Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What have you done to your bike today?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:49 - 18 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
removed the clutch plates. only spilt a cup full of oil on the drive, which was a plus.

Put the tyres on a 1 inch plank if you do it again, that extra bit of lean on the sidetand just gives you enough to stop any spilling out.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:58 - 19 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:

Put the tyres on a 1 inch plank if you do it again, that extra bit of lean on the sidetand just gives you enough to stop any spilling out.

my bike is close to upright on the side stand, due to me lowering the rear by 20mm. its a bit worrying at times.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:47 - 19 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
ThatDippyTwat wrote:
And I bought a 929 Fireblade. Missus put me onto it after I bought the VFR *and* paid for it.
https://i.imgur.com/l7dxdSCl.jpg
What's the catch? Or don't you know yet?? Thinking

No catch, there's a few reasons we've been together for 17 years.
She knows what I'm like. She knows I probably wont keep it. MOT weds, couldn't get her booked in beforehand. Kinda itchy to give it a bit of a screaming round N.Wales...

I reckon I picked up either 3 points or a speed course on friday while on the VFR. Scamera van coming into Llanwrst. I don't usually go that way for this reason, but the other road had hedge cutting debris all over it, so I didn't fancy a new tyre after a puncture. Probably cost me as much anyway.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:00 - 20 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally! T140 tank and panels painted:

https://i.imgur.com/dDRu2tb.mp4

Pickup in a couple of days once fully cured Smile

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:15 - 20 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/dDRu2tb.mp4

Pickup in a couple of days once fully cured Smile

Candy Apple Red! You are Henry Cole and I claim my five ponds

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:19 - 20 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:

No catch, there's a few reasons we've been together for 17 years.
She knows what I'm like. She knows I probably wont keep it. MOT weds, couldn't get her booked in beforehand. Kinda itchy to give it a bit of a screaming round N.Wales...

I reckon I picked up either 3 points or a speed course on friday while on the VFR. Scamera van coming into Llanwrst. I don't usually go that way for this reason, but the other road had hedge cutting debris all over it, so I didn't fancy a new tyre after a puncture. Probably cost me as much anyway.

Hmm, OK but don't drop your guard.. Odd chaps, women.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:51 - 22 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOT'd the £500 Fireblade. No Advisories. I have literally put a battery on it, wiped it down and changed a few fasteners. Maybe £40 total.
https://i.imgur.com/r5YFqSwl.jpg

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:32 - 23 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Oh, you do things properly...

Can't argue with that.

You would probably be horrified at the zip tie connecting my fuel line to my fuel tap. Laughing

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:05 - 23 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
MOT'd the £500 Fireblade. No Advisories. I have literally put a battery on it, wiped it down and changed a few fasteners. Maybe £40 total.

Mate wtf that bike is clean asf how you get it for only £500??? Shocked

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:39 - 23 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
ThatDippyTwat wrote:

Pretty much everyone at the garage (I use the same garage for all my bikes) had the same question.

Took it for a spin locally today, just up to the Ponderosa. Very conscious I'm 20 years older than the last time I rode one. Surprisingly docile, pulls from far lower than thought. Pulls really well from 5K. Goes silly at 7.5K Windblast is an issue at 80 though. It's got an MRA screen on it that shoves it straight on my chest. I am 6'3" though. Might look for a double bubble.
https://i.imgur.com/rA2dVW5l.jpg

DJP
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:24 - 25 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I did fit a Healtech FI Tuner Pro. I've owned three Bandit 1250s over the years but my current one is the only one to exhibit the well documented low speed surging issue.

This is my first foray into tuning boxes and mapping and I have to say that it's pretty straightforward.

I've richened up the mixture in the problem area and after a few tweaks and half-a-dozen test runs I appear to have dialled out the problem.

Happy Days!

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:28 - 29 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know those moments when your thinking is really dim Embarassed and you should really not be allowed to play with tools ? , or is it just me?

Trying to refit the front caliper on to Project Scrappy Hyosung, and I could not for the life of me work out which way the plate that holds the caliper went on to the fork leg??? Embarassed
Then I remembered , I have my other Hyosung in the garage and I could go and look at that bike to see how it should be attached Embarassed .
Nearly two hours wasted, because I didn’t think Doh!

Anyway, the caliper is now on. Thumbs Up

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:09 - 30 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJP wrote:
Today I did fit a Healtech FI Tuner Pro. I've owned three Bandit 1250s over the years but my current one is the only one to exhibit the well documented low speed surging issue.

This is my first foray into tuning boxes and mapping and I have to say that it's pretty straightforward.

I've richened up the mixture in the problem area and after a few tweaks and half-a-dozen test runs I appear to have dialled out the problem.

Happy Days!

Interesting, I like the way you can adjust it yourself, is it easy?

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:14 - 30 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
Pretty much everyone at the garage (I use the same garage for all my bikes) had the same question.

So you gonna tell us!? Wink

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 01 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

fitted new clutch plates and springs. need to replace the clutch and brake fluid now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:54 - 02 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

renewed the clutch fluid.
thank Heavens for vacuum pump kits. they make bleeding so much easier. Thumbs Up

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:03 - 03 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replacing Harley fork seals:

https://i.imgur.com/9u8PNXh.jpg?1

Fuck me these things are just daft. The stanchions are almost 2 inches in diameter, the springs are surprisingly short though so also inside is a massive spacer. The addition of a rebound spring is all that keeps theses from being the most simple construction I have ever seen.

That being said at least they're easy to work on... apart from when I almost took my father-in-law out - clocked him right in the eye with the end of the stanchion Shocked Luckily he was wearing his glasses so he just looks like he lost a boxing match Shifty

<addendum>

Forgot to mention, I got the service manual to make sure all the nuts and bolts were torqued correctly. Almost nothing on the front end was Shocked Now everything's been properly reassembled the ride is much more stable, we did suspect the rear wheel alignment was a bit out but no, 'twas the front end Smile

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 03 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

replaced the brake fluid and bolted the fairing back on.
next time i want a naked bike. bodywork is too time consuming.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:45 - 04 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of days ago but couldn't find this thread... Laughing Took the hardwired mount for my Garmin Zumo off of
the Spacker. Sounds simple enough but because I routed the wiring so well had to remove the seat, tank and loosen
the airbox to get the cables out with numerous fiddly bits of trim and rubber to remove before I could get the tank off.
I noticed that my faux air intake grilles had a few spec of rust (or possibly dead bug corpses) so I whipped them
out for a quick blast with some black spray paint to tidy them up pre part exchange, also the reason the zumo
mount was offed. While I was at it I temporarily replaced the Zumo mount with my new Quadlock phone mount just
so I still have navigation available on the old bike, it's a two minute job to remove it again as it was bought for the
new bike really.

Does need a knuckle joint before I can use it, the Gilles bar brace thingy (which was a standard part on my bike
so will be staying on it when it goes) is at exactly the wrong height for me to get my phone on the mount. It should be here
tomorrow so I'll get it added asap. Also routed a microphone under my seat as I've been doing some filming and experimenting
with my Ghost camera and the inbuilt mic is gash over 30mph, way too much wind noise. Had a faff about fitting my old
seat pack too so I have room to take a couple of camera bits and bobs with me next time I'm out for a ride (probably Tuesday).
I am fighting a strong urge to buy a 360 degree camera. Holding out so far but weakening....

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:57 - 07 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, it’s the little things in life that make you smile.

I put the refurbished front caliper back on Project Scrappy Hyosung, along with a brand new hose and it all seemed go back together easily.
I topped it up with new brake fluid without to much fuss and no airlocks/bubbles AND it works Shocked Shocked Thumbs Up

dextersaurus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:06 - 07 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little things I've been meaning to do for ages.

First of all I found and plugged the puncture on the rear wheel of the fireblade, which was a nightmare to find till I got the fairy liquid out.

Then took the tank and airbox off to re-seat the throttle cable that pinged off when I tried to adjust it at the switchgear. that's all sorted and good to go now.

The Mille I took apart to check for the airbox restrictor which was still there, and snipped the wire at the ECU so that should be a bit faster, but also took the opportunity to re-route the fast idle cable so it reaches the switchgear after putting the nice wide fatbars on. Still need to do the fork seals before its MOT though Rolling Eyes

I was MrDunkable in a previous life. Then questioned why I was the one being dunked...

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:01 - 07 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

took it out for a ride and murdered many insects.
oddly enough, i have no urge to eat them. but i am thinking of scraping them off the fairing and sending them to Nicole Kidman.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:22 - 09 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Initial flight of the T140:

https://i.imgur.com/rNs4vDP.jpg?1

Yesterday we were mostly were swearing at the carbs. It was only running on one cylinder so not good enough for a test run. Gave the cold cylinder's carb a really good strip down and clean* and boom, 2 kicks and everything's lovely.

First run out the back brake locked on but turned out to just need some pedal adjustment. Apart from a few bolts working loose the carb idle/mixture screws need a good fettle, maybe up a jet size, fiddle with the timing but at least it'll sling you down the road as it is.

(audio on)
https://i.imgur.com/8Zx4mel.mp4

(We threw the side panels back at the paint shop to do a better job of 'em.)

*as the actress said to the bishop.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:30 - 09 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bike sounded like a Harley when off the throttle Shocked

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 10 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

More M750 shenanigans, over fuelling this time.

So, carbs off and stripped only to find that not only was there wear on the emulsion tube but the 'Ducati engineers' that rebuilt the bike before we bought it had fitted the wrong needles and main jet. One stage one Dynojet set ordered along with new emulsion tubes. Received and duly fitted and now it's running better than it ever has across the rev range.

I'm a happy chappy. Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 261 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 23 of 47