Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Street Harassment - how is enforcement possible?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:48 - 22 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Hot guys aren't creepy just ones they aren't attracted to. Frankly it's just another reason for men to avoid dealing
with women and their endless lists of of expected criteria for male behaviour entirely. I refuse to pair up with
females at work or be alone in female company anywhere due to stuff like this. Apparently that's what the sista's want.
They can have it, but don't ever expect anything from me but a frown, I'm not playing this game anymore.
When the burden of proof is on you and you can be detained and questioned off the back of an unproven allegation
from a woman, you're no longer an equal member of society. So I don't interact with them at all and in fact glare angrily
at them when I'm at work so the message "Keep away" is clear. I point blank refuse to help with the training of female
new starters , not losing my job because some woman made some shit up that I have to disprove somehow. More
than happy to train new fellas, they don't use their gender as a weapon.

This is the real reason why laws like this are such an issue. In many cases the less good looking men (which I'm not suggesting you are) are far more likely to be accused of these types of offences. Firstly, women want approaches from good looking men with lots to offer, and secondly because it's a great way to reject a man or turn shame into sympathy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 11:11 - 22 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

defblade wrote:
I got wolf-whistled at once, while I was riding my push bike.

On more than one occasion I've been accosted by a shreiking harriden intent on lifting up my kilt. On one occasion I delivered a particularly persistant offender a ringing slap to the hand which resulted in a full public meltdown. This was thankfully roundly ignored by bystanders.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:59 - 22 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
More than happy to train new fellas, they don't use their gender as a weapon.

Just as there exists a minority of men who would make the unsavoury 'pussy taste' comment, there are unfortunately a number of women who will use their sexuality as a weapon or bargaining chip. It does make one very hesitant to get back on the relationship horse. The older I get the less I care but I do feel for the younger chaps.
My son recently returned from a school assembly/sermon where the headmaster lectured about respect for women which is right enough, but my 16 year old then commented 'surely they must first respect themselves by not unfastening too many buttons on their blouse and turning up their school skirts' - he has no interest in the opposite sex which at first bewildered me but perhaps he's a product of the modern culture.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Last edited by A100man on 13:25 - 23 May 2022; edited 1 time in total

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:04 - 22 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
grr666 wrote:
More than happy to train new fellas, they don't use their gender as a weapon.

Just as there exists a minority of men who would make the unsavoury 'pussy tatse' comment, there are unfortunately a number of women who will use their sexaulity as a weapon or bargaining chip. It odes make one very hesitant to get back on teh relationship horse. The older I get the less I care but I do feel for teh younger chaps.
My son recently returned from a school assembly/sermon where the headmaster lectured about respect for women which is right enough, but my 16 year old thencommented 'surely they must first respect themselves by not unfastening too many buttons on their blouse and turning up their school skirts' - he has no interest in the opposite sex which at first bewildered me but perhaps he's a product of the modern culture.

Brave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:51 - 23 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I refuse to pair up with females at work or be alone in female company anywhere due to stuff like this. Apparently that's what the sista's want. They can have it, but don't ever expect anything from me but a frown, I'm not playing this game anymore. When the burden of proof is on you and you can be detained and questioned off the back of an unproven allegation from a woman, you're no longer an equal member of society. So I don't interact with them at all and in fact glare angrily at them when I'm at work so the message "Keep away" is clear. I point blank refuse to help with the training of female new starters

And your line manager indulges this behaviour?

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:55 - 26 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Ms Suntan and the experience is all too real for many women. However I have been guilty in the past for wolf whistles, saying smile etc (but not the graphic stuff) Well as a skit and joke towards Ms Suntan herself when she was courting, but I think and hope she took it as it was intended. I've been guilty of clumsy chat ups and attempts to gain attention to ladies who I would have liked to have had meaningful exchanges with.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:45 - 26 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Women in the Yorkshire village of Linton-on-Ouse have been advised by the police not to wear short skirts when something like 1400 asylum seekers are dumped on them later this month.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:13 - 27 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:

And your line manager indulges this behaviour?

You may have to specify exactly which behaviour you mean. In a training scenario at work it's one on one although
sometimes you may have two noobs to watch but they will be working independently inside the huge building and
as the trainer I flit back and forth between them and check how they're getting on. Not going to put myself in a situation
where it's 'her' word vs mine in this artificial "BELIEVE WOMEN" climate we're in now. I have my reasons for feeling this way.
In a sentence, I'm completely done with women. They've been indulged by just about everybody to the point where they are
not safe to be alone with anymore, at least if you value your liberty and sanity.

chickenstrip wrote:
Women in the Yorkshire village of Linton-on-Ouse have been advised by the police not to wear short skirts when something like 1400 asylum seekers are dumped on them later this month.

Alternatively they could just not import a dozen coachloads of potential rapists who it would seem just
can't help themselves, hence the advice given. They are clearly expecting a huge issue with the influx,
but it's going ahead anyway. Rolling Eyes I think the Manic Street Preachers said it best. "If you tolerate this then your children
will be next..."
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 307 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2