Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

UK/Union flag sticker for reg plate

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
View previous topic : View next topic  

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:22 - 13 May 2022    Post subject: UK/Union flag sticker for reg plate Reply with quote

So thanks to Brexit the EU starry circle and GB label on my number plate will no longer cut the mustard on my Spanish tour this summer. Has anyone found a suitably sized UK sticker that will cover it?

Ideally I need something about 32x73 mm to cover the old (very normal sized) badge; everything I can find online is way smaller than that, weirdly. eg https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B099ZYRV4G?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:55 - 14 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFS....

Buy a new plate. Laughing

(With the current flag or woteva)

https://www.qualitynumberplates.com/?https://www.qualitynumberplates.com/&gclid=Cj0KCQjwpv2TBhDoARIsALBnVnmv2qVfXb6bPDnbIVZ0KYPBsNvzP3ncO0ixiGZQO2dO-KF2lTbDt4oaAgXeEALw_wcB

iansoady
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 10:26 - 15 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's no good due to the idiots it now has to say UK not GB. You can get stickers from ebay for a couple of quid which work perfectly well.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 11:08 - 15 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can have any sort and size of sticker you want made up for next to nothing. Have a sheet printed, flog the rest on ebay for £1.99 + postage. I had some smaller oval ones made up for our group when we went on a Euro tour last year because the "official" sized ones are so big there was nowhere big enough to stick it on my bike.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:25 - 15 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if anyone has actually been done for having GB, I never used to bother but had a GB sticker stashed to apply if challenged *forgot Monsieur* - mainly because it was to big really and plates didn't have them in those days
No one was bothered and gendarmes were stopping everyone one place, but etrangers were just waved through.
In France GB = Grande Bretagne makes more sense than UK = Royaume Uni
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:45 - 15 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just them being difficult for the sake of being difficult. Cattle ear tags all start in UK and now, when they are being exported, they make you change them for GB ones...

So it appears the EU can change regulations at the drop of a hat if it suits them to.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:42 - 16 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
It's just them being difficult for the sake of being difficult. Cattle ear tags all start in UK and now, when they are being exported, they make you change them for GB ones...

So it appears the EU can change regulations at the drop of a hat if it suits them to.

The EU being difficult ? Really? Well I never!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1