs Up

Now, about this Chimaev/Burns fight... Laughing

It occurred to me that Burns wants this fight now because if he waits longer, he's going to be older (he's 35 now) and Chimaev is going to have more experience, so this might be his only chance to beat Chimaev. Then Burns comes right out and says just that in an interview Mr. Green

colink98
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 08:52 - 08 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
I game be cause I enjoy it and am lucky enough to get money for doing so

Paddys one of the semi naked streaming gamer babes ?
who would have thought.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:33 - 08 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

colink98 wrote:
Paddy. wrote:
I game be cause I enjoy it and am lucky enough to get money for doing so

Paddys one of the semi naked streaming gamer babes ?
who would have thought.

only semi naked Shocked

colink98
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 09:48 - 09 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
only semi naked Shocked

Until them coins roll in.
you got to keep something back for the paying clients.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 8 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1