BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Garage Transformation

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

notabikeranym...
Formerly known as
meef

PostPosted: 20:51 - 01 Feb 2022    Post subject: Garage Transformation Reply with quote

Before
https://imgur.com/a/ylbblGu

After
https://imgur.com/a/qjgot58

Absolutely love it.

With the before photos, I'd just moved in, had nowhere to put anything really, so it's all on the floor. Most of that is in the loft now and in appropriate boxes.

List of work done:
- Roller shutter doors w/ key fobs
- CUBIO freestanding/wall cabinets & tool drawer with perfo & louvre panels (the tall ones hold half a metric tonne, 100kg per shelf).
- Perfo panel wall and solid oak worktop & shelf
- New back door that isn't a piece of shit
- Insulation of the walls and ceiling
- Panelling on the left and right walls allows for modular shelves/racks/hooks/etc
- Loft boarding put in & a hatch with ladder
- New lights, sockets, and a data cable running into a WiFi access point (I might slap a network switch inbetween so I can actually run a cable to other things, plan to stick a TV in there).
- MMA resin floor, tough as hell, better than epoxy stuff in terms of function over form

Now all that's left is for the Sealey tool sets to arrive and to organise those into the drawers. Very chuffed with all the work done.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:39 - 01 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me likee Thumbs Up

https://64.media.tumblr.com/98a6d4ea207ecf50558bf9c3da615c30/tumblr_mfi8o2FeU21rp0vkjo1_500.gif
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Keithy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:28 - 01 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just, wow!

Honda434
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 01:05 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks freaking nice. Can I ask how long the process was to do the floors and was it a pain to do.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:57 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks really good mate, well done. I hope I can show off something as nice in a few years too!

notabikeranym...
Formerly known as
meef

PostPosted: 11:34 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers all. Yeah honestly didn't realise it'd look this good in real life, just couldn't tell from the CAD drawings how it'd turn out but I'm in love!

Honda434 wrote:
That looks freaking nice. Can I ask how long the process was to do the floors and was it a pain to do.

The floor was done in a day, and btw I didn't do this, I hired people in to do it professionally. They screeded the floor then applied a base coat, then a few other coats, flake, and two coats on top. The floor is hard as nails and not slippery, it has a bumpy matte finish.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:27 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is tidy!

Garage would probably cost more than the house I am looking at buying so... I won't get close to that Laughing but that is so clean Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:57 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved in to my house in March 2020 - Literally the week the Pandemic was coming. We took a week off to sort out moving and decorating, took in no news or social media in that time. So we started with the garage you see here and no pandemic:

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/garagebefore.jpg

And finished with a painted floor and walls and a pandemic.

Since then I've done a lot more work and we're now here:

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/garageresized2.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:13 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Since then I've done a lot more work and we're now here

I'm not jealous. Not jealous at all. Not one little bit. Cunt. Sad

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:57 - 02 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice.
If I had a garage that size, the boss would fill it with crap and her daughters rubbish. Twisted Evil .

I have the ‘Pepperami Shed Of Bike Death’ , it’s a lot smaller than that.
However it’s at the end of the garden and I can lock it.
And I’ve threatened her with a hideous undignified death if ANYTHING not bike related enters my shed. Shocked Wink .

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:32 - 03 Feb 2022    Post subject: Re: Garage Transformation Reply with quote

Meef wrote:
Before
https://imgur.com/a/ylbblGu

After
https://imgur.com/a/qjgot58

Absolutely love it.

With the before photos, I'd just moved in, had nowhere to put anything really, so it's all on the floor. Most of that is in the loft now and in appropriate boxes.

List of work done:
- Roller shutter doors w/ key fobs
- CUBIO freestanding/wall cabinets & tool drawer with perfo & louvre panels (the tall ones hold half a metric tonne, 100kg per shelf).
- Perfo panel wall and solid oak worktop & shelf
- New back door that isn't a piece of shit
- Insulation of the walls and ceiling
- Panelling on the left and right walls allows for modular shelves/racks/hooks/etc
- Loft boarding put in & a hatch with ladder
- New lights, sockets, and a data cable running into a WiFi access point (I might slap a network switch inbetween so I can actually run a cable to other things, plan to stick a TV in there).
- MMA resin floor, tough as hell, better than epoxy stuff in terms of function over form

Now all that's left is for the Sealey tool sets to arrive and to organise those into the drawers. Very chuffed with all the work done.
Adopt me please.....Have you got a will?

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:40 - 03 Feb 2022    Post subject: Re: Garage Transformation Reply with quote

Meef wrote:

Yeah, well some of us would be absolutely made up to have the Before version.
Just sayin'...

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 14:33 - 04 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could fit at least a dozen more bikes in there and still have space for spares!

All the best

Katy

JBM
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 19:00 - 04 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very nice Very Happy

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:59 - 04 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

images arent loading for me Sad

Keithy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:38 - 04 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
MarJay wrote:
Since then I've done a lot more work and we're now here

I'm not jealous. Not jealous at all. Not one little bit. Cunt. Sad

You are such a tease, I really, really, really thought you were getting to the end of that post without a ‘cunt’ Very Happy

notabikeranym...
Formerly known as
meef

PostPosted: 15:00 - 09 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
I moved in to my house in March 2020 - Literally the week the Pandemic was coming. We took a week off to sort out moving and decorating, took in no news or social media in that time. So we started with the garage you see here and no pandemic:

And finished with a painted floor and walls and a pandemic.

Since then I've done a lot more work and we're now here:

That's a lot better job than I could ever do on my own! So props to you for sorting that in a week. Loving the blue floor and white walls.

Just got the air compressor in this week and had to upgrade the circuit breakers to C type. Now I've found a new hobby levitating screwdrivers Laughing

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:36 - 09 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meef wrote:

That's a lot better job than I could ever do on my own! So props to you for sorting that in a week. Loving the blue floor and white walls.

Thanks. The walls and floor were actually done in a weekend, because we needed the rest of the week to move all my stuff from my old house to my new house... That was an INTENSE couple of days! The thing with epoxy flooring is that it goes off in 15-30 minutes, and you have 3 different sized cans to make up the quantity you need for a double garage. You also have a clear sealer layer and two coats of blue... Once you mix it with the electric drill mounted paint mixer, you have to start painting and get it done, else you can waste paint. Once it starts to go off you have to paint over it within a set period of time. This meant that we had to do the white walls in between the floor coats, and myself and my other half basically worked 2 12 hour days non stop, not even stopping for a cup of tea! I am pleased with how it's come out though, so it was worth it, but next time I think I'll pay someone to do it.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:41 - 09 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keithy wrote:
You are such a tease, I really, really, really thought you were getting to the end of that post without a ‘cunt’ Very Happy

My girlfriend is Canadian and it took a while for her to get used to the amount of "C-bombs" I would drop as well as the fact that being called a cunt can be a term of endearment in Scotland Laughing

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:53 - 10 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly can't tell if all these positive comments are taking the piss or not.
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:02 - 10 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
Keithy wrote:

My girlfriend is Canadian and it took a while for her to get used to the amount of "C-bombs" I would drop as well as the fact that being called a cunt can be a term of endearment in Scotland Laughing

He's a cunt but no a bad cunt. Is how I would describe myself.

And OT that is great, would love to have a garage like that. I've got something a tad smaller Laughing
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/yy224/struan80/20210907_135832(1).jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Daves gone riding
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:20 - 17 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks superb. My garage is both smaller, and a lot messier. I really should tidy up get rid of some tat.

matto
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:30 - 04 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new garage looks just like the 'before' pictures, but with way more boxes. The medium term plan is to make it look more like the 'after' pictures but to do that I need storage for the boxes in the roof of the garage.
So the question is, what did you have to do with the roof trusses to board the roof space out? Or was it just a matter of boarding on top of them?

notabikeranym...
Formerly known as
meef

PostPosted: 15:48 - 07 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

matto wrote:
My new garage looks just like the 'before' pictures, but with way more boxes. The medium term plan is to make it look more like the 'after' pictures but to do that I need storage for the boxes in the roof of the garage.
So the question is, what did you have to do with the roof trusses to board the roof space out? Or was it just a matter of boarding on top of them?

They boarded ontop of them. It's not the strongest setup though, but holds all my spare bits totally fine.

matto
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 04:30 - 16 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, ok. For me in the short term it's a toss up between boarding above the insulation in the loft or making a proper job of the garage and I'm not sure which way to go. Long term the garage needs to look something like yours but I really need to be able to use it, so the boxes have to go somewhere.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 347 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1