Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 176, 177, 178  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:23 - 10 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was out in the sun Friday and Saturday (fishing) and slept on the boat Friday night.
Now I’m all burnt and covered in mozzie bites! Shocked Evil or Very Mad Laughing , fugging bum!

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:25 - 10 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weather is bullshit. Can't do anything.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:36 - 10 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
heat. i could barely sleep, it was so hot in the night Sad

It's more my noisy f**king neighbours disrupting my sleep, obviously due to the heat you have to sleep with your windows open, but why does everyone act a loud mouth retard as soon as the weather warms up?

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:27 - 12 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kin ell! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil .
This weather is REALLY bringing out the critters and bitey buggers!
I was out in the garden for half an hour at most today and I’ve been bitten three times Shocked Evil or Very Mad .

Evil little barstewards Middle Finger .

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 12 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody Scottoiler - obviously had a loose pipe or a leak somewhere because the damned resevoir is empty and the underside of my bike looks like someone hit it with a grease gun.

It's loosened all the shite around the primary drive area - so tomorrows job is to degrease that and get it cleaned up. Clean up the Scottoiler, trace wherever the leak is and then maybe refit it and then maybe refill it.

On the plus side, all the things it has soaked under the bike are now spotlessly clean.

Car for the next couple of days, i don't want to be riding that until it's clean ( safe) again.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 12 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

It's more my noisy f**king neighbours disrupting my sleep, obviously due to the heat you have to sleep with your windows open, but why does everyone act a loud mouth retard as soon as the weather warms up?

try sleeping with a radio or similar on. i found it helps a lot, once you get used to it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:26 - 13 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
M.C wrote:

try sleeping with a radio or similar on. i found it helps a lot, once you get used to it.

I do listen to talky stuff to help me doze off, it stops your brain from racing if you have trouble switching off, but I found if I leave it on they'll be a loud bit or something else that wakes me up.

ZebraDriver
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 07:33 - 13 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
Bloody Scottoiler - obviously had a loose pipe or a leak somewhere because the damned resevoir is empty and the underside of my bike looks like someone hit it with a grease gun.

It's loosened all the shite around the primary drive area - so tomorrows job is to degrease that and get it cleaned up. Clean up the Scottoiler, trace wherever the leak is and then maybe refit it and then maybe refill it.

On the plus side, all the things it has soaked under the bike are now spotlessly clean.

Car for the next couple of days, i don't want to be riding that until it's clean ( safe) again.

Are you sure its leaking and not just the hot weather that has allowed it to flow too freely. My old F650 used to do this when on a long run because I had the scottoiler too close to the engine and when it heated up enough....

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:18 - 13 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I do listen to talky stuff to help me doze off, it stops your brain from racing if you have trouble switching off, but I found if I leave it on they'll be a loud bit or something else that wakes me up.

I've listened to stuff for years... To counteract getting woken up by a loud bit is to read an audio book as opposed to a play etc. Also, repetition... The first time you listen to it you might end up inadvertently keeping yourself up wanting to listen to it. These days I think I've 'listened' to the same old audiobooks hundreds of times and now I fall asleep within 10-15 minuntes normally.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:56 - 13 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

I often drift off to music, usually Ozric Tentacles played at low volume. I use my Amazon Echo show for this as I can
ask it to switch off after 1 hour at the same time as I verbally request the music, it makes a great alarm clock too.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:04 - 13 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

blurredman wrote:

I've listened to stuff for years... To counteract getting woken up by a loud bit is to read an audio book as opposed to a play etc. Also, repetition... The first time you listen to it you might end up inadvertently keeping yourself up wanting to listen to it. These days I think I've 'listened' to the same old audiobooks hundreds of times and now I fall asleep within 10-15 minuntes normally.

Try listening to Neil Nunes reading the shipping forecast.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:30 - 13 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
blurredman wrote:

Try listening to Neil Nunes reading the shipping forecast.

I'm usually gone by Dogger, so don't get to snigger childishly.

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:04 - 13 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

I often drift off to music, usually Ozric Tentacles played at low volume. I use my Amazon Echo show for this as I can
ask it to switch off after 1 hour at the same time as I verbally request the music, it makes a great alarm clock too.

you fall alseep to that?! I cant close my eyes listening to Ozric Tentacles for fear the 3 headed giraffe will come back Laughing
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

Last edited by virus on 20:14 - 13 Jul 2022; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:16 - 13 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, in that case try the oroonies or wooden baby. Proper trippy stuff.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:17 - 13 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

virus wrote:

you fall alseep to that?

Yeah at whisper quiet volume, works every time.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:01 - 14 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZebraDriver wrote:

Are you sure its leaking and not just the hot weather that has allowed it to flow too freely. My old F650 used to do this when on a long run because I had the scottoiler too close to the engine and when it heated up enough....

Positive. It was the side breather rubber grommet that wasn't clipped in. All cleaned, refitted and refilled. Primed and dropping one drop every 40 seconds or so.

Pretty much zero wear to chain or rear sprocket after almost 16k miles.

Jizer through a spray gun cleaned it up a treat.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:46 - 14 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:

i wouldnt have though it was possible to cover that many miles on a litre bike without stretching the chain. im impressed.
i may have to look into scott oilers.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:04 - 14 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't exactly stand it on the back wheel ..... Throttle tends to be rolled on not cracked open, that's probably as much to do with it.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:27 - 14 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
UncleBFester wrote:

i wouldnt have though it was possible to cover that many miles on a litre bike without stretching the chain. im impressed.
i may have to look into scott oilers.

They don't stretch, they wear. The more revolutions you do the more wear. The chain on a litre bike tends to be 530 rather than 520/525, so heavier duty, and more appropriate to spread the increased torque/pressure load. They're normally done for by 16,000 miles regardless of o-ring type, pitch, bike cc etc, so Scottoilers and the ilk are definitely worth the money if you do big miles.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:05 - 15 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Harry's Game on the BBC player thingy. I've listened to it so often I think I've worn it out, but the humour is spot on and it's easy to listen to.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:42 - 15 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot weather. Never liked it. I'm happiest when it's winter and raining (partly so I can use my Rainpal.)

A little respite the last couple of days but just now "UK issues first ever red warning (severe heat) for Monday and Tuesday"

It looks like XR were right all along. Either that or the Africans are bringing their weather with them.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:51 - 15 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three deliveries today. Each and every one thumped on the door rather than press the quite obvious, expensive fancy doorbell
I installed yesterday. Wankers!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:32 - 15 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
It looks like XR were right all along.

I don't really get it (the media narrative), heatwaves always happen in the summer, especially July/August Confused The mild winters we've had have been much more of a WTF for me, that year it was still 15 degrees in mid-december, or the one where daffodils started blooming in February.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:15 - 15 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Server fault!

Last edited by pepperami on 18:50 - 15 Jul 2022; edited 1 time in total

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:17 - 15 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Three deliveries today. Each and every one thumped on the door rather than press the quite obvious, expensive fancy doorbell
I installed yesterday. Wankers!

I laughed reading that .
When we moved into this house , we discovered it has a loud bonkers doorbell that could make Quasimodo wince!
My neighbour has discovered our door bell and ALWAYS rings it several times when he needs to speak to me Evil or Very Mad Shocked Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 287 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 176, 177, 178  Next
Page 93 of 178