Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:53 - 25 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

Update on this, his left leg took the worst of the hit. His left foot was amputated soon after the smash. Unfortunately I
heard today that they've just taken it back to the knee. Pale That's really shit!

Yeah, that's not good.
From a psychological standpoint, I can't imagine how he's going to get over that. What a bummer.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:30 - 26 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
It's a detective series based in Bath.

I've spent most of my life living and working there.

They fucking filmed a bit of todays eposide at the guest house that the no.2 bastard works at....

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:43 - 26 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
grr666 wrote:

Update on this, his left leg took the worst of the hit. His left foot was amputated soon after the smash. Unfortunately I
heard today that they've just taken it back to the knee. Pale That's really shit!

Yeah, that's not good.
From a psychological standpoint, I can't imagine how he's going to get over that. What a bummer.

Having had conversations with multiple people that have lost part of their legs to bike crashes it seems to me that, Whilst it definitely isn't ideal its something that you can live with. Also If I had to loose that much of my body and never get it back Id probably choose the bottom half of a leg over any other bit.
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 26 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

virus wrote:
If I had to loose that much of my body and never get it back Id probably choose the bottom half of a leg over any other bit.

Yes. There's a big difference between an above- and below-knee amputation.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:26 - 27 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fug fug fug shytti fug Evil or Very Mad !
I had an appointment to assess problems with my right eye, and now I have to re-book for a later date due to testing positive for Covid Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad .

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:45 - 27 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaFFederal City cheese advert. The advert can't even get the name of the product right.
Every person on TV these days seem to be unable to say "TH" and use "V" or "FF" instead. Makes them sound thick, or as they would say, "Ffick".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:02 - 01 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hovis best of both bread.

made a sandwich with some today, and i was genuinely shocked at how small the slices were.
the crafty sods have made the bottom and top of a slice large and given it a narrow waist, making the bread in an unopened packet appear larger.
the centre of a slice was about as wide as a cream cracker. Evil or Very Mad

i wont be buying it again.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:55 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weather, ...

I've got 2 days off, due to some historical events that people here apparently celebrate (5th July - Saints Cyril and Methodius day & 6th July - Jan Hus day) and it's been constantly raining evere since I woke up today. I had so many plans. Rain The world's smallest violin player, just for you!

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:37 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some proper Londony stuff which is typically annoying, but just happened to be in the posh bit.

Decided to stop in and visit the Eyetie Prof during his clinic in Beauchamp Place. He was pleasantly surprised, but far too busy to stop for long (my fault, back to back bookings)

So then I sat for twenty bloody minutes in a bus stop across from Harrods (!) and the traffic in front of me barely moved! Outraged of Brompton Road.

I then crossed the road (bumper to bumper going into town) in an attempt to hail a cab, avoiding black clad ladies with lots of bags, and even THEN the driver suggested I walk up to Green Park rather than try and go round the snarl-up.

So I walked (in these boots!) round to Harvey Nicks where me and a nice Iranian lady blagged our way onto a number 9 bus and got ourselves to Green Park.

What a palaver! Laughing

Shifty I might have stopped to look at watches on the way - my eye was caught by a very nice Piaget, a snip at 90k+ Rolling Eyes

/karen Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:43 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a Love/Hate thing Wub

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:02 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit like a funnel for traffic, even on a bike it can be a pain to get past. 9 / 10 times the lights change at the end and everyone's trying to go right onto Knightsbridge and that's also clogged Sad

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:15 - 06 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switched ISP, my connection went off just after midnight yesterday (my switchover day), new ISP sent an email at nearly 10pm saying it's all setup and I can use my new service... except it isn't Rolling Eyes

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:11 - 06 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious. If you've received an e-mail, surely it is... Razz Razz Razz Now go log onto The WELL BBS!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:22 - 06 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit like being on the support line "why not use our online chat service?" well if my broadband was working I might! But of course the assumption is you have alternate channels like mobile data.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:58 - 06 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

blurredman wrote:
Curious. If you've received an e-mail, surely it is... Razz Razz Razz Now go log onto The WELL BBS!

I had to look up what that was Smile I barely know of BBS from the long before time.

Easy-X wrote:
Bit like being on the support line "why not use our online chat service?" well if my broadband was working I might! But of course the assumption is you have alternate channels like mobile data.

Yeah, also their broadband live chat support is 'currently offline' Rolling Eyes

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:28 - 07 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 'new' ISP was supposed to install on the 1st July... it got moved to the 12th without telling me Rolling Eyes I am glad I moved all of my work items in on the 30th to be ready for the weekend and sorted for work Monday Rolling Eyes

Until then, and likely forever now given I have rather slow ADSL, Starlink is keeping me alive Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:21 - 07 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had one friend get so frustrated with OpenWorld he eventually gave up and went with a 4G/5G router. Unless you're surfing for copious amounts of pr0n downloading loads of pirate torrents spending all day streaming Netflix in UHD the wireless offerings aren't too expensive.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:02 - 07 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight I noticed my wired ear buds were low in volume, particularly on the right, and when I pulled the rubber cups away there was a sticky green-blue gunge around and inside the metal bit. Slightly disgusted I picked at it with a tooth pick (as you would) and it looked like I was pulling the foam out. Google suggests the goo is corroded copper. I do hope so. Now looking for a new pair.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:07 - 07 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Tonight I noticed my wired ear buds were low in volume, particularly on the right, and when I pulled the rubber cups away there was a sticky green-blue gunge around and inside the metal bit. Slightly disgusted I picked at it with a tooth pick (as you would) and it looked like I was pulling the foam out. Google suggests the goo is corroded copper. I do hope so. Now looking for a new pair.

I wish my life was as exciting as yours Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:12 - 07 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. Cool

Should I have put this on the, ‘What oils my ears’ thread?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:19 - 07 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I know. Cool

Should I have put this on the, ‘What oils my ears’ thread?

I think you need professional advice to answer that one, I don't feel equal to the conundrum Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:32 - 07 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m thinking I ought to save this kind of material for the guy on Live Chat, I reckon he’d be more appreciative.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 21:54 - 07 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Had one friend get so frustrated with OpenWorld he eventually gave up and went with a 4G/5G router. Unless you're surfing for copious amounts of pr0n downloading loads of pirate torrents spending all day streaming Netflix in UHD the wireless offerings aren't too expensive.

I have almost zero 4G here Laughing my ADSL will be 10-12Mb on a good day. Starlink is 200ish most of the day Shocked

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:20 - 07 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

blurredman wrote:

Blimey! There's a blast from the past.

I used to run a point on FidoNet if you remember that - my tagline was 'Britain's most northerly point' Thumbs Up

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:32 - 09 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

heat. i could barely sleep, it was so hot in the night Sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 263 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
Page 92 of 176