Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

How much can cunts diss our country.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:40 - 11 Apr 2022    Post subject: How much can cunts diss our country. Reply with quote

Falklands War: 'The UK is still usurping our land'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-latin-america-61028653

Wow, absolute wow. Fuck off you bastards.

I had friends die there,

I was on a tanker with 3000000 liters of avgas supplying the fleet. But hey, Lets give it away because we are colonial cunts.

Last edited by Polarbear on 07:46 - 12 Apr 2022; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:09 - 11 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Orwell wrote:
England is perhaps the only great country whose intellectuals 
are ashamed of their own nationality. In left-wing circles it is always 
felt that there is something slightly disgraceful in being an Englishman,

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/7383343-in-intention-at-any-rate-the-english-intelligentsia-are-europeanized
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:32 - 12 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think you did a good job Smile

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:21 - 12 Apr 2022    Post subject: Re: How much can cunts diss our country. Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I had friends die there,

I was on a tanker with 3000000 liters of avgas supplying the fleet. But hey, Lets give it away because we are colonial cunts.

If somewhere has been settled for 258 years when it wasn't settled at all for the previous several hundred years then it's not yours just because it's closer Rolling Eyes

The Argies need to stfu and apply some sudocream for their butthurt.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:26 - 12 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should remain down to whether the people of the Falklands want Argentinian rule or not. Currently, they don't.
Why don't the Argentinians just offer them all a few million quid each? Might change their minds.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:02 - 12 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
It should remain down to whether the people of the Falklands want Argentinian rule or not. Currently, they don't.
Why don't the Argentinians just offer them all a few million quid each? Might change their minds.

I'm afraid the referendum of the islanders wasn't valid. Apparently studies have shown the residents to mostly be of English and Scottish extraction and therefore biased towards "The Old Country." Only votes from the indigenous ppl of the islands should count (according to Argentinian logic.)

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:26 - 12 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I'm afraid the referendum of the islanders wasn't valid. Apparently studies have shown the residents to mostly be of English and Scottish extraction and therefore biased towards "The Old Country." Only votes from the indigenous ppl of the islands should count (according to Argentinian logic.)

There were no indigenous people unless the sheep and birds have a vote.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:49 - 12 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
There were no indigenous people unless the sheep and birds have a vote.

Details. As the current residents aren't indigenous they don't get a say. Britain needs to get back to the negotiating table and sort this out (according to the Guardian.)

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:35 - 12 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this article earlier, posted by the BBC facebook page. Lots of arguing in the comments, of course.

The most common attempt at 'logic' I could see was, "The British Empire took land from a lot of people, therefore the Falklands should be given back."

Thinking

It's true that the British Empire definitely did a lot of land-stealing, but the Falklands was empty and the current inhabitants want to be British. This one is a no-brainer.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:30 - 12 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case anyone has any sympathy for the Argentinian position it might be worth remembering a couple of things...

They mined the islands without making adequate maps (the last few only deactivated a few years ago) so no thought to the future of the land and its people.

Handing over the Falklands would also mean handing over South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands along with the British Antarctic Territory (which the Argies have also laid claim to.)

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:19 - 13 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Saw this article earlier, posted by the BBC facebook page. Lots of arguing in the comments, of course.

The most common attempt at 'logic' I could see was, "The British Empire took land from a lot of people, therefore the Falklands should be given back."

Thinking

It's true that the British Empire definitely did a lot of land-stealing, but the Falklands was empty and the current inhabitants want to be British. This one is a no-brainer.

Historically, the cunts with the best armies won battles and tje the victors went the prizes.

Argentina started a battle to win back the islands.
Got their arses handed to them by the British and so lost the battle.

End of story.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:19 - 13 Apr 2022    Post subject: Re: How much can cunts diss our country. Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I had friends die there,

I knew a guy who was a captain in the parachute regiment, after marching his men across the island he arrived at the house of a local doctor and this twerp refused to let him and his men into his house telling them they would have to sleep in his barn. Suffice to say the doctors house was swiftly commandered in the name of her maj'. I heard a few other stories of what an ungrateful bunch of entitled twats the Falkland islanders were.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:23 - 13 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
..... and Scottish extraction.....

Shhhh or Der Fuhrer Sturgeon will want the place Doh!

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:11 - 14 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were the argies I'd just wait until we finally elect a Woke PM and then invade the place. We'll roll over and no Task Force will be sent.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:59 - 14 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
If I were the argies I'd just wait until we finally elect a Woke PM and then invade the place. We'll roll over and no Task Force will be sent.

After the umpteenth conscript gets killed by a booby-trapped sheep set by irate islanders they'll probably beg us to come over as a peace-keeping force Laughing

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:11 - 14 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

Pretty sure there’s now always a standing force of Royal Marines on the islands as well as some Eurofighter Typhoons and a destroyer. Nothing else is needed. The Argies have nothing that wouldn’t get shot down long before they were in range of the islands. UK military technology has progressed where Argentinas has not.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:14 - 14 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
bhinso wrote:

Pretty sure there’s now always a standing force of Royal Marines on the islands as well as some Eurofighter Typhoons and a destroyer. Nothing else is needed. The Argies have nothing that wouldn’t get shot down long before they were in range of the islands. UK military technology has progressed where Argentinas has not.

The standing force consists of:

As of February 2012 assets include:
• Approximately 1300 personnel
• Four Typhoon fast-jet aircraft
• VC-10 tanker aircraft
• Hercules C-130 aircraft
• Rapier surface-to-air missiles
• Frigate or Destroyer (currently Type 23 frigate HMS Montrose to be replaced by Type 45 destroyer HMS Dauntless)
• Royal Fleet Auxiliary Gold Rover
• HMS Clyde permanently stationed in the region as Falklands Patrol
• Infantry company currently from 2 Scots

A number of joint units also support Armed Forces personnel and assets based in the Falkland Islands, including:

• Falkland Islands Joint Logistics Unit
• Falkland Islands Support Unit
• Joint Communications Unit Falkland Islands
• Joint Services Provost and Security Unit
• Joint Services signals Unit.

They'd find it a bit difficult to pull that particular stunt again.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:43 - 14 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

I wonder how much you have to screw up to end up getting posted there?

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 14 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive spoken to a few of Falklanders over the years who were there during the war.
a couple of things they told me that stood out the most for them were the smell of the battlefield at the end of a fight (blood and shit).
and the Argentinians booby trapping their houses.
apparently leaving hand grenades in upside down coffee mugs was a popular one.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:25 - 14 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

The standing force consists of:

As of February 2012 assets include:
• Approximately 1300 personnel
• Four Typhoon fast-jet aircraft
• VC-10 tanker aircraft
• Hercules C-130 aircraft
• Rapier surface-to-air missiles
• Frigate or Destroyer (currently Type 23 frigate HMS Montrose to be replaced by Type 45 destroyer HMS Dauntless)
• Royal Fleet Auxiliary Gold Rover
• HMS Clyde permanently stationed in the region as Falklands Patrol
• Infantry company currently from 2 Scots

A number of joint units also support Armed Forces personnel and assets based in the Falkland Islands, including:

• Falkland Islands Joint Logistics Unit
• Falkland Islands Support Unit
• Joint Communications Unit Falkland Islands
• Joint Services Provost and Security Unit
• Joint Services signals Unit.

Rapier left service and has been replaced by land ceptor. Rapier was a mediocre missile, the land ceptor is basically a land based ASRAAM missile with a booster and radar, those things are potent as hell and in launchers of 8 cells per truck IIRC.

Also there is the Falklands Island's defence forces which is ~100 infatry.

Nothing to shoot down anyway, none of the Argies fighters e.g A-4AR actually work, and even if they did they only have short range AAMs and they are hopeless against modern fighters. Most of what Argentina has are COIN and fast jet trainers, they have no air combat missiles, just rocket pods and bombs for strike. Their air force had better air to air capabilities in 1982! No Argie pilot would fly to the Falklands in a jet, it would just be suicide.

bhinso wrote:

Argentina barely has a functioning military. They would struggle to even maintain their own borders.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:20 - 15 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
bhinso wrote:

Argentina barely has a functioning military. They would struggle to even maintain their own borders.

It has been argued that the main driver behind the Ukraine invasion was the election of Joe Biden.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:47 - 15 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
ive spoken to a few of Falklanders over the years who were there during the war.
a couple of things they told me that stood out the most for them were the smell of the battlefield at the end of a fight (blood and shit).
and the Argentinians booby trapping their houses.
apparently leaving hand grenades in upside down coffee mugs was a popular one.

That latter one sounds like a war crime?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 2 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1