Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Black Lives Matter.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:11 - 26 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

An armed society absolutely is a polite society. America's problem isn't guns, it's gangs and drugs.

It absolutely isn't and America is proof of that.

What is the epidemic of stabbings in London proof of?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:35 - 26 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

https://e3.365dm.com/18/07/1600x900/skynews-line-18-gangs_4367223.jpg?bypass-service-worker&20180720161203

Whistle

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:40 - 26 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

https://e3.365dm.com/18/07/1600x900/skynews-line-18-gangs_4367223.jpg?bypass-service-worker&20180720161203

Whistle

My question was to Islander.

Btw, welcome back M.C. Have you returned with stories to tell? Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:56 - 26 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
My question was to Islander.

But I have more Bounce! https://www.met.police.uk/SysSiteAssets/foi-media/metropolitan-police/disclosure_2019/november_2019/information-rights-unit---ethnic-identity-of-victims-and-offenders-stabbed-in-london-from-january-to-october-2019

chickenstrip wrote:

Having spent a few years away from this place I'm obviously now a millionaire astronaut, and my cocks grown several inches but other than that no.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:29 - 26 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

chickenstrip wrote:

Having spent a few years away from this place I'm obviously now a millionaire astronaut, and my cocks grown several inches but other than that no.

Well, that's nice Smile

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:03 - 27 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

It absolutely isn't and America is proof of that.

That it's entirely unrelated to my comment? Razz

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:15 - 27 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

I don't think it's entirely unrelated (one thing proving another, especially where gangs and drugs are concerned), but I would still be interested in your thoughts on my question.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:45 - 27 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

I don't think it's entirely unrelated (one thing proving another, especially where gangs and drugs are concerned), but I would still be interested in your thoughts on my question.

It's definitely indicative of underfunded, under resourced policing.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:05 - 27 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

It's definitely indicative of underfunded, under resourced policing.

I think there's an element of that. But I also think that there is drug and gang culture in London that causes the crime in the first place. So whilst I place some blame on the authorities, from government down, for not providing sufficient resources, you can't blame them for the actual criminal activity.
People who aren't criminally minded won't go around robbing and stabbing others. Nor would they go around shooting others if they had guns, as you have yourself. Not that I would open up gun ownership here, but in the US it would be almost impossible to end civilian gun ownership. They have to work realistically from where they are. The vast majority of gun owners in the US don't commit gun crime. So it is in large part down to the culture, the gangs, the drugs.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:18 - 27 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

And which country started the whole 'drugs are bad, make them illegal thing that put the whole enterprise in the hands of criminals in the first place?

Prohibition spawned Al capone and his ilk.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:30 - 27 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
And which country started the whole 'drugs are bad, make them illegal thing that put the whole enterprise in the hands of criminals in the first place?

So, working on that premis, making guns illegal woud put the whole enterprise in the hands of the criminal. You have just stated the NRA's stance.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:41 - 27 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

No it didn't. They just latched on to an opportunity. They also had gambling, prostitution and other things. They had those things before prohibition, and they had them after. And throughout it all, they used violence, with and without guns.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:39 - 28 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Yeah, yeah, I know, you were asking Islander. Rolling Eyes

I'm still going to poke my nose in, pretty much in the same fashion as
I did four or five years ago, and remind you again that despite the UK's recent epidemic of stabbings, the US still manages to kill more per head by stabbing than the UK.
2017: 0.48/100000 in the UK, 0.49/100000 in the US.

So, an answer to your question could be that it's proof that you lot can try really hard to fuck yourselves up but you are still in the kindergarten leagues when it comes to killing each other.
Edit: Take out the Snackbars, Eastern Europeans and Asians and your figures would be pathetic.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:11 - 28 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if America banned guns only law abiding people would give them up. Criminals, mass murderers they would all keep them. Or just kill a cop and take their gun. People seem very eager to avoid looking at the root causes presumably for fear of seeming racist.

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:
An armed society absolutely is a polite society. America's problem isn't guns, it's gangs and drugs.

Did you miss the news?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61579600

Which again involves guns but wasn't caused by guns. Murderers are not motivated by the ready availability of weapons, but by the desire to murder. Secondly restricting guns is not a deterrent because it's 2 years for an illegal gun but a lifetime for the massacre, so a rounding error!

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:03 - 28 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Murderers are not motivated by the ready availability of weapons, but by the desire to murder.

The availability is a massive enabler though. How do you think the latest attack would have panned out with only a knife?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:23 - 28 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hypocrisy of the NRA is in their stance that its mental health problems behind these spree killings. They promote this view while being a right wing organisation and ignoring the fact it was under the Reagan administration that public health and social services were massively cut back.

The US is functionally incapable of any kind of critical introspection since it's effectively destroyed any meaningful left wing in its politics. Any attempt to look within is dismissed instantly as com-yi-nism, individuals are shamed if they attempt to expose any shortcomings as being unamerican and traitors. There's no hope for the place in my opinion. Sad because I think it once had the potential to be the most egalitarian place on earth. Now it's just the spoilt bastard child of old Europe.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:53 - 28 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:

So, an answer to your question could be that it's proof that you lot can try really hard to fuck yourselves up but you are still in the kindergarten leagues when it comes to killing each other.
Edit: Take out the Snackbars, Eastern Europeans and Asians and your figures would be pathetic.

It's almost as if you think it's a good thing that Americans go around killing each other a lot.
But you're still alive, and it isn't because you're so macho and intimidating, i'm prepared to bet.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:17 - 28 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Even if America banned guns only law abiding people would give them up. Criminals, mass murderers they would all keep them. Or just kill a cop and take their gun. People seem very eager to avoid looking at the root causes presumably for fear of seeming racist.

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Did you miss the news?

Which again involves guns but wasn't caused by guns. Murderers are not motivated by the ready availability of weapons, but by the desire to murder. Secondly restricting guns is not a deterrent because it's 2 years for an illegal gun but a lifetime for the massacre, so a rounding error!

They need to do something. This makes chilling reading:

Leading Causes of Death among Children and Adolescents in the United States, 1999 through 2020.
https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/mortality.png

N Engl J Med 2022; 386:1955-1956

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:28 - 28 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Americans already have the answer to most of their problems. It's called "The Constitution". But is it even taught in their schools anymore?

And it may not answer everything, but without a solid base to build from, a country has nothing.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:51 - 28 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Which again involves guns but wasn't caused by guns. Murderers are not motivated by the ready availability of weapons, but by the desire to murder.

Eh? He bought the firearms and then went on a killing spree within days of his 18th Birthday. You can't seriously suggest had he not had access to those weapons he still would have entered that school, killed that many people, with the police outside shit scared of a teenager.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:18 - 28 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Murderers are not motivated by the ready availability of weapons, but by the desire to murder.

Could the availability of firearms not have something to do with the number of school shootings in America?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:34 - 28 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Did you miss the news?

They need to do something. This makes chilling reading:

Leading Causes of Death among Children and Adolescents in the United States, 1999 through 2020.
https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/mortality.png

N Engl J Med 2022; 386:1955-1956

I was about to dip my paddle in the mire then you beat me to it.

Motorvehicle KSIs in Murica have been batting the Headline Grabbing KSIs out of the ballpark for decades and not a cunt in congress gives a fat-flying-fuck.

No point banning 'weapons' if the chief weapon of choice is a car, truck, bus and of course dangerous motorcycles.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:40 - 28 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

High incidence of drug deaths indicates higher levels of drug use which probably explains the gun and motor vehicle deaths.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:20 - 28 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to drive.a.car or for that matter do anything when fucked on fentonyl

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:26 - 28 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
It's hard to drive.a.car or for that matter do anything when fucked on fentonyl

It would be interesting to know how many of the drug related vehicle desths were prescription drugs.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 327 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
Page 163 of 184