Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What was the last thing you bought?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 403, 404, 405 ... 459, 460, 461  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:56 - 21 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

Fuel prices mean nothing to mr chip oil diesel combo. Parents loaned me it a few years ago, its been a trooper Laughing

Ironically the last thing i bought was oil.

My L200 doing 23mpg is getting mighty painful on the wallet with these £2 a litre prices, today I managed to find a supplier of new veg oil for 45p a litre. Laughing Thumbs Up
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:46 - 22 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wifie has bought a hot tub. Just why? Rolling Eyes

She's told me to set it up while she is at work and i can share it with her.

I almost said the last time I shared a bath with you was a good while ago and I was young and flexible enough for a bit of impromtu gigi gigi.

Luckily enough i engaged brain before mouth because I then remembered it wasn't her I shared that bath with. Whistle

Last edited by Polarbear on 17:56 - 22 Jun 2022; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:50 - 22 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

virus wrote:
Paddy. wrote:

Fuel prices mean nothing to mr chip oil diesel combo. Parents loaned me it a few years ago, its been a trooper Laughing

Ironically the last thing i bought was oil.

My L200 doing 23mpg is getting mighty painful on the wallet with these £2 a litre prices, today I managed to find a supplier of new veg oil for 45p a litre. Laughing Thumbs Up

Do you guys just run veg oil? Like pour it into the tank and just go?

bypass2
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:53 - 22 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Hong Kong Phooey"]
bypass2 wrote:
3 parkside spray cans in red to spray my petrol tank soon

If it's not 2k, then you definitely don't want to spill fuel over it when you fill up.[/quote

Hi yes its petrol resistant its good paint £3.95 a can 400ml from Lldl heres a pic comes in varius colours

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 21:37 - 22 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:

Do you guys just run veg oil? Like pour it into the tank and just go?

I have maybe 30l in there. I use clean stuff, not used filtered as that's seemingly always used or bought already.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:53 - 22 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Because why not.
I'd have one but I've not got the room in my garden.
I could knock the shed down, but its kind of stuck there.
Besides I have my water feature now, am quite happy with that.

Might try harder to talk the Senior Consort into one. He has the space Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:21 - 23 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a nice rose: white with red edging, its got a slight smell and has quite small flowers, its very pretty. I've put it in a big pot to stand alongside one of the fences Wub
Its got cunty thorns though Rolling Eyes I never learn.

I also bought some heliotrope, which I am overly chuffed about.
Not only did I have it on my "scented flowers" hit-list even though I didnt know how it smelt, simply because it was so highly rated ...

... but also I've discovered that it is a smell that I already love, which I haven't been able to pin down for nearly 40 years.

I used to work at Auckland University and of course the gardens there were very well looked after. I used to walk past a square near the Law Faculty that had a run of shrubs, of which one smelt wonderful - I thought, like baby powder - but I couldn't pin down which one it was.

As soon as I sniffed the heliotrope on the weekend, I just knew exactly what it was, and I had to have it. So I had two pots Laughing

Planted one in the garden, just as you open the gate, so you can smell it as you walk in the garden Cool Put the other one, still in a pot, out by my front door. I might move it to a bigger pot cos I want it to grow so I will be able to smell it when I come in the door.

Happy hellkat, easily pleased Mr. Green

lepus_orc
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 09:04 - 23 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

<shudders at thought of one of those things> Not my thing, but hey, we're all different.

hellkat wrote:
I bought a nice rose: white with red edging, its got a slight smell and has quite small flowers, its very pretty.

oh lovely enjoy your new flowers, they do make a difference to a home.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:48 - 23 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

She's told me to set it up while she is at work and i can share it with her.

I almost said the last time I shared a bath with you was a good while ago and I was young and flexible enough for a bit of impromtu gigi gigi.

Luckily enough i engaged brain before mouth because I then remembered it wasn't her I shared that bath with. Whistle

I'm going to presume you live on a council estate, the garden is overlooked, you're apt to playing loud music into the wee small hours, and are aggressive when you're drunk. Sorry if that's your wife rather than you Laughing

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:02 - 23 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
It was 'bought' before, but we finally paid the deposit, got the keys and started moving in to....

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/287071250_1496921607418288_8189384573719227080_n.jpg

So that!

But also, every fucking item inside. Laughing

Thant's a lovely looking property - good luck with it - somewhat envious.
Don't let the excise man catch with mazola in the tank though..

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:42 - 23 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

^IIRC you can produce/use up to 2,500 litres of the stuff before the taxman wants a cut.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/excise-notice-179e-biofuels-and-other-fuel-substitutes#P229_25599

That's enough to cover over 26,000 miles @ 40mpg. Pretty much most people wouldn't get near that.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:49 - 23 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
I have maybe 30l in there. I use clean stuff, not used filtered as that's seemingly always used or bought already.

It just runs? With no modifications?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:28 - 23 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boring shopping today.

IRL: A bag of salad (back on the diet) and a visit to the nailbar ladies. Rather worryingly, the lady who also tidied up my eyebrows gave me big modern ones this time round. I'm not best pleased but fuck it, lets see who notices Laughing

Online: Cat flea pipettes and a sonic cat scarer. All my work in the garden is wasted when all it smells of is cat poo. I live in a scumbag area (we are the borough in which the polio scare has started Rolling Eyes ) and I have little to no social conscience, so fuck the neighbours in whose gardens my cats might pooh, at least they won't have fleas, right.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 07:40 - 24 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

Yes. There's stories of injectors becoming messy as it's definitely thicker than diesel and you should probably heat the tank but I don't run it neat, so don't want to hear my fuel tank.

I 'could' install a second tank, start the car on diesel, heat the second tank and 5 miles in switch over to the other tank, but that's effort.

Car was £80, if it goes bang it goes bang.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:49 - 24 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

I heard tales (no proof) of taxi drivers sloshing in some petrol into diesel tanks in winter to keep it thin..

this different but I guess by mixing rapeseed oil with diesel you're just upping the bio content at low cost.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:05 - 24 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

My L200 has one of the old Bosch VE injector pumps and as such its not too picky as long as its something oily. I Run maximum 30% veg in winter because as paddy says its a touch thicker than diesel and without preheater systems when its propper cold it will cause extra strain on the pump in the tank and also not play niceley at the injectors.

But yeah in summer I fill it with 100% fresh oil be it veg/rapeseed whatevers cheapest.
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:09 - 26 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

New lid. Didn't need a new lid but bought one in advance of the new bike, HJC F70 in Matt plain Carbon.

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/images.linnlive.com/daac7bfaa4edcc7b947a3044bbb0d6a0/6cce5bf7-345c-401b-a1cb-c21584f484ff.jpg

I do already have a carbon lid, a Shark Spartan Carbon to be precise but it's glossy carbon finish and a mare to keep clean.
Plus I keep that for super sunny days as it has a super dark black visor on it which I can't be arsed to keep changing out
for a clear one when needed.

I really wanted a matt look carbon on my next lid, the Tech Black I have ordered my MT10 in is a kind of satin finish
paint, and I have plans for a couple of carbon bits and pieces for the new bike, so hopefully it's more in keeping with that
look. I also wanted something more sport touring oriented as I have some longer runs planned, with cutouts for speakers
as I have a second Sena kit sitting there doing nothing, and with a large visor with a wide field of vision.

This was a steal at £289 imo.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:27 - 28 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
New lid. Didn't need a new lid but bought one in advance of the new bike, HJC F70 in Matt plain Carbon.

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/images.linnlive.com/daac7bfaa4edcc7b947a3044bbb0d6a0/6cce5bf7-345c-401b-a1cb-c21584f484ff.jpg

I do already have a carbon lid, a Shark Spartan Carbon to be precise but it's glossy carbon finish and a mare to keep clean.
Plus I keep that for super sunny days as it has a super dark black visor on it which I can't be arsed to keep changing out
for a clear one when needed.

I really wanted a matt look carbon on my next lid, the Tech Black I have ordered my MT10 in is a kind of satin finish
paint, and I have plans for a couple of carbon bits and pieces for the new bike, so hopefully it's more in keeping with that
look. I also wanted something more sport touring oriented as I have some longer runs planned, with cutouts for speakers
as I have a second Sena kit sitting there doing nothing, and with a large visor with a wide field of vision.

This was a steal at £289 imo.

Carbon slut

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:14 - 28 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:

Carbon slut

I'm not even going to try and deny it. Laughing

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:51 - 28 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to blag a visit to Aero Leathers in Galashiels.

Ended up buyin a J-106 leather jacket. Very very nice. Made from horses don'cha know.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:57 - 28 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weisse Schlange wrote:
Managed to blag a visit to Aero Leathers in Galashiels.

Ended up buyin a J-106 leather jacket. Very very nice. Made from horses don'cha know.

i had a jacket in that style years ago. the belt buckle would scratch petrol tanks if they werent protected.

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:25 - 28 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not on a Harley it won't, but yeh on others I'd lose the belt.

It's a friggin awesome jacket mind. Weighs about 3 stone lol.

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:22 - 28 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Because why not.
I'd have one but I've not got the room in my garden.
I could knock the shed down, but its kind of stuck there.
Besides I have my water feature now, am quite happy with that.

Might try harder to talk the Senior Consort into one. He has the space Laughing

I have a Lay-Z-spa inflatable one. It's a feking great thing, I love it after a day on the mountainbike, or after a 12hr shift. The kids love it as well, the grandaughter thinks it's and olympic sized pool.

And on a pitch black night with a cigar and a whisky, it's heaven.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 05:41 - 29 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life in the fast lane and all that!, I did buy a left side mirror for ‘Project Scrappy Hyosung’.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:58 - 29 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit of billet slag too. Cool Just arrived, Quadlock handlebar mount PRO and case for my phone. I have a hard wired
Garmin mount on the current bike and barely use my nav unit as I then have to carry something else around when off the
bike whereas I always have my phone. Did consider a ram X mount but they look gopping on the bike plus I'm not so
sure something so pricey should rely on a glorified elastic band to keep an expensive phone safe at three digit velocities.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/HzwAAOSwNm5iRi3B/s-l400.png
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 294 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 403, 404, 405 ... 459, 460, 461  Next
Page 404 of 461