Bike thefts

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

adam277
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 09:30 - 26 Jun 2022    Post subject: Bike thefts Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/e3QHg0y29IU

As someone who has had their bike stolen only for the police not even to turn up or anything this kinda rings true lol.
Next time my bike gets stolen I am gonna say the guy made a racist comment!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:59 - 26 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst I certainly agree with the sentiment of the video for balance I'll just say the police did turn up to take samples of blood left behind when a local drug dealer smashed the back window of my car.

scoobydaz
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 12:10 - 26 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several years ago I had my garage broken into and the brand new bikes that I'd had for two weeks, replacing the previous ones stolen 6 weeks earlier from the very same garage, were nicked.

This happened on a Thursday night whilst I was visiting my mother in hospital who was being treated for cancer, in Norfolk.

My wife reported the bikes stolen Friday upon seeing the garage door open and the bikes (plus other bits) gone.

I arrived home Friday night, somewhat emotional and exhausted and called plod to see what was happening only to be told to that when they could be bothered they would generate a crime number and send it over for me to claim again, I said this wasn't good enough and I wanted to see someone at the crime scene, I was told that it was a low priority and to wait for a crime number.

I placed the phone on the table and walked away, winked at my wife and whispered not to worry, I then said in a load voice " I'm going to teach you not to look after my stuff when I'm gone your STUPID BITCH" and cut the phone off.

Surprisingly within 3 minutes there were three cars outside my house with four plain clothed officers and a patrol car with two in uniform bursting through my gate and demanding to see my wife.

After everything had calmed down and I was told I could be arrested for wasting police time it was then explained, at length, how I must bring everything of value from out of my garage and into my house where I can keep an eye on it and Johnny scumbag can't get at it easily.......

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:50 - 28 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

scoobydaz wrote:
Several years ago I had my garage broken into and the brand new bikes that I'd had for two weeks, replacing the previous ones stolen 6 weeks earlier from the very same garage, were nicked.

This happened on a Thursday night whilst I was visiting my mother in hospital who was being treated for cancer, in Norfolk.

My wife reported the bikes stolen Friday upon seeing the garage door open and the bikes (plus other bits) gone.

I arrived home Friday night, somewhat emotional and exhausted and called plod to see what was happening only to be told to that when they could be bothered they would generate a crime number and send it over for me to claim again, I said this wasn't good enough and I wanted to see someone at the crime scene, I was told that it was a low priority and to wait for a crime number.

I placed the phone on the table and walked away, winked at my wife and whispered not to worry, I then said in a load voice " I'm going to teach you not to look after my stuff when I'm gone your STUPID BITCH" and cut the phone off.

Surprisingly within 3 minutes there were three cars outside my house with four plain clothed officers and a patrol car with two in uniform bursting through my gate and demanding to see my wife.

After everything had calmed down and I was told I could be arrested for wasting police time it was then explained, at length, how I must bring everything of value from out of my garage and into my house where I can keep an eye on it and Johnny scumbag can't get at it easily.......
..but even then, if you're low priority having the bikes in the garage what difference is having them in the house?

We all know any thief isn't going to be deterred by a door in a wall connecting the 2.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:50 - 29 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Whilst I certainly agree with the sentiment of the video for balance I'll just say the police did turn up to take samples of blood left behind when a local drug dealer smashed the back window of my car.

Aye but....

Was that tp solve your crime or to have some kunt's DNA on file for the future?

The grater gud. Init.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:00 - 29 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the catalytic converter cut out of our car out on the street here. Didn't even ring the rozzers. What's the point.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:09 - 29 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do find it so very frustrating. What's worse is any kind of intervention on the part of the victim/owner is likely to be regarded as a crime in it's own right and because it's against a person rather than an object, they're more likely to act on it.

I go totally overboard with security; it makes it a 'mare to get the bike out, but it gives me peace of mind. If ever caught someone in the act, I'm not sure I know how I'd react. Ringing the rozzers is unlikely to help unless you stated you were being threatened, I guess they might up the priority a bit then. Rushing the thieves armed with a poker/baseball bat/sharpened mango or whatever else you have to hand runs the risk of discovering they're better armed (and likely they'll at least have a 2ft set of bolt croppers with them, which I imagine is quite an effective weapon).

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:55 - 29 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderGuts wrote:
I do find it so very frustrating. What's worse is any kind of intervention on the part of the victim/owner is likely to be regarded as a crime in it's own right and because it's against a person rather than an object, they're more likely to act on it.

I go totally overboard with security; it makes it a 'mare to get the bike out, but it gives me peace of mind. If ever caught someone in the act, I'm not sure I know how I'd react. Ringing the rozzers is unlikely to help unless you stated you were being threatened, I guess they might up the priority a bit then. Rushing the thieves armed with a poker/baseball bat/sharpened mango or whatever else you have to hand runs the risk of discovering they're better armed (and likely they'll at least have a 2ft set of bolt croppers with them, which I imagine is quite an effective weapon).

Sit with your 12 gauge loaded and at the ready then come out blasting at any kunt who tries to have a go.
It will create some admin headache for someome but word will get around on your manor that you do not take prisoners. Cool

The whole point of skoority is mainly to encourage scum to focus on easier targets.
(I aye considered the social responsibility about that. Lock you shit up but let your neighbours take a hit.)
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 292 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1