Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

R6 and other stuff.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:24 - 03 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keithy wrote:
Not much of a one for changing your mind then?

Very Happy

Variety is the spice of life Keithy Laughing

Definitely the 900 is going. I've not advertised it yet properly. Local Honda dealer, TwoWheels, has put someone in touch with me that might be interested, so have been speaking (bartering) with him. We are a few hundred pond apart at the moment but he lives up in Forres, so don't know when he'll get down. As soon as he sees it. He'd be take my money Very Happy . If only it didn't have a polished up front section of the frame, takes away from it's authenticity.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:03 - 07 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off way down to Darlington tomorrow, stay the night at a Premier Inn and then do Croft on Monday with the VFR.

All the shit checked and raring to go. Actually have a reason to use the topbox for a change.

Will post what's left of my bike after likely binning it. Shocked Hope not but I can't control myself sometimes on the track. It's a big lump.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/yy224/struan80/278464920_469214521642838_8649274040445983109_n.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:31 - 07 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darlo - jeez it'd make Scumdee look like the Algarve Very Happy

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:48 - 12 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well had a great day at Croft on the big yin. Goes like fuck it does, don't think there were to many faster bikes in a straight line on the day smooth and planted. A wee bit heavy to chuck into corners for me and my wreck of a body and mind. A more powerful and fitter gent than me would manage this quite well though.

It w as a Mick Kinghorn skills development trackday. I would thoroughly recommend a visit to one of his days. There is no overtaking allowed but the way the protocol works you never feel held up as you get your chance to ride up front. Good classroom segments although nothing you couldn't find yourself online.

Anyone that always wanted to go for a trackday, but was scared of some bampot whoring up his inside unexpectedly, should really check this course out.

ANYWAY. I've now just sold the VFR to the Superbike factory. They are picking it up on Wednesday.

I dropped the bike twice on the way down to Croft, once in a garage forecourt, the other at a dodgy junction move I did. Both times was because my short legs and lack of muscle can't actually keep the bike up. My slow manoeuvering on the VFR is terrible. Anyway that and then having to ride back up in the dark and pissing rain, then get detoured through half the borders, as the A1 was closed. Close the A1? ffs! I had a dark tinted visor and genuinely thought I was having near death experiences every few seconds in the back of beyond , running out of fuel as the tank in the VFR 1200 is small.

Next on the agenda is getting the 400rr out at Knockhill. I'm 250 punds in credit there from an ARDS that I had to cancel due to my getting drunk the night befeore. I'm not really sure I want to go out on a normal trackday because not sure if I want to die.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/yy224/struan80/21_0509_15859.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/yy224/struan80/21_0509_15160.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Last edited by struan80 on 20:00 - 14 May 2022; edited 1 time in total

Keithy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:33 - 12 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, decision arrived at Thumbs Up

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:51 - 12 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keithy wrote:
Oh well, decision arrived at Thumbs Up

The VFR is a lovely bike but acht well not to worry.

Just need to get the pain in the arse 600 that never wants to start up. Up and running. Acht well

Still selling the 900. I really don't like the riding position. Iconic bike but acht well

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:34 - 13 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can buy that model of VFR all day long - not missing out there.

What about a Diavel, they're nice and low Very Happy

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:31 - 13 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Machine reliability improves with frequent use in my experience, and not just with bikes, but I noticed this even when I moved from one bike to two. How you keep 6 or 7 bikes running I don’t know. Can you just pick one and know it’ll work? Batteries suffer from lack of use in particular.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:51 - 18 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Machine reliability improves with frequent use in my experience, and not just with bikes, but I noticed this even when I moved from one bike to two. How you keep 6 or 7 bikes running I don’t know. Can you just pick one and know it’ll work? Batteries suffer from lack of use in particular.

I tend to keep the bikes maintained, well it's not me that maintains them, it's the local bike fixer man. The VFR went this morning so I've only got 4 left to look after Smile I'm still contemplating selling the 900 as it's not really very comfy to ride. The 600 won't start and I need a new battery, carb maintenance and a good general going over for the 400. Only leaves me with the 250 to ride at the moment. Can never have to many bikes. Going to nip out for ride right now. 250 is just a tad lighter than the VFR was, feels like a minimoto Laughing

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:26 - 19 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only problem now is that all the bikes don't have a gear position indicator or a fuel gauge. Bliss they even have a choke and no ABS. The 900 stops very well though. The 400 needs some work and the 250 a feather could stop it on it's nose. 600 is just meh. Anyway I've insured the 900 and the 250 for the summer. Just think all these bikes for less price as a second hand GS. Or a small car. Fuck i like CBR's. Next one is going to be a 600RR.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 21 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish my legs were 2 inches longer so more bikes would fit., actually while I'm at it I wish my cock was 2 inches longer for more .....

I've got two dogs and they insist on sticking their nose in the other ones piss. Why would you want to do that. Then they want to lick me...arseholes.

Going to organise a Fireblade meet at Knockhill. If anyone fancies it? Book the track for a couple of hours for some parade laps with knee down Laughing They've had them at Donington and Silverstone, would be good to have a meet in Scotland.

Happy Saturday everyone. Smile

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:58 - 21 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't ridden it much as it's a big lump of uncomfortableness. Going to take it out tomorrow though. Down the A68. It'll be the first proper ride since getting it. I think it's a smart looking bike but the 400RR looks better side on. Do you think?

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/yy224/struan80/280733506_782091749443281_419833886300765567_n_(1).jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/yy224/struan80/119442957_397442374904293_6845068732443481471_n.webp?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:14 - 22 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

neh - i prefer the blade - the vented tail section doesn't look as slabby, then at the other end, I think it looks better because the upper panel finishes closer to the clip ons, giving it a more enclosed vibe (although that might be the angle of the shot tbf)

gull arm on the 400 is better though, i.e. without the bracing of the blade

also don't like can bracket on 400

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:19 - 31 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you wear these at 55? Laughing 80's leathers were great. Would wear them as long as there were no coffee stops on route. I fear other bikers may laugh at me. Embarassed Laughing

Would you wear these? I've been tempted to get them out with the fireblade. Maybe they're better kept for the track. Lets see your colourful leathers?

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/yy224/struan80/20220531_213558.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/yy224/struan80/DSC_6312_zpsufvptvnm.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:27 - 03 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

at 55 you should be past caring about other peoples opinions!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Keithy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:36 - 03 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having to buy any sort of leathers is the main thing putting me off any sort of track day.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:23 - 04 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keithy wrote:
Having to buy any sort of leathers is the main thing putting me off any sort of track day.

You can get suitable leathers, two piece or single on ebay quite cheap. I bought my 80's leathers for £20. Alright maybe a bit scuffed and obviously been crashed with, but still solid leather.

I honestly believe that a track day or instruction day is something that every biker should try. Flat wide surface, no friggin potholes, no trees, no oncoming vehicles. It is great fun....Although I still get paranoid of nutters on a trackday.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:31 - 10 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ready for a run down the A68 tomorrow. Hope my neck, arms and back can take it, it's a very sporty riding position. May need to get new tyres, god knows how old the current ones are.

Then got Lets Rock Scotland on Sunday, great 80's music! I'll get wrecked.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/yy224/struan80/286734686_780921899737077_4297786000123431335_n.jpg

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:30 - 11 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to the BSB on Sunday, it's at Knockhill so would be rude not to.

Never been at a BSB weekend before so I am looking forward to it.

I've got that 'Lets Rock Scotland' festival on the Saturday though so may be too inebriated to go to the BSB Rolling Eyes . I've checked with the wifey at Knockhill though and you can pay at the gate, so no need to book and then not turn up.

I'll be cheering on Rory Skinner. he did great last year at his home track and got two podiums if I remember correctly. Future BSB race winner I think then after that I think he has the talent to go all the way. He's still young. Maybe I'm a bit biased Laughing

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:50 - 11 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one more month that I'm still alive. Had a close call a couple of times. Guy came out of a Junction smidsy had to brake heavily, no ABS. Next one was my fault. Overtook and almost got wiped out by a cage driver coming the other way. Not good, trying to chase my pals. They are way to quick for me. Got to learn not to do stupid things at 80mph.

Girlfriend is still ongoing, not sure what to make of the whole situation. Sometimes I like it sometimes I think to myself that I can't be arsed with this relationship shit.

She rolls me joints, brings me coffee in bed, is good with my son. Fucks like some sort of maniac. Or would if I got a hardon.

She's owe me 1100 quid. I feel like a sugar daddy Laughing

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:30 - 12 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:
. Fucks like some sort of maniac. Or would if I got a hardon.

you can get pills for that these days.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:55 - 13 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
struan80 wrote:
. Fucks like some sort of maniac. Or would if I got a hardon.

you can get pills for that these days.

I've taken 3 blue pills at once and it still never happened...I'd actually prefer to have a nice egg and salad cream sandwich to do sex shit.

I used to be one wank a day man, now it's lucky if it's one a year.

You to could be like me... Laughing

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:12 - 13 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh well, its usually a lot more fun, thinking about it, than actually doing it, anyway.
one of the joys of getting old Laughing

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:59 - 20 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I put purple glitter on my face at lets Rock Scotland. Level 42 and OMD were actually fantastic.

Average age at the festival must have been 55, right up my street. Me with my girlfriend that I met ten months ago now. Wow someone's put up with my eclectic self. Love her now I think. I know, not a good idea and likely to end in tears. When she's my age I'll be 75 ffs. Take it while it's going. No cellulite, pert tits, brings me coffee an in bed in the morning. Changes my sons dirty nappies. Dream I tell ya. I'm a lucky mother fucker.

On topic of bikes, not been on it for a week nearly. Got the 250 and the fireblade insured. Actually prefer the 250 to the Fireblade. It's really like a 125. But not as it hits the ton.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/yy224/struan80/286189667_423130006366716_7716014893705448998_n.jpg

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:50 - 22 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well.

Decided to sell my 250 and 900 again. May try a street triple as I need something for use every day that is more upright.

Stuck them up on ebay.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 279 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 13 of 18